A Good Definition of Treason

Adam's Apple

Apr 25, 2004
This is a long article - might want to print out to read at your leisure.

When Congress Commits Treason
By Raymond S. Kraft, New Media Journal
February 5, 2007

When an American political party aligns itself with the goals, hopes, and ambitions of America's enemies in a time of war, in my view there is only one word for it - Treason.

Today, most of the "leading Democrats" in Congress are falling all over themselves to give aid, comfort, and hope, to the Jihad, the Islamic Resistance Movement, the Islamist movement for the decline and fall of Western Civilization and the ascendance of Jihadist Islam in Iraq and around the world. Ted Kennedy, Hillary Clinton, Harry Reid, and many of the rest give their assurance that with Democrats in power, America will retreat, embrace defeat, and surrender, selling their souls and their country down the river for primary votes and and trucks of money from the Pacifist Left. Here, the ignominious spectacle of Democrats selling out the future freedom of the Iraqi people for votes and dollars. Osama bin Laden once called America "a paper tiger." America's Democrats seem determined to prove him right.

For full article:
http://www.newmediajournal.us/staff/kraft/02052007.htm

Personally I would make the case that JFKerry is guilty of treason. However, congress isn't.

Stupid? Yeah
Corrupt? Yeah
Traitors? Only the junior senator from Mass IMO.

When they work to support the goals of the enemy against their own country, as they're doing on the WOT, that's treason.

Sad that you consider the truth garbage.

They are giving the terrorists aid and comfort by undermining the troops. How is that not treason?

discussing the wisdom of this administration's foreign policy is NOT undermining the troops. Here is the deal: even if the congress voted to stop all funding for the Iraq war, that vote would not "undermine the troops" in any way. It might stop their current mission, but rest assured, none of them would need their folks to send them bus fare to get home from Iraq...none of them would run out of ammunition while still in the killing zone...none of them would go hungry while still in Iraq. The only thing that is "undermined" by discussions about the war in Iraq is this administration's continued inept prosecution of this stupid war.

Calling those who disagree with the administration TRAITORS has a very Nazi-esque feel to it.

“Why of course the people don’t want war. Why should some poor slob on a farm want to risk his life in a war when the best he can get out of it is to come back to his farm in one piece? Naturally, the common people don’t want war: neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But after all it is the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship…Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is to tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.”
Hermann Goering

discussing the wisdom of this administration's foreign policy is NOT undermining the troops. Here is the deal: even if the congress voted to stop all funding for the Iraq war, that vote would not "undermine the troops" in any way. It might stop their current mission, but rest assured, none of them would need their folks to send them bus fare to get home from Iraq...none of them would run out of ammunition while still in the killing zone...none of them would go hungry while still in Iraq. The only thing that is "undermined" by discussions about the war in Iraq is this administration's continued inept prosecution of this stupid war.

Calling those who disagree with the administration TRAITORS has a very Nazi-esque feel to it.

“Why of course the people don’t want war. Why should some poor slob on a farm want to risk his life in a war when the best he can get out of it is to come back to his farm in one piece? Naturally, the common people don’t want war: neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But after all it is the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship…Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is to tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.”
Hermann Goering

So we're not really being attacked?

when I think of the men, money, material, goodwill and TIME that we have flushed down the toilet in Iraq...when I think of how much more wisely all of that could have been utilized to actually take steps towards fighting islamic extremists and making America safer instead of moving us in the opposite direction, it makes me wanna puke.

when I think of the men, money, material, goodwill and TIME that we have flushed down the toilet in Iraq...when I think of how much more wisely all of that could have been utilized to actually take steps towards fighting islamic extremists and making America safer instead of moving us in the opposite direction, it makes me wanna puke.
Tell us then, oh center of knowledge, how you would fight the war on terror. :cool:

Tell us then, oh center of knowledge, how you would fight the war on terror. :cool:

I don't respond all that well to personally biting sarcasm.... so I will just say that I would NOT fight it by wasting men money material and time in the middle of a civil war in the middle of a country that had nothing to do with attacking us and one that was ruled by a secular baathist who was doing a better job than we have done in keeping islamic extremists out of his country, keeping sunnis and shiites from slaughtering one another, and keeping a lid on Iranian hegemony. Suffice it to say that there are a myriad of strategic options available to fight the forces that attacked us.

Isn't it amazing how there are so many "other" options Bush could go. Yet we never actually hear one. :rofl:

The Dems are good at cutting and running only; they are not good at coming up with solutions to terrorism. Bill Clinton just avoided the problem and left it for his successor to deal with. If they get back in the White House in 2008, the WOT will be a continuation of what we had when Clinton occupied the White House: more killing of Americans abroad, more destruction of American property, and more attacks on American soil. You can count on it. It's money in the bank.

Forum List

Back