A [Financial] Storm Is Coming...

chops_

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2018

financial-markets.gif

So, some investors are (somewhat) resilient when it comes to when the markets have a (very) bad day. As if a 'Financial Armageddon' just blew annihilated the global markets in less than twenty-four hours.
Like the Crash in 1987, when the markets fell 22%. Or on Sepetember 29, 2008 - when the markets fell 7%. And when the markets went on a "selling" spree between October 11 and 12th, 2018 - combining the losses of 1400 points.

Some "professional" investors and fiancial "advisors" were saying that we (average investors) are (or were) being so "anti-fragile". As if we have no clue what we should buy..or when to sell. So, intead, the market basing in "assumptions" just sold anyways. Regarding any "facts" or "having any conscious about what we have in our portfolio(s).

I have stocks in Google, Amazon and Apple. Should I be "anti-fragile" about those stocks? Yes, I know they are "tech stocks". But we are not in a Tech Bubble yet...are we? Or is the Tech Bubble ready to burst and we could see the most devastating drop in the Gobal markets we have not ever seen before?

Is the [Fianicial] coming in ... (let's say in 2019)?​

When the market does crash the people who are supposed to make money will do good

It depends on how you define "Tech Bubble". The answer would be no if you are comparing the relative valuations we saw during the dot.com burst of 2000. But valuations are very high in tech and thus so are the expectations to beat earnings and give strong guidance. If the FANG stocks and other tech leaders start consistently missing, that could be the bubble popper.

• Banned
It depends on how you define "Tech Bubble". The answer would be no if you are comparing the relative valuations we saw during the dot.com burst of 2000. But valuations are very high in tech and thus so are the expectations to beat earnings and give strong guidance. If the FANG stocks and other tech leaders start consistently missing, that could be the bubble popper.

Isn't Google, Amazon and Apple part of the "Tech Bubble"? No, I don't mean the "dot com" back in early 2000's.

When the market does crash the people who are supposed to make money will do good

Meaning?

So, we are supposed to be "anti-fragile"?

Given that over extended time periods stock market returns converge to 95% due to reinvested dividends don't buy non-dividend stocks. Another biggie is equal piles. The reason the Dow remains important is that there are also and pretty much always has been three or more piles in it. Starting with the utilities and transports plus industrials keeping those three piles equal =/- 5% has been a smart move since the 1800s. The Dow Dogs also reduces losses by a lot even in major down turns. Keeping an investment grade bond pile leads to further loss reduction. That is being anti-fragile.

Without major reform, another huge financial storm will occur at a time of the banking cartel's choosing.

So, Bank of America CitiBank, and JP Morgan (to name a few) are "too big to fail"? :th_believecrap:

Isn't Google, Amazon and Apple part of the "Tech Bubble"? No, I don't mean the "dot com" back in early 2000's.
I am convinced Amazon is way overvalued.

New Topics

Forum List

Back