A failed coverup. Looky what the liars and thieves are up to!!!!!

Psychoblues

Nov 30, 2003
North Missisippi
Amazing what the courts reveal!!!!!

Why was the White House so nervous in the summer of 2003 about the CIA's reporting on alleged Iraqi attempts to buy uranium from Niger to build a nuclear bomb? That's the big question that runs through the many little details that have emerged in the perjury trial of Vice President Cheney's former top aide, Lewis "Scooter" Libby.

The trial record suggests a simple answer: The White House was worried that the CIA would reveal that it had been pressured in 2002 and early 2003 to support administration claims about Iraqi weapons of mass destruction, and that in the Niger case, the CIA had tried hard to resist this pressure. The machinations of Cheney, Libby and others were an attempt to weave an alternative narrative that blamed the CIA.

The truth began to emerge on July 11, 2003, when CIA Director George Tenet issued a public statement disclosing that the agency had tried to warn the White House off the Niger allegations. In that sense, the Libby trial is about a cover-up that failed.

The bottom line? Grenier was asked in court last week to explain the White House's 2003 machinations. Here's what he said: "I think they were trying to avoid blame for not providing (the truth) about whether or not Iraq had attempted to buy uranium." Let me say it again: This trial is about a cover-up that failed.

First prerequisite of being a Republican:

Lie, lie and lie again. Stick to your lies, I mean story, and never change it. But, but, genuine witnesses will change it for you under proper scrutiny. Thank God we have just a little of it since the November elections.

More: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/02/01/AR2007020101784.html

Psychoblues

Why was the White House so nervous in the summer of 2003 about the CIA's reporting on alleged Iraqi attempts to buy uranium from Niger to build a nuclear bomb? That's the big question that runs through the many little details that have emerged in the perjury trial of Vice President Cheney's former top aide, Lewis "Scooter" Libby.

The trial record suggests a simple answer: The White House was worried that the CIA would reveal that it had been pressured in 2002 and early 2003 to support administration claims about Iraqi weapons of mass destruction, and that in the Niger case, the CIA had tried hard to resist this pressure. The machinations of Cheney, Libby and others were an attempt to weave an alternative narrative that blamed the CIA.

The truth began to emerge on July 11, 2003, when CIA Director George Tenet issued a public statement disclosing that the agency had tried to warn the White House off the Niger allegations. In that sense, the Libby trial is about a cover-up that failed.

The bottom line? Grenier was asked in court last week to explain the White House's 2003 machinations. Here's what he said: "I think they were trying to avoid blame for not providing (the truth) about whether or not Iraq had attempted to buy uranium." Let me say it again: This trial is about a cover-up that failed.

Lie, lie and lie again. Stick to your lies, I mean story, and never change it. But, but, genuine witnesses will change it for you under proper scrutiny. Thank God we have just a little of it since the November elections.

More: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/02/01/AR2007020101784.html

Psychoblues

Geez is it the Post or you? http://mediamatters.org/items/200702020014

Psychoblues

Hey Psycho, does the name Sandy Berger ring a bell?

But Iraq did attempt to buy uraniam. In fact, Stockpiles of Yellow Cake, some of which has been enrinched, was found in Iraq a while ago.

So how exactly can the administration lie about something that actually happened?

Forum List

Back