A dream of peace?

Robert Urbanek

Platinum Member
Nov 9, 2019
Vacaville, CA
In a dream from last night, I am distributing flyers and sections of newspapers to people and businesses up and down Long Beach Boulevard in Lynwood, California, where I had lived as a teenager. Some of the storefronts have Spanish names and I fear, as a white person, I may face hostility, but everyone is civil.

I also distribute materials to some elderly people in chairs. I then see a group of white people but can’t hand them anything because they are dancing, maybe a Slavic folk dance, though I don’t hear any music or any sound at all while I am distributing materials. Nor do I see any vehicles on the boulevard.

I am concerned I am not giving out materials fast enough and haven’t walked down any side streets. (I had a similar job in college, distributing junk mail in suburban neighborhoods, in plastic bags I would hang on doorknobs.) My female supervisor seems disappointed at my progress but says she would be happy for me to continue.

Finished for the day and tired and achy, I am back at the office where I tell another woman I want to quit and be paid for my work that day. She tells me I had signed up for 60 days and if I quit now, I will owe them money. However, after consulting with my supervisor, she prepares to make out a check to me. I wake up.

My interpretation is that the people on the boulevard were living peacefully together, and the Slavic group may have been Ukrainians. I have grown weary of spreading my ideas (the flyers and newspaper sections) but should persist. The absence of cars and trucks may represent an effort to find peace with the environment.

Peace will never be realized, ever. Somebody will aways want what someone else has.

Forum List

Back