A Full, 4-year scholarship, but not if you're white

task0778

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2017
Texas hill country
For every Jazz win during the 2020-21 season, the Utah Jazz are providing a full, four-year scholarship to an underrepresented student of color enrolling as a freshman for the 2021-22 school year.

This shouldn't be legal. It's definitely not right, it used to be wrong to discriminate against somebody based on the color of their skin. Now it all depends on what color your skin is. Still not right. I don't know if this is going to backfire on the Jazz, Utah is a very white state, or so I thought. But I am God-awful tired of all the virtue-signaling bullshit that is going on these days. And it's almost like saying "blacks are too stupid to earn a scholarship the hard way".

It's a private scholarship, so they can set the terms, and it's also nothing different than what's existed for decades. The United Negro College Fund? I had a friend in high school who got an Italian-American scholarship. You had to be of Italian ancestry to apply. There are all kinds of these scholarships out there.

1. Person of color (Asian or Pacific Islander; Black or African American; Hispanic or Latinx; or Native American or Alaskan Native)

I wonder what would happen if a predominantly white private college offered a scholarship.....afforded ONLY to white students ???

There are national radio broadcasts called "The Black Information Network"

What would happen if someone dared create a radio network called "The WHITE Information Network" ??

Both would be shut down in a raging ball of fiery protests within hours.

Easy now...I side with Conservatives, I vote with Conservatives BUT they are the most nutless, spinless, big mouth pieces of shit that ever were. Come on man...they didn’t have the balls to keep heterosexual white Christians cool in a nation founded, built, run and funded by heterosexual white Christians. The Left has owned their sackless asses for decades....Sad but true.

Last edited:
It's a private scholarship, so they can set the terms, and it's also nothing different than what's existed for decades. The United Negro College Fund? I had a friend in high school who got an Italian-American scholarship. You had to be of Italian ancestry to apply. There are all kinds of these scholarships out there.

What about those who identify as a PoC?

And when I won the Sons of Italy scholarship in 8th grade I was only 1/2 Italian, and the girl who won as well was full Irish.

It wasn't limited to Ethnicity.

For every Jazz win during the 2020-21 season, the Utah Jazz are providing a full, four-year scholarship to an underrepresented student of color enrolling as a freshman for the 2021-22 school year.

This shouldn't be legal. It's definitely not right, it used to be wrong to discriminate against somebody based on the color of their skin. Now it all depends on what color your skin is. Still not right. I don't know if this is going to backfire on the Jazz, Utah is a very white state, or so I thought. But I am God-awful tired of all the virtue-signaling bullshit that is going on these days. And it's almost like saying "blacks are too stupid to earn a scholarship the hard way".

My blue-eyed, blonde granddaughter just got an early acceptance full ride scholarship to Fordham.

Well... it appears a few bubble heads in this thread think racism is OK, so long as it's private.

Last edited:

Its private. Who cares if they want to act like jackasses?

Yeah, you guys are right of course. But the public accommodation thing, the Jazz are a business organization that serves the public, all of it, right? And they received some state and local taxpayer money to finance the arena they play in, right? I dunno, it just doesn't sit right with me; the UNCF is a non-profit, isn't it? With a defined goal that everyone knows about. But the NBA/Utah Jazz seems like a different situation that ought not to discriminate, and that IS what they're doing.

Why is it okay for the Jazz to do this, but a Colorado baker can't refuse to decorate a wedding cake for a gay couple? Yeah, it' a different situation but it feels like we're playing a little too fast and loose with discrimination that is allowed vs discrimination that isn't.

Okay, 2 different states with maybe 2 different statutes regarding discrimination and what is allowed and what isn't. I support federalism and leaving as much as possible in the way of discrimination law at the state and local level, BUT I do not like double standards.

It's a private scholarship foundation and therefore not really any of my concern or business.

Good,
So you'll keep your mouth shut when eventually the tables turn again and whites are offering tables to "Whites Only" in their PRIVATE businesses.

Good to know

Sure will. I don't care about what private organizations do, save the few I belong to.

Its private. Who cares if they want to act like jackasses?

Yeah, you guys are right of course. But the public accommodation thing, the Jazz are a business organization that serves the public, all of it, right? And they received some state and local taxpayer money to finance the arena they play in, right? I dunno, it just doesn't sit right with me; the UNCF is a non-profit, isn't it? With a defined goal that everyone knows about. But the NBA/Utah Jazz seems like a different situation that ought not to discriminate, and that IS what they're doing.

Why is it okay for the Jazz to do this, but a Colorado baker can't refuse to decorate a wedding cake for a gay couple? Yeah, it' a different situation but it feels like we're playing a little too fast and loose with discrimination that is allowed vs discrimination that isn't.

Okay, 2 different states with maybe 2 different statutes regarding discrimination and what is allowed and what isn't. I support federalism and leaving as much as possible in the way of discrimination law at the state and local level, BUT I do not like double standards.
It's the democrat hypocritical double standard... again... obvious as hell.

And now they all play stupid like they don't see it.

Neither was "affirmative action" and "EEO" but white boy was refused jobs based on his color (white) and his package (dingus) regardless his qualifications. I dealt with it from 1972 on, until I said screw this and went self employed the rest of my work years.

Forum List

Back