A good dinner idea

-Cp

Sep 23, 2004
Earth
We had this tonight...

Flanksteak that was wrapped up with Portobello Mushroom and Bacon bits - salt and pepper it.. grill it to medium rare..

Wash it down with a nice <a href="http://www.andrewwill.com/" target=_blank">Andrew Will Cab</a> and you have a perfect match...

-Cp said:
We had this tonight...

Flanksteak that was wrapped up with Portobello Mushroom and Bacon bits - salt and pepper it.. grill it to medium rare..

Wash it down with a nice <a href="http://www.andrewwill.com/" target=_blank">Andrew Will Cab</a> and you have a perfect match...

must get out my tenderizing hammer though... and use lotsa garlic salt! and wash it down with a Millers or Corona Light

archangel said:
must get out my tenderizing hammer though... and use lotsa garlic salt! and wash it down with a Millers or Corona Light

No need for a hammer - just be sure and cut the steak across the grain.

Mr. P said:
Flanksteak is like leather no matter how ya cut it, who ya kiddin, not Mr. P.
Now a good marinade will make a difference. ;)

I doubt I've ever eaten a hammered flanksteak. Then again, I don't remember ever eating a flank steak which wasn't marinated. :)

dmp said:
I doubt I've ever eaten a hammered flanksteak. Then again, I don't remember ever eating a flank steak which wasn't marinated. :)
Never had one hammered either...well, cept for swiss steak, some use flank for that and it gets hammered.

Mr. P said:
Never had one hammered either...well, cept for swiss steak, some use flank for that and it gets hammered.

marinade overnight with some honey, vinegar, soysauce and ginger
Grill
MMMMMMMM

Mr. P said:
Flanksteak is like leather no matter how ya cut it, who ya kiddin, not Mr. P.
Now a good marinade will make a difference. ;)

Actually... if your flank is tough, then you're either cutting it with the grain or cooking it too long or both....

We cook Flank's frequently with no marinade and they turn out great...

-Cp said:
Actually... if your flank is tough, then you're either cutting it with the grain or cooking it too long or both....
It's not me cutting with the grain or over cooking..It's common knowledge
flank is tough without marinade. Maybe it's not flank you're eating. :D

Degree of Tenderness

The primal cuts listed below are
ranked according to their tenderness,
with 1 representing the most tender
and 5 representing the toughest.

Primal Cut Degree of Tenderness
Short Loin 1
Rib 2
Sirloin 2
Chuck 3