A little help from my fellow progressives on the board.

berg80

Diamond Member
Oct 28, 2017
I'd like to begin compiling a list of all the lies Repubs have told about the House impeachment inquiry. But I can't keep track of all of them.

There are some easy ones to start with.

1. Repubs say the depositions were held in secret. Not true. While they were held behind closed doors, Repubs were allowed to attended, ask questions of the witnesses, and had equal time to do so. Also, the transcripts of those depositions were made public.
Schiff says committees will eventually make impeachment inquiry transcripts public
2. Trump claims he was not allowed to defend himself. Not true. He was invited to have an attorney present at the Judiciary Committee hearing but chose not to.
Trump and counsel invited to take part in upcoming impeachment hearings - CNNPolitics
3. Repubs claim they were not allowed to have their witnesses testify. Not true.
Democrats Say Republican Impeachment Witnesses May Testify
Bloomberg - Are you a robot?
"Democrats signaled their willingness to let some witnesses requested by Republicans testify as the House starts public impeachment hearings of Donald Trump this week, but only those people with knowledge of the president’s actions. And not Hunter Biden or the whistle-blower.
Ahead of the first session on Wednesday, Republicans gave the committee a list of witnesses they want called -- including former Vice President Joe Biden’s son, Hunter, and the anonymous whistle-blower whose complaint sparked the inquiry."

Anyone not a member of the Trump cult is encouraged to add to the list.

I'd like to begin compiling a list of all the lies Repubs have told about the House impeachment inquiry. But I can't keep track of all of them.

1. Repubs say the depositions were held in secret. Not true. While they were held behind closed doors, Repubs were allowed to attended, ask questions of the witnesses, and had equal time to do so. Also, the transcripts of those depositions were made public.
Schiff says committees will eventually make impeachment inquiry transcripts public
2. Trump claims he was not allowed to defend himself. Not true. He was invited to have an attorney present at the Judiciary Committee hearing but chose not to.
Trump and counsel invited to take part in upcoming impeachment hearings - CNNPolitics
3. Repubs claim they were not allowed to have their witnesses testify. Not true.
"Democrats signaled their willingness to let some witnesses requested by Republicans testify as the House starts public impeachment hearings of Donald Trump this week, but only those people with knowledge of the president’s actions. And not Hunter Biden or the whistle-blower.
Ahead of the first session on Wednesday, Republicans gave the committee a list of witnesses they want called -- including former Vice President Joe Biden’s son, Hunter, and the anonymous whistle-blower whose complaint sparked the inquiry."

86cfe8a17cdab93ea07a4444f5d1e281.jpg

sorry but a progressive worrying about the lies told by others is a little hypocritical dont ya think???

regardless how wrong the RW idiot collective may be, they will never allow you or anyone else to point it out.

F'em and feed em fish heads.

Just listen to the current "debate" in the House. Everything they say after "I rise" is a lie - or rather, a hit list of lies that were cooked up by the rightarded blabbosphere over the last three months. It's not as if they saw any virtue in originality. Thinking about it, "I rise" is also a lie. They should open their statements with "I diminish, disgrace and belittle myself, stating ..."

Sensenbrenner: Trump released the transcript immediately after the call. The truth is, to this day there is no transcript, and two months later is not "immediately" after the call.

I give up. There is no way to keep up with the Gish Gallop.

View attachment 295396
Your Grandkid?

Let’s reflect when swamp democrats and all the Fake News bots like the OP claimed Trump colluded with Russia...

All the lies started when the Goppers were sworn in to office.

Mission Accomplished, Comrade
giphy.gif

regardless how wrong the RW idiot collective may be, they will never allow you or anyone else to point it out.

F'em and feed em fish heads.
Will You Pledge Allegiance to The United States of Pelosi, and Emperor of The New Banana Republic of Pelosi?
The Divine Emperor Pelosi will not be denied her Throne of Tyranny!
maxresdefault.jpg

nancy-pelosi-looks-like-emperor-palpatine

I wonder if Russian bots are behind some of the lies?

Says House Democrats passed impeachment rules that "do not allow any witness to be called unless the witness is approved by Adam Schiff," "do not allow involvement of the President’s legal counsel" and "do not allow any witness to be questioned unless the question is approved by Adam Schiff."

tom-mostlyfalse.png

Post misrepresents House Democrats’ impeachment rules

I wonder if Russian bots are behind some of the lies?

Says House Democrats passed impeachment rules that "do not allow any witness to be called unless the witness is approved by Adam Schiff," "do not allow involvement of the President’s legal counsel" and "do not allow any witness to be questioned unless the question is approved by Adam Schiff."

tom-mostlyfalse.png

Post misrepresents House Democrats’ impeachment rules
Good One. Spoken like a True Russian Propagandist. Keep them coming, Comrade.

tenor.gif

All the lies started when the Goppers were sworn in to office.
Yes, yes, more of that Comrade! Death To America! We Will Bury You!
91108.gif

Forum List

Back