CDZ A History of FBI Screw Ups

Not too civilized...

The FBI should be dismantled. They've killed more people than the plague.

You forgot this one:

White House FBI files controversy - Wikipedia

The FBI's unconscionable entry into partisan politics began with the Clinton Presidency and accelerated under Obama. Maybe its time to break up the Democratic Party?

“I have total confidence that the FISA process was followed, and that the entire case was handled in a thoughtful and responsible way by DOJ and the FBI,” Comey said Dec. 7, 2018, in a clip played by Wallace on Sunday.

Comey acknowledged Sunday that his comments at the time were false.

“I was overconfident in the procedures that the FBI and Justice had built over 20 years. I thought they were robust enough,” he told Wallace.

Comey also agreed it was “fair” to say the FBI gave the FISA court false information, especially regarding Page.” Comey Says He Was ‘Wrong’ About FBI’s Surveillance Abuse, But Downplays His Own Role In Bungled Case

Here's the point where you mumble 'jumbo,' wipe off the drool, and wander off.

“I have total confidence that the FISA process was followed, and that the entire case was handled in a thoughtful and responsible way by DOJ and the FBI,” Comey said Dec. 7, 2018, in a clip played by Wallace on Sunday.

“I was overconfident in the procedures that the FBI and Justice had built over 20 years. I thought they were robust enough,” he told Wallace.

Comey also agreed it was “fair” to say the FBI gave the FISA court false information, especially regarding Page.” Comey Says He Was ‘Wrong’ About FBI’s Surveillance Abuse, But Downplays His Own Role In Bungled Case

no such admission was made. Here is where you double down on your lies

Actually.....just such an admission was made.

"False information': Comey says Americans lied to about FISA scandal"
'False information': Comey says Americans lied to about FISA scandal

"CHRIS WALLACE: I guess the question is, it seemed that you were minimizing the role of the Steele Dossier, and he's saying it's a lot more important than you let on.

JAMES COMEY: Okay. If I was, then I'm sorry that I did that. But I meant that it was one part of the presentation to the court. It was not a huge part of the presentation to the court, but it was the fact, according to his report, that convinced the lawyers to go forward."
Chris Wallace Grills James Comey On Horowitz Report, FISA Abuse: "You Make It Sound Like You Were A Bystander"

"FBI Director James Comey has been caught going around to secret Congressional briefings in “recent weeks” touting the lurid fake “Trump dossier.” He has been claiming that it is a major foundation of the FBI’s investigation of purported Russian collusion with Trump to interfere in the election—months after theFBI had already assessed the “dossier” as non-credible."
The Final Truth about the “Trump Dossier”

"...a major foundation of the FBI’s investigation of purported Russian collusion with Trump...."
Even when he already knew it was "non-credible
Non-credible....

Looks like I thrashed you again, huh?

Both you and Comey.

"FBI Director James Comey has been caught going around to secret Congressional briefings in “recent weeks” touting the lurid fake “Trump dossier.” He has been claiming that it is a major foundation of the FBI’s investigation of purported Russian collusion with Trump to interfere in the election—months after theFBI had already assessed the “dossier” as non-credible."

"...a major foundation of the FBI’s investigation of purported Russian collusion with Trump...."
Non-credible....
Comey owes Trump at minimum a huge apology as well as to Carter PAge, and Padopolis.

Manafort and Roger Stone should be released from prison ASAP and the charges against Flynn also dropped.

These things would have never been done to them were it not for the fruit of the poison tree.

Non-credible....
Comey owes Trump at minimum a huge apology as well as to Carter PAge, and Padopolis.

Manafort and Roger Stone should be released from prison ASAP and the charges against Flynn also dropped.

These things would have never been done to them were it not for the fruit of the poison tree.

Not good enough, Jimmy.....

I had something like this in mind....

671a25310efcbb54afed89e337e57565

"CHRIS WALLACE: I guess the question is, it seemed that you were minimizing the role of the Steele Dossier, and he's saying it's a lot more important than you let on.

JAMES COMEY: Okay. If I was, then I'm sorry that I did that. But I meant that it was one part of the presentation to the court. It was not a huge part of the presentation to the court, but it was the fact, according to his report, that convinced the lawyers to go forward."
Chris Wallace Grills James Comey On Horowitz Report, FISA Abuse: "You Make It Sound Like You Were A Bystander"

Non-credible....

Both you and Comey.
No.

first you said Comey admitted that he lied.

now you’ve changed your story

the only things you’ve trashed were your arteries and bed springs

Non-credible....

Both you and Comey.
No.

Non-credible....

Comey lied.

Non-credible....

Both you and Comey.
No.

He's almost as much a liar as you are.

“I was overconfident in the procedures that the FBI and Justice had built over 20 years. I thought they were robust enough. It’s incredibly hard to get a FISA,” he said.
https://nypost.com/2019/12/15/comey-i-was-wrong-to-rely-on-fisa-process-to-monitor-carter-page/

“Over the entire 33-year period, the FISA court granted 33,942 warrants, with only 12 denials – a rejection rate of 0.03 percent of the total requests.” Evan, Perez (June 9, 2013). "Secret Court's Oversight Gets Scrutiny". The Wall Street Journal.

Well, it is even worse than I had feared.

The FBI had as many as EIGHT people spying on the Trump campaign.

Revealed: FBI Had Multiple Informants on Trump Campaign

While the FBI may not have officially tasked sources to report on the Trump campaign, it did accept information from sources who volunteered to provide the details, the IG report relates. Also an FBI agent contacted a source to “obtain insight” into the incoming Trump administration and another source provided information on Trump campaign officials. Another source was documented as being scheduled to obtain a briefing with Trump and it wasn’t clear whether that source reported back with any information.

The section of the report about the sources has not received significant news media attention.

The largely overlooked revelations raise major questions about the longstanding claim that the FBI did not spy on the Trump campaign, showing the extent to which the agency run by James Comey maintained a bevy of informants within Trump’ orbit. This in addition to obtaining successive warrants to spy on Carter Page, the energy consultant who temporarily served as a tangential Trump campaign adviser.

A section on page 336 of the extensive report reveals the IG’s team learned during its review that the FBI maintained Confidential Human Sources (CHS’s) who had “either a connection to candidate Trump or a role in the Trump campaign.” CHS’s are utilized by the FBI to gather information on a target.

One source was described as holding a position that was redacted from the public version of the report and another source was documented whose details were also redacted.

One of these sources surrounding Trump is described as voluntarily bringing the FBI vast sums of information and documentation that the source was not officially tasked with providing. The Handling Agent for that source, described in this article as Source #1, told the IG that this source regularly provides “a ton of information on all sorts of things” to the FBI without being tasked to do so. Source #1 also brings “reams of information” to into meetings with the handling agent.

In March 2017, Source #1 voluntarily provided his/her Handling Agent with five sets of documents on a series of topics. The Handling Agent said that Source #1 provided documents and information because he/she “thought it was of interest to the U.S. government.”​

It is way past time to end the FISA court system and to break up the FBI into manageable chunks so it can be more carefully given oversight.

Well, it is even worse than I had feared.

The FBI had as many as EIGHT people spying on the Trump campaign.

Revealed: FBI Had Multiple Informants on Trump Campaign

While the FBI may not have officially tasked sources to report on the Trump campaign, it did accept information from sources who volunteered to provide the details, the IG report relates. Also an FBI agent contacted a source to “obtain insight” into the incoming Trump administration and another source provided information on Trump campaign officials. Another source was documented as being scheduled to obtain a briefing with Trump and it wasn’t clear whether that source reported back with any information.

The section of the report about the sources has not received significant news media attention.

The largely overlooked revelations raise major questions about the longstanding claim that the FBI did not spy on the Trump campaign, showing the extent to which the agency run by James Comey maintained a bevy of informants within Trump’ orbit. This in addition to obtaining successive warrants to spy on Carter Page, the energy consultant who temporarily served as a tangential Trump campaign adviser.

A section on page 336 of the extensive report reveals the IG’s team learned during its review that the FBI maintained Confidential Human Sources (CHS’s) who had “either a connection to candidate Trump or a role in the Trump campaign.” CHS’s are utilized by the FBI to gather information on a target.

One source was described as holding a position that was redacted from the public version of the report and another source was documented whose details were also redacted.

One of these sources surrounding Trump is described as voluntarily bringing the FBI vast sums of information and documentation that the source was not officially tasked with providing. The Handling Agent for that source, described in this article as Source #1, told the IG that this source regularly provides “a ton of information on all sorts of things” to the FBI without being tasked to do so. Source #1 also brings “reams of information” to into meetings with the handling agent.

In March 2017, Source #1 voluntarily provided his/her Handling Agent with five sets of documents on a series of topics. The Handling Agent said that Source #1 provided documents and information because he/she “thought it was of interest to the U.S. government.”​

It is way past time to end the FISA court system and to break up the FBI into manageable chunks so it can be more carefully given oversight.
No surprise at all.

Forum List

Back