CDZ A Dilemma for Female Police Officers?

jwoodie

Platinum Member
Aug 15, 2012
Former Dallas Police Officer Amber Guyger was convicted of murdering the occupant of an apartment she mistakenly believed was her own. Aside from her emotional state at the time of this encounter, she faced a common situation wherein a female police officer is confronted by a male suspect who is almost always physically superior to her.

As a result, her options in retaining, restraining or arresting the suspect are often limited to persuasion or the use of deadly force. What can/should be done to address this dilemma?

Obviously she was not police officer material and she regretfully will go to prison because of it...would she have escaped prison if her victim was white?...we do not know but I do hope her punishment is not too harsh...they never presented a motive...that could be reason for an appeal...but its a sad event all around....cops don't do well in prison...

I think that first- police officers should make sure that they are in their own home.
Secondly, there is no indication that she attempted to arrest or restrain the man she shot in her own home- she shot him.

To the question of size- while in general most men are larger than most women, that is not always the case. So the correct dilemma is: what action should a police officer take when trying to 'restrain or arrest' a physically superior suspect.

Police departments actually have guidelines for their officers to follow but off the top of my head;
a) Call for backup
b) Use of a taser
c) Use of a beanbag or similar projectile designed to be less lethal

One last thought- if a suspect is not an immediate threat to others- not threatening to use a weapon, not threatening the lives of others, there is no need to rush into a physical alteration with a suspect

Former Dallas Police Officer Amber Guyger was convicted of murdering the occupant of an apartment she mistakenly believed was her own. Aside from her emotional state at the time of this encounter, she faced a common situation wherein a female police officer is confronted by a male suspect who is almost always physically superior to her.

As a result, her options in retaining, restraining or arresting the suspect are often limited to persuasion or the use of deadly force. What can/should be done to address this dilemma?
If you're too stupid to know your own apartment, you're probably not going to make a great cop.

What is common about someone not knowing that they are in someone else's home

If you're too stupid to know your own apartment, you're probably not going to make a great cop.
Other tenants stated in court they had gone to the wrong apartment too...

Too much heroin in the hallways then

I would hope somebody whose job it is to enter multiple residents a day armed would be better able to identify their own apartment than the average citizen.

I would hope somebody whose job it is to enter multiple residents a day armed would be better able to identify their own apartment than the average citizen.
I would demand that everyone with a gun know where they lived

To the question of size- while in general most men are larger than most women, that is not always the case. So the correct dilemma is: what action should a police officer take when trying to 'restrain or arrest' a physically superior suspect.

Police departments actually have guidelines for their officers to follow but off the top of my head;
a) Call for backup
b) Use of a taser

The fact is that most female police officers have less size and strength than most male suspects. So the (not politically) correct dilemma is that they may have to resort to the additional measures you listed more frequently than their male counterparts.

Last edited:

a) Call for backup
b) Use of a taser

The fact is that most female police officers have less size and strength than most male suspects. So the (not politically) correct dilemma is that they may have to resort to the additional measures you listed more frequently than their male counterparts.
I thought all female officers had to have a fat ass

They should all voluntarily surrender their guns. And shouldn't apply to be a cop either.

a) Call for backup
b) Use of a taser

So the (not politically) correct dilemma is that they may have to resort to the additional measures you listed more frequently than their male counterparts.
And? I have no problem with police departments holding all applicants and officers to the same physical standards. But virtually every police officer is going to be in a situation where the suspect is larger than he or she is. So the same policies for how to deal with that situation need to apply regardless of the gender of the officer- or the size of the officer.

They should all voluntarily surrender their guns. And shouldn't apply to be a cop either.
Do you live there?...have you ever been in that building?...In that complex?...I delivered news papers to an apartment complex like that when I was a kid...it can be confusing.....she was convicted so go ahead and do your happy dance...why it makes you happy says more about you than her....

Do you live there?...have you ever been in that building?...In that complex?...I delivered news papers to an apartment complex like that when I was a kid...it can be confusing.....she was convicted so go ahead and do your happy dance...why it makes you happy says more about you than her....
She's too dumb to find her own place. 'nuff said.

So you have never been there and you don't know what the fuck you are talking about...right?....admit it....

So you have never been there and you don't know what the fuck you are talking about...right?....admit it....
You’re right, I’ve always been able to find my place and not kill anyone.

Good for you...but that is not your building..is it?....

All my houses belong to me.

All my houses belong to me.
Have you ever been in a multi level indoor mall with parking levels for each floor of the mall?...People forget which level they parked on due to the fact they all look the same....that was the situation here...same set up...and you are still ignoring the fact that other tenants had gone to the wrong apartment as well...I know why you ignore that fact because it proves you to be a presumptuous moron talking out of your ass....

Forum List

Back