A "Disturbing Trend" about 1/6/2021

DGS49

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2012
Pittsburgh

Let's think about this for a moment. "Yahoo News" (whoever that is) finds it disturbing that as more and more of the perpetrators of the January 6th free-for-all are identified publicly, more and more of them are identified as military veterans, police, and government employees.

THEIR take on it is that, since it is obvious that everyone who participated is an America-hating closeted Klan member, it is disturbing that there are so many America-hating closeted Klan members in our military and government sectors.

MY take is that it is interesting and encouraging that these people, who obviously truly CARE about the country and the travesty of November 3 were willing to raise a little hell on Inauguration Day, to demonstrate the level of their anger.

What is YOUR take?

Let's think about this for a moment. "Yahoo News" (whoever that is) finds it disturbing that as more and more of the perpetrators of the January 6th free-for-all are identified publicly, more and more of them are identified as military veterans, police, and government employees.

THEIR take on it is that, since it is obvious that everyone who participated is an America-hating closeted Klan member, it is disturbing that there are so many America-hating closeted Klan members in our military and government sectors.

MY take is that it is interesting and encouraging that these people, who obviously truly CARE about the country and the travesty of November 3 were willing to raise a little hell on Inauguration Day, to demonstrate the level of their anger.

What is YOUR take?

Except it wasn't Inauguration Day. It was the day Congress certified the Electoral vote count. Something that is written and defined in the CONSTITUTION. You know? That yellowed scrap of paper you righties claim to cherish but really only when it applies to your privilege? So basically, Trump supporters trampled on the very institutions they claim to hold dear.

If it had happened on Inauguration Day, you'd have seen a lot of Trump signs....covering the bodies. :)

What is YOUR take?
It needs to be an annual event

You have to love the craziness and hypocrisy of the left. They can shoot congressmen, bomb congress, riot daily, declare portions of the US as independent and see nothing wrong. Let the right riot and they become instantly incensed.
the leftist congressmen call for violence, packing the courts, changing voting laws and creating racial tension all in the hopes of staying in power. Yet if someone even hints at voter id they are shouted down as being racist.
having a birth certificat, driver’s license even credit card are not racist but voter ID is?
in short the left only considers things that the right does as out of bounds, out of the norm. While they consider anything they do as not only proper but necessary

What about the many thousands that remained outside the barricades on that faithful day? ... who were lawfully protesting the election results? ...

Are you focusing on the few "bad apple" so we might forget to honor and condone those who protested, and didn't riot? ... shame on you ... I'm a liberal and I encourage every conservative to speak out loud and often ... just stay within the law ...

What about the many thousands that remained outside the barricades on that faithful day? ... who were lawfully protesting the election results? ...

Are you focusing on the few "bad apple" so we might forget to honor and condone those who protested, and didn't riot? ... shame on you ... I'm a liberal and I encourage every conservative to speak out loud and often ... just stay within the law ...
So you were Ok with the woman shot inside the Capital who was unarmed cuz she was breaking the law?

What is YOUR take?
They raised a lot of hell, not a little hell. Trump had his effect on military people just as he had on non-military people, usually uninformed and uneducated. Many opposition ex-military have ties to fringe groups that meet on weekends with their weaponry in the woods.
An insurrection against our Capitol is unacceptable.

You have to love the craziness and hypocrisy of the left. They can shoot congressmen, bomb congress, riot daily, declare portions of the US as independent and see nothing wrong. Let the right riot and they become instantly incensed.
the leftist congressmen call for violence, packing the courts, changing voting laws and creating racial tension all in the hopes of staying in power. Yet if someone even hints at voter id they are shouted down as being racist.
having a birth certificat, driver’s license even credit card are not racist but voter ID is?
in short the left only considers things that the right does as out of bounds, out of the norm. While they consider anything they do as not only proper but necessary
The "left" is not doing these things. People are doing it and who they vote for is irrelevent.

And clean up the mess they make when leaving the protest area.

So you were Ok with the woman shot inside the Capital who was unarmed cuz she was breaking the law?
She was leading a group and breaking glass to get at the Capitol Police in the room
and was told to stand back many times, so yes, I am in favor of her being shot.
I am not in favor of anybody being killed or injured while protecting the Capitol and lawmakers.

My take is that violent White Nationalists, Klansmen, Nazis, Militia Members and Q-Kooks should not be allowed in the military.
Check their social media - Look for the telltale tats.

Yes ... this is the consequence of materially participating in a violent crime ... only one person broke my window, but I'm shooting both who climb in ... if it's the other one that dies, too bad ...

What is YOUR take?

Your last paragraph is your take. My take is that "little hell" was based on pathological hate and fear by white men (mostly) who listened to, and acted on the hate, fear and BIG LIES which dominated the rhetoric of Donald Trump for five years.

Last edited:

What is YOUR take?
I agree with your take.
Amazing how selective journalists are where actual investigation is concerned. They have a narrative to perpetuate and then look for evidence to support that narrative. Like AGW bureaucrats and their subsidized experts.

The "left" is not doing these things. People are doing it and who they vote for is irrelevent.
So you want to distance yourself and the “left” from all those things but you and the rest are more then willing to broad brush the right. If the shoe fits then I guess wear it and wear it proudly unless you want to convince the rest of your ilk to stop broad brushing the right.

So you want to distance yourself and the “left” from all those things but you and the rest are more then willing to broad brush the right. If the shoe fits then I guess wear it and wear it proudly unless you want to convince the rest of your ilk to stop broad brushing the right.
Distancing? Hardly. You Trump fanatics always make it a left-right situation and it is not as I pointed out. Who they vote for is irrelevant.

Distancing? Hardly. You Trump fanatics always make it a left-right situation and it is not as I pointed out. Who they vote for is irrelevant.
Actually, it IS about the Left and their evil agenda.

Forum List

Back