A letter to Holocaust Deniers!

Luissa

Annoying Customer
Sep 7, 2008
TARDIS
Contest winner makes plea to end continued denials - Spokesman.com - April 10, 2010

President Ahmadinejad:

I write this letter not as a suggestion, not as a recommendation, but as a plea. A plea for justice, for recognition of the millions of Jews, homosexuals, ethnic Poles, Jehovah’s Witnesses, and all the other groups that were targeted during the event you refuse to acknowledge: The Holocaust.

Holocaust, as defined by the Merriam-Webster Dictionary, is “a thorough destruction involving extensive loss of life especially through fire.”

When asked to describe the Holocaust that took place in Europe during World War II, the words “terrifying” “hateful” and “atrocious” come to mind. It is my wish, along with millions of others, that anti-Semitism, homophobia, and any other discrimination ended with the Holocaust, but your denial proves that these prejudiced feelings linger on in our society.

By completely ignoring the horrific events that happened during the Holocaust, you perform what Elie Wiesel has called a “double killing.” Recognizing the Holocaust would be one step closer to a peaceful, non-discriminating world

A few years ago my family and I visited the Holocaust Museum in Washington, D.C. We saw pictures which made every person there either want to cry or vomit. Pictures of adults and children alike, skin hanging off their bones like clothes on a hanger, almost unrecognizable as human beings.

Pictures of dead, innocent beings thrown carelessly into a pile as if their hearts had never held a beat, their lungs had never filled with air. Once again, I can’t help but ask how you can deny this atrocity.

Are you truly able to turn your back on the memories of these men, women and children, killed because they didn’t fit the description of the “perfect human being?” By proclaiming that this horrifying event never happened you are denying the survivors and relatives of victims the comfort of acknowledgment.
]

Full letter at above link

Contest winner makes plea to end continued denials - Spokesman.com - April 10, 2010

President Ahmadinejad:

I write this letter not as a suggestion, not as a recommendation, but as a plea. A plea for justice, for recognition of the millions of Jews, homosexuals, ethnic Poles, Jehovah’s Witnesses, and all the other groups that were targeted during the event you refuse to acknowledge: The Holocaust.

Holocaust, as defined by the Merriam-Webster Dictionary, is “a thorough destruction involving extensive loss of life especially through fire.”

When asked to describe the Holocaust that took place in Europe during World War II, the words “terrifying” “hateful” and “atrocious” come to mind. It is my wish, along with millions of others, that anti-Semitism, homophobia, and any other discrimination ended with the Holocaust, but your denial proves that these prejudiced feelings linger on in our society.

By completely ignoring the horrific events that happened during the Holocaust, you perform what Elie Wiesel has called a “double killing.” Recognizing the Holocaust would be one step closer to a peaceful, non-discriminating world

A few years ago my family and I visited the Holocaust Museum in Washington, D.C. We saw pictures which made every person there either want to cry or vomit. Pictures of adults and children alike, skin hanging off their bones like clothes on a hanger, almost unrecognizable as human beings.

Pictures of dead, innocent beings thrown carelessly into a pile as if their hearts had never held a beat, their lungs had never filled with air. Once again, I can’t help but ask how you can deny this atrocity.

Are you truly able to turn your back on the memories of these men, women and children, killed because they didn’t fit the description of the “perfect human being?” By proclaiming that this horrifying event never happened you are denying the survivors and relatives of victims the comfort of acknowledgment.
]

Full letter at above link

I have been to Dachau 3 different times. It is enough to make you cry, scream, and want to punish someone. It is difficult to believe some of the things that humans can do to each other. Worse than animals.

I am sure the Holocaust happened and was one of the dark chapters in humanity.
I cannot condemn it enough.

With all respect I do not think something like that gives the jews a free ride on anything though no more than I think todays blacks deserve a free ride because many of their ancestors were slaves.

We live in the here and now and that is what we should base our lives on.

With all respect I do not think something like that gives the jews a free ride on anything though no more than I think todays blacks deserve a free ride because many of their ancestors were slaves.

It has nothing to do with a free ride. There were many in those camps who were not Jewish. The sign outside the camps today reads "Never again" in 4 different languages.

This is what we must take from this part of our history. To never allow this to happen again.

Considering the significant increase in anti-semitism around the world today, Jews are hardly in danger of getting a free ride.

Just sayin'.

It has nothing to do with a free ride. There were many in those camps who were not Jewish. The sign outside the camps today reads "Never again" in 4 different languages.

This is what we must take from this part of our history. To never allow this to happen again.

Ohh I agree, just like slavery.

Considering the significant increase in anti-semitism around the world today, Jews are hardly in danger of getting a free ride.

Just sayin'.

Amazing how antisemitism just seems to include Jews now and not the other semetic people.
Very clever.

Just saying how many other groups have a card like that to play if you disagree with or do not support them?

Of course, but both still happen.

Just sayin'.

Amazing how antisemitism just seems to include Jews now and not the other semetic people.
Very clever.

Just saying how many other groups have a card like that to play if you disagree with or do not support them?

more interesting that you've chosen to use this thread to try to deflect from what she's saying in the O/P.

Yep gitmo was/is a touch of it and Abu Grabass.
There are basic humanities that America is supposed to represent, but we seem to be losing that...

Very clever.

How many other groups? Have you seen how often the race card is played on this board alone?

Jew Hatred by any name is on the increase - as evidenced in the press on a near daily basis. Many of Israel's neighbors have as a main policy initiative the utter destruction of the Jewish state and people. As no other semitic people is such a widespread target for mass extinction, your semantic quibbling is rather trite.

Antisemitism is what got Hitler where he needed to be in order to do all the other awful stuff.

but it is part of a larger problem of regarding people you don't like as less than human.

So jumping on antisemitism is like pulling the first dandelion to invade your lawn. It makes sure the problem doesn't get substantially worse very quickly.

There are basic humanities that America is supposed to represent, but we seem to be losing that...

Gitmo is hardly a Concentration Camp of the Nazi model.

That type of moral relativism is disgusting.

Yes it was disgusting to me and some just tried to play off Abu Grabass as college pranks kind of thing.
How much more disgusting than that can you get.
Americans do not have to become the enemy to fight them.

I was thinking more along the lines of things happening in Africa. Gitmo was nothing compared to the death camps of Nazi Germany. And we did charge and punish several at Abu Graib. (not the all the right ones but some)

Yes it was disgusting to me and some just tried to play off Abu Grabass as college pranks kind of thing.
How much more disgusting than that can you get.
Americans do not have to become the enemy to fight them.

You're just digging your self into a deeper hole of moral relativism.

This thread is about holocaust deniers. What happened to concentration camp prisoners in WWII is much more vile than anything that occurred in Abu Graib Your pathetic attempts to equate the two is pretty disgusting, although I'm sure you are capable of doing far worse.

Antisemitism is what got Hitler where he needed to be in order to do all the other awful stuff.

but it is part of a larger problem of regarding people you don't like as less than human.

So jumping on antisemitism is like pulling the first dandelion to invade your lawn. It makes sure the problem doesn't get substantially worse very quickly.

Are those like me who think that Israel causes some of it's own problems and we should not support them antisemetic?

I feel the same about several other countries, but there is no label for that.

Hating them just because of their religion is antisemitic. But do we have an name for hating Islamic semitic folks because of their religion?

Do you have any clue how ignorant your signature is ?
I was/am an Eagle scout .
That leaves your stupid ass in the dust.
Understand ?

New Topics

Forum List

Back