“A hundred billion dollars doesn’t do it folks”

task0778

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2017
Texas hill country
GLASGOW, Scotland — Speaking during and immediately after a meeting of the High Ambition Coalition, a group of roughly 60 countries that advocate for the strongest possible policies to address climate change at the U.N. Climate Change Conference, special presidential envoy for climate John Kerry hinted Tuesday that major announcements on climate finance are in the offing.
“A hundred billion dollars doesn’t do it folks,” Kerry said to a gaggle of press following the meeting at the conference, also known as COP26. Kerry was referring to the promise of $100 billion per year in financing for adapting to and mitigating climate change for developing countries, from developed countries at the last major round of climate negotiations in Paris in 2015. “It’s trillions of dollars that are needed. And the only way that we will get this done is if trillions of dollars are forthcoming. And they are. Tomorrow there will be an announcement. I’m not going to jump the announcement, but there are tens of trillions of dollars announced that are available to be invested in this transition.”

By “get this done,” Kerry means reaching an agreement in Glasgow during the next two weeks that will commit all countries to steep enough cuts in greenhouse gas emissions to ensure the world doesn’t tip over into catastrophic climate change. Up until now, the lack of adequate financing to rapidly grow the economies of poor countries without resorting to using fossil fuels — the “transition” Kerry referred to — has been a major sticking point in negotiations. Large developing nations like India have shied away from making firm commitments to near-term emissions targets because of this.

Kerry goes on to say that the US private sector will be providing much of the funding.

“Let me give you an example,” Kerry said, when asked by Yahoo News who would be providing the funds. “My office worked with the six largest banks in America –– Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley, Wells Fargo, State Street, Bank of America and JPMorgan –– they publicly stood up a number of months ago, it wasn’t much noticed, and they announced that they will over the next 10 years, they will invest $4.1 trillion.”

First of all, talk is cheap - real cheap. Fine by me if that's what they want to do, but ask yourself a question: where's that money going to come from? And where is it going to be spent? Here, in the US? When a democrat talks about spending that much money, you better be watching what happens in DC. I don't think that's going to happen.

GLASGOW, Scotland — Speaking during and immediately after a meeting of the High Ambition Coalition, a group of roughly 60 countries that advocate for the strongest possible policies to address climate change at the U.N. Climate Change Conference, special presidential envoy for climate John Kerry hinted Tuesday that major announcements on climate finance are in the offing.
“A hundred billion dollars doesn’t do it folks,” Kerry said to a gaggle of press following the meeting at the conference, also known as COP26. Kerry was referring to the promise of $100 billion per year in financing for adapting to and mitigating climate change for developing countries, from developed countries at the last major round of climate negotiations in Paris in 2015. “It’s trillions of dollars that are needed. And the only way that we will get this done is if trillions of dollars are forthcoming. And they are. Tomorrow there will be an announcement. I’m not going to jump the announcement, but there are tens of trillions of dollars announced that are available to be invested in this transition.”

By “get this done,” Kerry means reaching an agreement in Glasgow during the next two weeks that will commit all countries to steep enough cuts in greenhouse gas emissions to ensure the world doesn’t tip over into catastrophic climate change. Up until now, the lack of adequate financing to rapidly grow the economies of poor countries without resorting to using fossil fuels — the “transition” Kerry referred to — has been a major sticking point in negotiations. Large developing nations like India have shied away from making firm commitments to near-term emissions targets because of this.

Kerry goes on to say that the US private sector will be providing much of the funding.

“Let me give you an example,” Kerry said, when asked by Yahoo News who would be providing the funds. “My office worked with the six largest banks in America –– Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley, Wells Fargo, State Street, Bank of America and JPMorgan –– they publicly stood up a number of months ago, it wasn’t much noticed, and they announced that they will over the next 10 years, they will invest $4.1 trillion.”

First of all, talk is cheap - real cheap. Fine by me if that's what they want to do, but ask yourself a question: where's that money going to come from? And where is it going to be spent? Here, in the US? When a democrat talks about spending that much money, you better be watching what happens in DC. I don't think that's going to happen.
Well it comes from the taxpayer first and then goes through the greedy little pockets to make the wealthy wealthier; and btw, f' you little people take that vaccine we created just for you and STFU.

What an idiot Kerry is. I wonder where they think they will be getting the money to support the biggest hoax on the planet. Good Lord.
You can bet that none of it will come from China or Russia or Iran and they won't spend a yuan or ruble to improve their industrial climate record either

Folks, we only have ten more years before all life on this planet becomes extinct because of this climate change. We just elected a superhero named Brandon, who could save us from this horrible fate.

Unfortunately for us, when this superhero isn't crapping himself in the Vatican, he's falling asleep at the most important climate change conference of this decade.

Ya'll are pretty much fucked. Enjoy the next ten years. :laughing0301:

Forum List

Back