A good argument for a living wage.

no amount of harassment or bullying will get me to inject a foreign substance in my body. Now you're talking like a true NAZI.

Nazi Alert!!!!!!
Really?
Good for you, IF you end up in the ICU, you can tell them that, hopefully they will give you a one way ticket to the parking lot.
You don't want to be around those NAZI's anyway.

Really?
Good for you, IF you end up in the ICU, you can tell them that, hopefully they will give you a one way ticket to the parking lot.
You don't want to be around those NAZI's anyway.
see how many nurses, doctors, military are with me? hahahahahhahaahahahaha

I will never understand why conservatives believe it's just fine for those at the top to make millions and pay very little if not zero taxes on it but conservatives believe that it's very wrong for everyone else to earn a living wage.
That's because those two things are unrelated and you're too indoctrinated and/or stupid to realize it.

I will never understand why conservatives believe it's just fine for those at the top to make millions and pay very little if not zero taxes on it but conservatives believe that it's very wrong for everyone else to earn a living wage.

If those at the top can make more money than god, everyone else should be able to earn a living wage.

No matter what the job is.
how do you know how much anyone makes or pays in taxes except yourself?

'But what if I dont want a job or fly to anywhere'???
Then don't I asked if you wanted.

'I havent shown or wrote down my SS# for more than 30 yrs and worked every year,,,'
But you do have one.

'youre OK with authoritarian governments as long as its your party in charge'

But it's your party dictating to cities, counties, schools, restaurants and stores what they can't do.
Both parties dictate to cities, counties, schools, restaurants and stores what they can and can't do. The whole idea that one party is less intrusive than the other is just plain stupid. Both are intrusive.

Yep, it's always a moving target....because they know once they define it......they'll get destroyed
The problem is their delusion that the value of work can be set by state decree. That doesn't work. The value of labor (of anything) is set by all of us - via the market, a far more honest and reliable mechanism than government fiat. The actual value that society places on burger-flipping won't change because a bureaucrat slaps a different price tag on it. If society doesn't think burger flipping warrants a "living wage" that's how it will shake out, regardless of state decrees to the contrary.

The problem is their delusion that the value of work can be set by state decree. That doesn't work. The value of labor (of anything) is set by all of us - via the market, a far more honest and reliable mechanism than government fiat. The actual value that society places on burger-flipping won't change because a bureaucrat slaps a different price tag on it. If society doesn't think burger flipping warrants a "living wage" that's how it will shake out, regardless of state decrees to the contrary.
No I agree, these people don't understand what a job is and why they exist.....it's really basic stuff.......they think a job is some government program....it's hard to debate with that level of stupid

Many people want to be serfs, want to be owned and cared for by an unquestioned authority.
True, freedom is too hard for the lazy and stupid........they would rather be told what to do, to these losers, they probably want arranged marriages, because courting a potential spouse is way too hard for them.....better to have mommy and daddy find me a bride.

Many people want to be serfs, want to be owned and cared for by an unquestioned authority.
I think that's true regardless of minimum wage. But when the State already provides no cost (-: health care for entry level service jobs, and proposes "free" community college .... I don't see the "living wage" issue. I can see why we set a minimum level to hourly wages, but employers are already having to pay more than that, and govt benefits increase.

Forum List

Back