A federal Judge Just Ruled Against Over 100 Houston Hospital Workers Who Will Be Fired If They Don't Get The COVID-19 Vaccine

Oooooo. The down side of the Republican “right to work” laws. How you guys like it now?
Right to work laws are about forcing people to pay money to unions.

The vaccination doesn't cost anything
It reduced the power of the employee. Employers can pretty much make you do anything. That’s the rub. Less money and employees are a corporate bitch was the result.
Correct.

‘Right to work’ laws ensure that employees have a right to low wages, a right to poor working conditions, a right to no retirement, a right to no access to affordable healthcare, and a right to layoffs and job losses for any capricious, unwarranted reason or reasons.

‘Right to work’ laws are the epitome of conservatives’ contempt for working Americans.
Funny how all kinds of non union shops provide all those things without employees being forced to pay union dues.
Seriously though, right to work states average salary is $6,000 below the remaining states. I can link it if you want but I read it a few days ago. There is an impact to the power imbalance. I bet with work from home gaining speed employees may get a little more power. I could be wrong.
People who work from home are not as productive so IMO people who work from home should be paid less not more

It's a horrible idea to make such a blanket statement.

My job has always been mostly from home. I'm a photographer. The only part of my job that I don't do from home is taking the photos.

Otherwise I'm working through the night to edit, caption and transit photos.

I'm just as productive as anyone who goes into an office, maybe even more productive.

I get on the job site around 10 am. Then work on site through the day until around 2am the next morning. Then I go home or to a hotel room to process all those thousands of photos. It takes hours and I'm usually working until at least 6:30 in the morning. Then go to bed. Then wake up to be back on the job site again at 10 am.

I don't know what other people do when they work at home but your statement doesn't apply to me and people who do the job I do.

I noticed you didn't put up any link to support your claims.
Do you work for someone else?

Or do you work for yourself?

I am speaking of employees who work for someone else.

I'm a photographer for Getty Images.

I work for Getty Images and I work for myself.

I have editors in Los Angeles and NY City.

I have up to 24 hours to process and transmit photos. When you're dealing with thousands of photos, it takes many hours.

You don't know what you're talking about.

My experience with employees tells me otherwise.

I had employees too. Other than damage to my equipment those employees worked just as hard as I do.

You need to learn how to hire workers if you're hiring people who don't work.

Have you ever considered it's YOU who has been hiring the wrong people?

Maybe if you hired the right people who actually cared about the job you would have different results.

Seems you don't know how to motivate your employees. From what I've read of your posts, I'm not surprised. Your attitude about workers is terrible. No one would want to work with someone with your attitude.

Your employees are just an extension of you and your work habits. You have hired people like you. So you have lazy workers. Just like you.

He's 51, so he probably hired people for under $6/hr and expected them to work above and beyond for their slave wages.

I was hiring people when I was 51. I paid them 20 dollars an hour.

Something I learned decades ago, you usually get what you pay for.

Oooooo. The down side of the Republican “right to work” laws. How you guys like it now?
Right to work laws are about forcing people to pay money to unions.

The vaccination doesn't cost anything
It reduced the power of the employee. Employers can pretty much make you do anything. That’s the rub. Less money and employees are a corporate bitch was the result.
Correct.

‘Right to work’ laws ensure that employees have a right to low wages, a right to poor working conditions, a right to no retirement, a right to no access to affordable healthcare, and a right to layoffs and job losses for any capricious, unwarranted reason or reasons.

‘Right to work’ laws are the epitome of conservatives’ contempt for working Americans.
Funny how all kinds of non union shops provide all those things without employees being forced to pay union dues.
Seriously though, right to work states average salary is $6,000 below the remaining states. I can link it if you want but I read it a few days ago. There is an impact to the power imbalance. I bet with work from home gaining speed employees may get a little more power. I could be wrong.
People who work from home are not as productive so IMO people who work from home should be paid less not more

It's a horrible idea to make such a blanket statement.

My job has always been mostly from home. I'm a photographer. The only part of my job that I don't do from home is taking the photos.

Otherwise I'm working through the night to edit, caption and transit photos.

I'm just as productive as anyone who goes into an office, maybe even more productive.

I get on the job site around 10 am. Then work on site through the day until around 2am the next morning. Then I go home or to a hotel room to process all those thousands of photos. It takes hours and I'm usually working until at least 6:30 in the morning. Then go to bed. Then wake up to be back on the job site again at 10 am.

I don't know what other people do when they work at home but your statement doesn't apply to me and people who do the job I do.

I noticed you didn't put up any link to support your claims.
Do you work for someone else?

Or do you work for yourself?

I am speaking of employees who work for someone else.

I'm a photographer for Getty Images.

I work for Getty Images and I work for myself.

I have editors in Los Angeles and NY City.

I have up to 24 hours to process and transmit photos. When you're dealing with thousands of photos, it takes many hours.

You don't know what you're talking about.

My experience with employees tells me otherwise.

I had employees too. Other than damage to my equipment those employees worked just as hard as I do.

You need to learn how to hire workers if you're hiring people who don't work.

Have you ever considered it's YOU who has been hiring the wrong people?

Maybe if you hired the right people who actually cared about the job you would have different results.

Seems you don't know how to motivate your employees. From what I've read of your posts, I'm not surprised. Your attitude about workers is terrible. No one would want to work with someone with your attitude.

Your employees are just an extension of you and your work habits. You have hired people like you. So you have lazy workers. Just like you.

He's 51, so he probably hired people for under $6/hr and expected them to work above and beyond for their slave wages.

I was hiring people when I was 51. I paid them 20 dollars an hour.

Something I learned decades ago, you usually get what you pay for.
And GOVERNMENT didn't have to force you to do it. See how that works?

I support the employee's right to not have the vaccine.

However Texas is a "right to work" state so an employer can fire someone for just about any reason in that state leaving the employee with nearly no recourse.

The judge ruled against the employees. I knew the judge would. I do agree with the judge on how absurd it is to compare the vaccine mandate by the employer to the holocaust and the experiments on innocent jewish people. Using that comparison is ridiculous.

They plan to appeal so it's not over.

Another win for the good guys.
Next, employers can fire women who get abortions.

With equal protection of the law for unemployment compensation in our at-will employment States for capitalism's natural rate of unemployment, we could solve simple poverty and automatically stabilize our economy and promote the general welfare in a market-friendly manner.

However Texas is a "right to work" state so an employer can fire someone for just about any reason in that state leaving the employee with nearly no recourse.

The judge ruled against the employees. I knew the judge would. I do agree with the judge on how absurd it is to compare the vaccine mandate by the employer to the holocaust and the experiments on innocent jewish people. Using that comparison is ridiculous.

Or fire women for not getting an abortion...instead of having the kid thusly making them less productive.

Or fire women for not getting an abortion...instead of having the kid thusly making them less productive.
Not a community health or safety issue, unlike our current non-fake Pandemic.

This is not hard.

Get the shot.

And then, when things go wrong, file a fat Workman's Comp claim and sue them to Jupiter and back again three times.

Employer mandates DEAD.

Not a community health or safety issue, unlike our current non-fake Pandemic.

Wrong.
If the person gets immunity by recovery or by vaccine should not matter to you or the community at all.
In fact, about the only people at risk are those over 70, so isolating those at risk is the only thing anyone should care about.
What you SHOULD care about are the people trying to hide from the virus, who keep providing new hosts, so that it can't die off.
Those who deliberately party so they quickly get recovery immunity are not the problem.
It is those hiding at home, social distancing, or wearing masks, who are the only problem.

It is not ridiculous. It is spot on. These are medical people who have been working with covid patients all along. Their opinion means more than democrat opinion.

A pandemic can change the whole legal scene as the POTUS requires if he choses. Its amazing that hospital staff refuse to have the vaccine after watching people die of covid.

It's completely irresponsible for them to introduce that disease into a hospital. If it's religion or politics they should be sacked.

For republicans who support them, remember when Cuomo returned the oldies to their homes to die. This is no different on a different carrier.

The conspiracy theories and microchip bullshit have destroyed the fabric of the health system. The government are trying to protect people but no, we don't trust those communists in the WH.
You're all bloody mad.

A pandemic can change the whole legal scene as the POTUS requires if he choses. Its amazing that hospital staff refuse to have the vaccine after watching people die of covid.

It's completely irresponsible for them to introduce that disease into a hospital. If it's religion or politics they should be sacked.

For republicans who support them, remember when Cuomo returned the oldies to their homes to die. This is no different on a different carrier.

The conspiracy theories and microchip bullshit have destroyed the fabric of the health system. The government are trying to protect people but no, we don't trust those communists in the WH.
You're all bloody mad.

I will never understand why a health care worker won't get vaccinated.

They see the virus up close and personal daily at work.

It doesn't make sense to me.

It is not ridiculous. It is spot on. These are medical people who have been working with covid patients all along. Their opinion means more than democrat opinion.
The lower level of medical knowledge, the less likely they are to want to be vaccinated.

You don’t see MDs suing hospitals about vaccine mandates.

Do the MAGA nuts understand that their vaccine misinformation is killing other MAGA nuts? Hilariously Stupid!

Do the MAGA nuts understand that their vaccine misinformation is killing other MAGA nuts? Hilariously Stupid!
More people are dying from the vaccine than the Wuhan flu. It isn't stupid, it is frightening that out of this flu is growing a national religion.

This is not hard.

Get the shot.

And then, when things go wrong, file a fat Workman's Comp claim and sue them to Jupiter and back again three times.

Employer mandates DEAD.
You don't even have to go that far. You simply make the suggestion that you will sue the fuck out of your employer by demanding that they state in writing that they are ordering you to get a specific vaccine as a condition of your employment and part of your duties as an employee.

They will fold like a cheap suitcase and take you at your word. No vaccine required.

Or, just wear this and claim discrimination:
F261A7B5-2208-4EFC-85F6-76A8C883A9F8.jpeg

You don't even have to go that far. You simply make the suggestion that you will sue the fuck out of your employer by demanding that they state in writing that they are ordering you to get a specific vaccine as a condition of your employment and part of your duties as an employee.

They will fold like a cheap suitcase and take you at your word. No vaccine required.
Any employer mandating vaccination is going to have a clearly written policy.

People can threaten to sue, but those lawsuits will fail. The only purpose of such a lawsuit is intimidation.

Forum List

Back