A convicted felon can run for president but they are not allowed to vote

It’s one of the most preposterous things in American politics that a CONVICTED FELON can hold the NUCLEAR CODES and therefore has the potential to cause mass destruction and death but he can’t vote.

If the people want to elect a convicted felon like the Unabomber or Soros to office, who are we to say they shouldn't be allowed to?

But the problem is in electoral integrity. If such an individual were elected, the election needs to be on the up and up. Nowadays, a large number of Americans have no confidence that elections are legit, as the manufacturers refuse to address the questions. Maybe they are legit, but they should be happy to be transparent.
the leftists idiots did elect a felon for office--they are ok with ''''''THIS"""" felon--but not someone who has never committed a crime = Mr Trump
AND--AND--his son died of DRUGS!!!!! and he was messing around--ok for HIM, but not Mr Trump = they are hypocrites and racists

Excuse me! What crime has anyone been convicted for who holds any office in either party?
hhahahhahhahahhahahahhahahaha
Marion Barry held office as mayor

It’s one of the most preposterous things in American politics that a CONVICTED FELON can hold the NUCLEAR CODES and therefore has the potential to cause mass destruction and death but he can’t vote.
They shouldn't be allowed to hold office either....

But then again, since the libs are so corrupt and have been abusing law enforcement, falsifying testimony, and manufacturing fake evidence on trumped up charges, taking away one's right to even run if convicted or harassed into copping on these fake charges would be the inevitable result if we outlawed felons from running for office...but then again that could be your goal.
So you would be okay with CHARLES MANSION being president from prison if he were still alive?
At what point are you willing to put AMERICA FIRST?
do you mean Charles Manson?

But then again, since the libs are so corrupt and have been abusing law enforcement, falsifying testimony, and manufacturing fake evidence on trumped up charges, taking away one's right to even run if convicted or harassed into copping on these fake charges would be the inevitable result if we outlawed felons from running for office...but then again that could be your goal.
So you would be okay with CHARLES MANSION being president from prison if he were still alive?
..I let spelling errors go all the time...but yours is not a spelling error

You're uninformed. I am a convicted felon and I legally vote.

Might you be a leftist?
Here in Ohio convicted felons can vote as long as they are not currently incarcerated on a felony conviction.

People who are incarcerated on a misdemeanor charge can vote via absentee ballot.

do you mean Charles Manson?
Yes thank you . How do you edit once you’ve posted your comment

Why not, look at the criminal in their now.

As long as their fines are paid and the case is closed then they should be able to vote.
We are able to vote. The thread is major misinformation
I’ve said that . My statement goes to incarcerated felons not felons released . Many states have different restrictions. Some require parole to be satisfied before restoring voting rights.

But people still incarcerated can’t vote yet people incarcerated can run for Congress or the presidency . A person who has been adjudicate by a jury of his or her peers , that adjudication requires their freedom to be taken away , well why would that person be acceptable to have the NUCLEAR CODES. Would you think Charles Manson a good candidate to have the NUCLEAR CODES if he were still alive ?

Seems like an oversight by our founding fathers to me.
So you can't vote as a convicted felon, but you can hold the nuke codes?
Wow, I did not know this!

Thank you: you understand my point. I was beginning to think I was somehow talking in a foreign language.

And so my follow up to that point was. We’ve amended our constitution to include WOMEN’S suffrage for instance. This was a good reason as we all should have the right to vote.

so shouldn’t Americans consider a constitutional amendment to bar a felon who hasn’t finished serving his or her time from running for office?
Think about what some one in prison who belongs to criminal gang could do with the power of the presidency.
First thing he would do is pardon himself and his gang members. It’s the stupidest loophole there is . It’s purely accidental that no one has capitalized on it.

Seems like an oversight by our founding fathers to me.
So you can't vote as a convicted felon, but you can hold the nuke codes?
Wow, I did not know this!

Thank you: you understand my point. I was beginning to think I was somehow talking in a foreign language.

And so my follow up to that point was. We’ve amended our constitution to include WOMEN’S suffrage for instance. This was a good reason as we all should have the right to vote.

so shouldn’t Americans consider a constitutional amendment to bar a felon who hasn’t finished serving his or her time from running for office?
Think about what some one in prison who belongs to criminal gang could do with the power of the presidency.
First thing he would do is pardon himself and his gang members. It’s the stupidest loophole there is . It’s purely accidental that no one has capitalized on it.

So theoretically, Donald Trump could run in 2024 from prison, or theoretically hold the office from prison?
That's Kray-Kray :cuckoo:

4m6yz8.jpg

As long as their fines are paid and the case is closed then they should be able to vote.
We are able to vote. The thread is major misinformation
I’ve said that . My statement goes to incarcerated felons not felons released . Many states have different restrictions. Some require parole to be satisfied before restoring voting rights.

But people still incarcerated can’t vote yet people incarcerated can run for Congress or the presidency . A person who has been adjudicate by a jury of his or her peers , that adjudication requires their freedom to be taken away , well why would that person be acceptable to have the NUCLEAR CODES. Would you think Charles Manson a good candidate to have the NUCLEAR CODES if he were still alive ?
Why on earth would you think the public would elect someone who's in prison? The premise of this thread is beyond dumb

Think about what he might do with the power of the presidency. His first action would likely be to PARDON HIMSELF AND HIS GANG MEMBERS.

If anyone knows some reason why the above scenario wouldn’t work, please explain it to me.

we need a CONSTITUTIONAL AMENDMENT to close this loophole .

Think about what he might do with the power of the presidency. His first action would likely be to PARDON HIMSELF AND HIS GANG MEMBERS.

If anyone knows some reason why the above scenario wouldn’t work, please explain it to me.

Uhhhh....aren't most gang members felons and drug-users?

I know the "drug-user" part didn't stop Bill Clinton and Barack Obama, but that "felon" part might be a no-no.

I know the "drug-user" part didn't stop Bill Clinton and Barack Obama, but that "felon" part might be a no-no.
Unfortunately it isn't. A felon can run for elected office and even serve while in prison. It is up to congress and the senate to make these rules. Can A Felon Run For President? - The Freeman Online

Let's get Donald imprisoned so that we can test this theory.

Far more of a chance of you ending up in the ass-pound prison.

I'm just sayin'. But then, you'd probably enjoy all that, wouldn't you?

Far more of a chance of you ending up in the ass-pound prison.

I'm just sayin'. But then, you'd probably enjoy all that, wouldn't you?
Been there. No one pounded my ass. But I might enjoy choking you to death. Maybe I could pick up some good cheese while I'm there.

You're uninformed. I am a convicted felon and I legally vote.

Might you be a leftist?
Here in Ohio convicted felons can vote as long as they are not currently incarcerated on a felony conviction.

People who are incarcerated on a misdemeanor charge can vote via absentee ballot.
But do you understand that an inmate gang member doing life can run for president. If by some fluke he wins , he can pardon himself and other gang members . More importantly he has the nuclear codes.
I am most likely wrong about this, I hope. But if I’m not this is a serious NATIONAL SECURITY ISSUE.
I know there are brilliant minds who are more aware of these issues than I but what if this is something that no one ever thought of. Shouldn’t the process of amending the constitution be considered?

Forum List

Back