A historic moment that occurred 30 years ago we will never witness again

LA RAM FAN

Diamond Member
Mar 1, 2008
With this virus,I been watching old baseball playoff and World Series games from the past in a day and age when the game was not corrupt as it is now and I am now watching the 1990 playoff game in the national league between the Reds and Pirates,two small market teams square off against each other in the final four.Well never see that matchup again,at least not for the NL championship game.back in those good old days before 1994 when the criminal union came in,every team back then had as much a chance as anybody to go to the World Series which that year also had two small markets teams playing each other as well,the reds and the A”s.

this year with the short season,the A’s have as much chance to get there as anybody,they havebeen winning most their games andhave the best record in the American League last I checked, any true baseball fan,unless you hate them personally for some strange reason,will be cheering them on.GO A’s

I can’t get too excited though sense the big market yankees have the second best record in the Al and baseball is different than football and basketballl where homefield is a factor,baseball it really isn’t that much.

the thing I found amusing about it all was I forget Bonds
played for the pirates when he first came into the league,you look at him back then and what he looked like when he was with giants in the World Series in 2002,they are two different people,one is a skinny runt with the pirates and has a much smaller head.lol comedy gold

speaking of big market teams,I can understand bonds leaving the pirates and going to San Fran the fact his dad played there and he grew up there,but had the roles been reversed and his dad played for Pittsburgh and he grew up there,we all know he never wouldhave left big market San Fran to go play for hometown small market Pittsburgh.lol let’s not kid ourselves now.lol

Last edited:
The Democrats can create only so much blame. They just want power and extorted wealth from all their lies. At least in our lives, hard work made a lot of people have the American dream. Dems want that taken away from common people. Taking away ball games and sports hurts everyone.

With this virus,I been watching old baseball playoff and World Series games from the past in a day and age when the game was not corrupt as it is now and I am now watching the 1990 playoff game in the national league between the Reds and Pirates,two small market teams square off against each other in the final four.Well never see that matchup again,at least not for the NL championship game.back in those good old days before 1994 when the criminal union came in,every team back then had as much a chance as anybody to go to the World Series which that year also had two small markets teams playing each other as well,the reds and the A”s.

this year with the short season,the A’s have as much chance to get there as anybody,they havebeen winning most their games andhave the best record in the American League last I checked, any true baseball fan,unless you hate them personally for some strange reason,will be cheering them on.GO A’s

I can’t get too excited though sense the big market yankees have the second best record in the Al and baseball is different than football and basketballl where homefield is a factor,baseball it really isn’t that much.

played for the pirates when he first came into the league,you look at him back then and what he looked like when he was with giants in the World Series in 2002,they are two different people,one is a skinny runt with the pirates and has a much smaller head.lol comedy gold

speaking of big market teams,I can understand bonds leaving the pirates and going to San Fran the fact his dad played there and he grew up there,but had the roles been reversed and his dad played for Pittsburgh and he grew up there,we all know he never wouldhave left big market San Fran to go play for hometown small market Pittsburgh.lol let’s not kid ourselves now.lol
Nice post, thank you.

Nice post, thank you.
Were you aware of how Bonds was a skinny runt back then and had a much smaller head? Lol

oh and remember,be cheering for the A’s from the American League this year.

Nice post, thank you.
Were you aware of how Bonds was a skinny runt back then and had a much smaller head? Lol

Yep, Bonds didn't look like the same person he had been early in his career vs. his last 7 or 8 seasons. The steroids did a number on him.

Nice post, thank you.

Yep, Bonds didn't look like the same person he had been early in his career vs. his last 7 or 8 seasons. The steroids did a number on him.
Oh I just checked the American League standings and the twins another small market team in the AL has about the same record as Oakland so let’s keep our fingers crossed they face each other in the ALCS series,that would be exciting to see two teams that normally don’t have a prayer competing year after yearbook go to the series, go against each other,square off against each other for the right to go the the World Series,that would be so awesome to see remnant me of that historic time thirty years ago of the reds and pirates squaring off to do the same,let’s hope,I’ll be happy to see either one of those teams to be in the World Series.

The good ole days were not always as good as we remember.

Late 40s to early 60s the Yanks won just about every year. Usually against the Dodgers or Cards. There were rich teams and poor teams and the rich teams usually bought the best players off the small teams so they could make payroll.

Yanks and Dodgers still have the highest payroll but haven’t won a championship in years. Yankees 11 years, Dodgers 32 years.

The sports empire system needs to be collapsed with salaries and TV contracts at a much lower level. Then things will return to a sensible way.

Nice post, thank you.

You know it was the same with Mark McGuire as well,when he first came into the majors with the Oakland Al”s,he also was a skinny runt and did not have the massive forearms he had the year he was doing raids with Sosa.i wonder why Sosa and McGuire did not get large heads as well and I don’t remember if Sammy was skinny when he first came into the league either,probably was I’m sure.

Forum List

Back