A Former Bush Supporter, Not Voting GOP

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
Harsh, but I can relate. I disagree about the alternative, but I can understand. There are links:

http://www.dailypundit.com/2006/10/the_list_formerly_see_no_evil.php

The List (Formerly See No Evil, Hear No Evil, Speak No Evil....)

It's become more and more obvious that Republican apologists are going to be able to get away with blaming the upcoming "stunning" defeat on the Foley "scandal," rather than the fact that large chunks of its base and other normally dependable voters are going to stay home in disgust over the several years of:

Wild-eyed pork, earmarks, and increasing government size and power.

intentions to put Gonzales and Miers on the Supreme Court.

Failure to engage the strongest enemies of the US, in particular Iran.

Horrible mismanagement of the Iraq occupation.

Passing and signing the Campaign Finance Reform act.

The new trillion dollar entitlement program for Prescription Drugs.

The gigantic Katrina rathole.

The education bill.

Reneging on structural party promises about smaller, less intrusive government.

Accomodation of Kofi Annan and the biggest financial scandal in history.

An absolute failure to grapple with illegal immigration and open borders, with only the policy of amnesty and and increase of tens of millions of "legal" immigrants over the next two decades offered as a "solution."

Unarmed airline pilots.

Agreeing to sign the Assault Weapons Bill.

Needlessly intrusive "security" at airports.

A refusal to sensibly profile for terrorists.

The Ports Dubai fiasco in which critical parts of American ports are still owned by a foreign Islamic nation.

Making a general botch of our and Israel's efforts in the middle east.

A policy that will permit the world's most dangerous nations to threaten us with the world's most dangerous weapons.

Far too close and suspicious relationship between the families of our President and the Royal Family of Saudi Arabia, which has led to dangerous security breaches like permitting the huge Saudi private "charity' network to continue to function in the US and fund Wahabbi mosques and schools where hatred of America forms the heart of the curriculum, and allowed free passage of 15,000 Saudi "students" into our colleges and universities.

A general and comprehensive betrayal of just about every fundamental precept espoused by the Republican Party over the past fifty years.

Islam, the Religion of Peace (tm).

No, of course, none of that has anything with my decision to refuse to vote for any Republicans this fall. It must that terrible Foley scandal.

Sure. And for that, if nothing else, I despise this Democrat organized and planned "October Surprise." Because it will give the Republicans yet another excuse to avoid blaming their own egregious failures (among which I most emphatically do not include Congressman Foley) for their upcoming loss of both the House and the Senate.

Posted by Bill Quick on October 7, 2006 02:26 PM

And the Dems are going to do exactly WHAT about these issues?

I don't disagree, which is why I'm voting Nov. 7th. However, when was the last time on any thread, we had a dem say, "I'm disappointed that my party has failed to put forward anything positive they will do, outside of anything but Bush?"

I'm not of the mindset that we should ignore what is wrong with our 'leaders', but until there is a better alternative, I'll stick with the devil I know.

I don't disagree, which is why I'm voting Nov. 7th. However, when was the last time on any thread, we had a dem say, "I'm disappointed that my party has failed to put forward anything positive they will do, outside of anything but Bush?"

I'm not of the mindset that we should ignore what is wrong with our 'leaders', but until there is a better alternative, I'll stick with the devil I know.

Just get ready. This is EXACTLY how Clinton backdoored his way into office. Disgruntled Republicans don't vote blinding for whoever has a "R" behind their names as Dems do when they see the "D". All we need now is another "Ross Perot."

Just get ready. This is EXACTLY how Clinton backdoored his way into office. Disgruntled Republicans don't vote blinding for whoever has a "R" behind their names as Dems do when they see the "D". All we need now is another "Ross Perot."

Then the GOP should wake up and get with it. In IL, over 5% are polling voting Green for governor, thus the makings are ripe for a 3rd party.

Clinton would never have reached office without Perot. There is no Perot out there now. Who would even get that type of draw with just an announcement?

Then the GOP should wake up and get with it. In IL, over 5% are polling voting Green for governor, thus the makings are ripe for a 3rd party.

The problem with that "third party" thinking in 1992 is it split the Republicans, not the Dems. The climate seems about the same now. People want "change," but in their haste, they don't look at what "change" entails.

The Democrats aren't offering anything. On any given topic conservatives may be disgruntled over, what better plan have the Dems come up with? Joining in the criticizing isn't exactly my idea of a "better plan."

I'm dissappointed that the dems will not openly support reform of marijuana laws. If they did, then I'm sure they can draw out a larger number of young voters.

Harsh, but I can relate. I disagree about the alternative, but I can understand. There are links:

I strongly agree, Kathianne - which is why I'll be out there on the 7th, as well. The Democrats (and, incidentally, the neocons) are - as usual - ten million miles off base.

Senate Republicans, behaving like weasels - another Bush, behaving like an elitist, globalist, fuck-America Bush - homosexuals, behaving like self-absorbed reprobates - Democrats, hating this country, lying with every breath, living by the politics of personal destruction, cut-and-run cowardice, and class envy; in short, behaving like Democrats - none of this human offal has surprised me in the least.

The Republican House - alone - has displayed an acceptable degree of courage and integrity amongst the otherwise uninterrupted flow of sewage that is Washington politics. They've earned my support, and they shall have it.

I'm dissappointed that the dems will not openly support reform of marijuana laws. If they did, then I'm sure they can draw out a larger number of young voters.

Maybe some people really shouldn't vote eh? Do me a favor, get stoned this day to the point where you can't even move and don't vote. It'll do us all some good.

You shouldn't be into politics if marijuana is you're only reason for voting, that's just pathetic.:thumbdown:

I understand why people are upset, i just cant figure out how the heck they think not voting is going to punish the politicians and not the people. It just makes no sense! "Oh they are only giving me 50% of what I want so Ill show them by making sure i help elect the guys that will give me 0%". its freaking stupid.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Kathianne again.

Truer words never spoken. Does contempt for the electorate so permeate Washington that neocons - like Democrats - lose all contact with reality - all respect for their constituencies? Forget anachronisms like altruism and duty - have they forgotten how to FEAR FOR THEIR JOBS??!!

I understand why people are upset, i just cant figure out how the heck they think not voting is going to punish the politicians and not the people. It just makes no sense! "Oh they are only giving me 50% of what I want so Ill show them by making sure i help elect the guys that will give me 0%". its freaking stupid.

I couldn't agree more. Well-said.

lol very true

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Kathianne again.

Truer words never spoken. Does contempt for the electorate so permeate Washington that neocons - like Democrats - lose all contact with reality - all respect for their constituencies? Forget anachronisms like altruism and duty - have they forgotten how to FEAR FOR THEIR JOBS??!!

As I've said, I will vote mostly republican, but I'm very disenchanted where they've been going. It looks like many agree with me, probably also will 'not stay home.' If the GOP manages to hold onto both houses and amnesty is not dealt with, if the fence goes nowhere, if Iraq isn't dealt with forcefully, if Iran and the UN are not dealt with, 2008 will be a slaughter.

New Topics

Forum List

Back