A Democrat Party Betrayal Comes To Fruition

Flanders

ARCHCONSERVATIVE
Sep 23, 2010

The above video prompted me to post excerpts from a thread I put up five years ago.

Allow me to preface my comments about a Missile Defense Shield.

A lot is known about V 2 rockets, and Nazi Germany’s efforts to develop the atomic bomb. Almost nothing is known about the German high command working on a delivery method. My connection to North Korea is obvious. America came very close to losing WWII:

The HMT Rohna was an 8,600-ton British troopship carrying mostly an American crew to the Far East theatre. It went down the day after Thanksgiving, in the Mediterranean, off the coast of North Africa, the victim of a German missile. But it was not just any German missile. This was, it seems, the first known successful “hit” of a vessel by a German rocket-boosted, radio/remote-controlled “glider” bomb — i.e., one of the first true missiles used in combat. It was, in effect, a guided missile, and the Nazis had achieved it first.​

Remembering the Rohna: A World War II Secret and Tragedy
Paul Kengor
May 27, 2017, 1:41 pm

Obama, and John Kerry, are out of office. Obama is advancing his agenda with his mouth, while Biden is contemplating another run at the White House in 2020. My point. Democrats brought defeat to this country in Vietnam. The Democrat party’s history of opposition to a Missile Defense Shield brought this country 20 years closer to a global defeat triggered by North Korea:

Younger Americans are probably not interested in Kerry’s shameful record:​

John Kerry, Active Duty Hijinx, Presidential Pardon, Obama's Choice
The Winter Soldier of Our Discontent
By John Burtis Wednesday, November 14, 2012

The kids who voted for Democrats might like to know that he always opposed a MDS (Missile Defense Shield). Put Kerry in perspective by looking at Hussein’s record:​

The Missile-Defense Betrayal
Kejda Gjermani — December 2009

The Missile-Defense Betrayal - Commentary Magazine

XXXXX

I want to offer a few observations before getting back to Kerry.

No aggressor nation makes war until it is convinced it can win. America is not an aggressor nation, yet it is the only power on earth that can declare war on a sworn enemy and be certain of victory. If Islam, or China, or Russia possessed America’s military capabilities does anyone believe they would practice restraint?

Hussein has said that he will support a MDS if the technology proves workable. In liberal-speak “workable” means stopping every missile fired at America and its allies. In liberal-speak a MDS is not working if 99 missiles are stopped out of a 100 missiles fired.

“If it ain’t perfect it is no good” has always been the argument liberals offered for opposing the MDS. They say the opposite about welfare state programs. If a program works one percent of the time it is good enough for increased funding.

When it comes to defensive technology it evolves the same way technology evolves for any weapon that you would care to name. None of today’s weapons started out 100 percent effective. The military application for WW I fighter planes is the ancestor of long-range bombers. Put evolution in context: America might very well have lost the Cold War were it not for the Strategic Air Command.

To reduce or eliminate funding for MDS slows, and even stops, the evolution of missile defense technology. The thing that surprises me the most me is how the Democrats get away with their defense policies decade after decade —— none more dangerous than their MDS policy.

Incidentally, Nutty Nancy topped herself in 2003 when she said:​

The United States does not need a multi-billion-dollar national missile defense against the possibility of a nuclear-armed intercontinental ballistic missile. What we need is a strong nonproliferation policy with other nations to combat the most serious threat to our national security.​

That is from a Democrat who thinks Americans needed socialized medicine that will cost generations of taxpayers TRILLIONS of dollars.

NOTE: Quadrillion is the next number after a trillion, then comes quintillion, then sextillion, then septillion, then octillion, then nonillion, then decillion, then undecillion, then duodecillion, then tredecillion, then quattuordecillion, and quindecillion (that is a one followed by 48 zeros). And finally the googolplex; the largest number in the world.

I am an old dude, but I may very well live long enough to see Democrats reach googolplex to pay for their entitlements. Yet every dollar spent on defense is too much according to Democrats.

Combine Pelosi’s hatred of the intelligence community with her opposition to the MDS, and you have to hope that one enemy missile gets through. The one aimed at San Francisco when she is in town.

Biden was right there with Nutso on missile defense and treaties. To even begin to understand those people you gotta read this from 2006:​

Pelosi: America "Does Not Need" Missile Defense

Test Ban Treaties

Treaties are a joke, and treaties banning nuclear testing are the biggest joke of all. Treaties promoted by America’s domestic and foreign enemies is the best way to disarm America. That brings me back to Kerry.

In 2009 the late Kim Jong Il threatened to fire a test missile at Hawaii on the Fourth of July:​

Ballistic Missile Defense Dependence Day
Austin Bay
Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Austin Bay - Ballistic Missile Defense Dependence Day

North Korea’s missiles may very well be Tinkertoys powered by the Energizer Bunny as some claimed, but then that only means there is room for improvement. It does not mean they are giving up.​

I hope Secretary of Defense John Kerry can convince Kim Junior to arm North Korea’s ICBMs with pamphlets extolling the virtues of communism rather than nuclear warheads.

John Kerry opposed the MDS before North Korea tested its first nuclear weapon in 2006. North Korea now has the nucleus for long range ballistic missiles.

Back in 2004 when John Kerry came out against the MDS, some liberals were saying that a missile shield was useless against suicide bombers. The implication was that a new kind of warfare made things like missile defense shields obsolete. Liberals also implied that Americans need not fear Communist China’s ballistic missiles.

In addition to Chinese Communists being portrayed as adorable panda bears on their way to capitalism there was nothing to fear from the new Russia’s missiles, or so the story went. In one sense North Korea’s missile program did Americans a favor because it reaffirmed the need for a MDS.

A hidden benefit to missile defense is that it will also combat missiles fired from China’s submarines while they are submerged. From China’s perspective North Korea is a perfect patsy. “Keep Americans looking at North Korea and they will see its missiles as a bigger threat than our growing fleet of nuclear submarines.”

When Kerry ran for president, I assumed he did not know how close North Korea was to joining the nuclear club. Even if Kerry did not know in 2004, he was wrong because he did know that China and Russian had long range ballistic missiles armed with nuclear warheads.

At the same time Democrats like John Kerry weakened America’s retaliatory capabilities they deliberately downplayed the evolution of defense systems. They had to know that the only difference between anti-aircraft guns and the MDS is that the gunner could see the target he was shooting at. Admittedly, aircraft still got through to their targets, but a lot of them were stopped. I sure as hell want to see as many intercontinental ballistic missiles as possible stopped.

In addition to the obvious —— halting the evolution of Missile Defense Shields as Kerry, Biden, Pelosi, et al, called for gave those up-and-coming nuclear regimes like Iran enough breathing room to develop, or buy, intercontinental ballistic missile technology.

Terrorist warfare practiced by countries like Iran is also evolving into more conventional warfare. Simply stated: “Evolution” is the critical factor in any debate about funding the MDS.

RR

President Reagan’s foreign policy was uncomplicated. “We win. They lose.” Star Wars was a practical application of RR’s governing philosophy. On the other hand Hussein dismantles a MDS in Europe and begs the Russians for leeway so he can do more “after the election.”​

XXXXX

Finally, America did not defeat communism, or China, when the Soviet Union imploded. The demise of the Soviet Union caused Americans to drop their guard. The Left encouraged a false sense of security with claims that Americans had nothing to fear because communism was dead. The Left was so successful in announcing the death of communism the country ignored the Clintons while they salvaged communism’s worldwide infrastructure left behind by the Soviet Union. Today, the country has Hussein and his administration full of Clinton people.​

What is Kerry saluting?

NOTE: President Trump's administration is full of Clinton and Obama people.

I would be remiss if I did not add a bit more about Pelosi who is still in office harboring dreams of becoming Speaker of the House again. Nutso’s loyalties always defined her as a dangerously deranged Democrat. Her latest claim to Queen of Silly Statements shows that she is a halfwit in all things:

Keep in mind that in her entire political career, the most famous thing Nancy Pelosi is known for saying is “You have to pass it to see what is in it,” about Obamacare. Those words are not likely to appear on her tombstone, but even the New York Times will have to include it in her obituary.

Still, that observation was at least accurate. And it expressed the contempt for the public inherent in the imposition of a mystery plan for one sixth of the economy. What Pelosi said on Thursday, criticizing President Trump for not visiting countries in alphabetical order, is absolutely mind-boggling.​

May 28, 2017
The stupidest thing Nancy Pelosi has ever said?
By Thomas Lifson

Blog: The stupidest thing Nancy Pelosi has ever said?

The above video prompted me to post excerpts from a thread I put up five years ago.

Allow me to preface my comments about a Missile Defense Shield.

A lot is known about V 2 rockets, and Nazi Germany’s efforts to develop the atomic bomb. Almost nothing is known about the German high command working on a delivery method. My connection to North Korea is obvious. America came very close to losing WWII:

The HMT Rohna was an 8,600-ton British troopship carrying mostly an American crew to the Far East theatre. It went down the day after Thanksgiving, in the Mediterranean, off the coast of North Africa, the victim of a German missile. But it was not just any German missile. This was, it seems, the first known successful “hit” of a vessel by a German rocket-boosted, radio/remote-controlled “glider” bomb — i.e., one of the first true missiles used in combat. It was, in effect, a guided missile, and the Nazis had achieved it first.​

Paul Kengor
May 27, 2017, 1:41 pm

Obama, and John Kerry, are out of office. Obama is advancing his agenda with his mouth, while Biden is contemplating another run at the White House in 2020. My point. Democrats brought defeat to this country in Vietnam. The Democrat party’s history of opposition to a Missile Defense Shield brought this country 20 years closer to a global defeat triggered by North Korea:

Younger Americans are probably not interested in Kerry’s shameful record:​

John Kerry, Active Duty Hijinx, Presidential Pardon, Obama's Choice
By John Burtis Wednesday, November 14, 2012

The kids who voted for Democrats might like to know that he always opposed a MDS (Missile Defense Shield). Put Kerry in perspective by looking at Hussein’s record:​

The Missile-Defense Betrayal
Kejda Gjermani — December 2009

XXXXX

I want to offer a few observations before getting back to Kerry.

No aggressor nation makes war until it is convinced it can win. America is not an aggressor nation, yet it is the only power on earth that can declare war on a sworn enemy and be certain of victory. If Islam, or China, or Russia possessed America’s military capabilities does anyone believe they would practice restraint?

Hussein has said that he will support a MDS if the technology proves workable. In liberal-speak “workable” means stopping every missile fired at America and its allies. In liberal-speak a MDS is not working if 99 missiles are stopped out of a 100 missiles fired.

“If it ain’t perfect it is no good” has always been the argument liberals offered for opposing the MDS. They say the opposite about welfare state programs. If a program works one percent of the time it is good enough for increased funding.

When it comes to defensive technology it evolves the same way technology evolves for any weapon that you would care to name. None of today’s weapons started out 100 percent effective. The military application for WW I fighter planes is the ancestor of long-range bombers. Put evolution in context: America might very well have lost the Cold War were it not for the Strategic Air Command.

To reduce or eliminate funding for MDS slows, and even stops, the evolution of missile defense technology. The thing that surprises me the most me is how the Democrats get away with their defense policies decade after decade —— none more dangerous than their MDS policy.

Incidentally, Nutty Nancy topped herself in 2003 when she said:​

The United States does not need a multi-billion-dollar national missile defense against the possibility of a nuclear-armed intercontinental ballistic missile. What we need is a strong nonproliferation policy with other nations to combat the most serious threat to our national security.​

That is from a Democrat who thinks Americans needed socialized medicine that will cost generations of taxpayers TRILLIONS of dollars.

NOTE: Quadrillion is the next number after a trillion, then comes quintillion, then sextillion, then septillion, then octillion, then nonillion, then decillion, then undecillion, then duodecillion, then tredecillion, then quattuordecillion, and quindecillion (that is a one followed by 48 zeros). And finally the googolplex; the largest number in the world.

I am an old dude, but I may very well live long enough to see Democrats reach googolplex to pay for their entitlements. Yet every dollar spent on defense is too much according to Democrats.

Combine Pelosi’s hatred of the intelligence community with her opposition to the MDS, and you have to hope that one enemy missile gets through. The one aimed at San Francisco when she is in town.

Biden was right there with Nutso on missile defense and treaties. To even begin to understand those people you gotta read this from 2006:​

Test Ban Treaties

Treaties are a joke, and treaties banning nuclear testing are the biggest joke of all. Treaties promoted by America’s domestic and foreign enemies is the best way to disarm America. That brings me back to Kerry.

In 2009 the late Kim Jong Il threatened to fire a test missile at Hawaii on the Fourth of July:​

Ballistic Missile Defense Dependence Day
Austin Bay
Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Austin Bay - Ballistic Missile Defense Dependence Day

North Korea’s missiles may very well be Tinkertoys powered by the Energizer Bunny as some claimed, but then that only means there is room for improvement. It does not mean they are giving up.​

I hope Secretary of Defense John Kerry can convince Kim Junior to arm North Korea’s ICBMs with pamphlets extolling the virtues of communism rather than nuclear warheads.

John Kerry opposed the MDS before North Korea tested its first nuclear weapon in 2006. North Korea now has the nucleus for long range ballistic missiles.

Back in 2004 when John Kerry came out against the MDS, some liberals were saying that a missile shield was useless against suicide bombers. The implication was that a new kind of warfare made things like missile defense shields obsolete. Liberals also implied that Americans need not fear Communist China’s ballistic missiles.

In addition to Chinese Communists being portrayed as adorable panda bears on their way to capitalism there was nothing to fear from the new Russia’s missiles, or so the story went. In one sense North Korea’s missile program did Americans a favor because it reaffirmed the need for a MDS.

A hidden benefit to missile defense is that it will also combat missiles fired from China’s submarines while they are submerged. From China’s perspective North Korea is a perfect patsy. “Keep Americans looking at North Korea and they will see its missiles as a bigger threat than our growing fleet of nuclear submarines.”

When Kerry ran for president, I assumed he did not know how close North Korea was to joining the nuclear club. Even if Kerry did not know in 2004, he was wrong because he did know that China and Russian had long range ballistic missiles armed with nuclear warheads.

At the same time Democrats like John Kerry weakened America’s retaliatory capabilities they deliberately downplayed the evolution of defense systems. They had to know that the only difference between anti-aircraft guns and the MDS is that the gunner could see the target he was shooting at. Admittedly, aircraft still got through to their targets, but a lot of them were stopped. I sure as hell want to see as many intercontinental ballistic missiles as possible stopped.

In addition to the obvious —— halting the evolution of Missile Defense Shields as Kerry, Biden, Pelosi, et al, called for gave those up-and-coming nuclear regimes like Iran enough breathing room to develop, or buy, intercontinental ballistic missile technology.

Terrorist warfare practiced by countries like Iran is also evolving into more conventional warfare. Simply stated: “Evolution” is the critical factor in any debate about funding the MDS.

RR

President Reagan’s foreign policy was uncomplicated. “We win. They lose.” Star Wars was a practical application of RR’s governing philosophy. On the other hand Hussein dismantles a MDS in Europe and begs the Russians for leeway so he can do more “after the election.”​

XXXXX

Finally, America did not defeat communism, or China, when the Soviet Union imploded. The demise of the Soviet Union caused Americans to drop their guard. The Left encouraged a false sense of security with claims that Americans had nothing to fear because communism was dead. The Left was so successful in announcing the death of communism the country ignored the Clintons while they salvaged communism’s worldwide infrastructure left behind by the Soviet Union. Today, the country has Hussein and his administration full of Clinton people.​

What is Kerry saluting?

NOTE: President Trump's administration is full of Clinton and Obama people.

I would be remiss if I did not add a bit more about Pelosi who is still in office harboring dreams of becoming Speaker of the House again. Nutso’s loyalties always defined her as a dangerously deranged Democrat. Her latest claim to Queen of Silly Statements shows that she is a halfwit in all things:

Keep in mind that in her entire political career, the most famous thing Nancy Pelosi is known for saying is “You have to pass it to see what is in it,” about Obamacare. Those words are not likely to appear on her tombstone, but even the New York Times will have to include it in her obituary.

Still, that observation was at least accurate. And it expressed the contempt for the public inherent in the imposition of a mystery plan for one sixth of the economy. What Pelosi said on Thursday, criticizing President Trump for not visiting countries in alphabetical order, is absolutely mind-boggling.​

May 28, 2017
The stupidest thing Nancy Pelosi has ever said?
By Thomas Lifson

Blog: The stupidest thing Nancy Pelosi has ever said?
/----- Thank you. Just when I think I heard it all about WWII I discover something new: "The HMT Rohna was an 8,600-ton British troopship carrying mostly an American crew to the Far East theatre. It went down the day after Thanksgiving, in the Mediterranean, off the coast of North Africa, the victim of a German missile. But it was not just any German missile. This was, it seems, the first known successful “hit” of a vessel by a German rocket-boosted, radio/remote-controlled “glider” bomb — i.e., one of the first true missiles used in combat. It was, in effect, a guided missile, and the Nazis had achieved it first."

President Trump's administration is full of Clinton and Obama people.
220px-Mein_Kampf_dust_jacket.jpeg

MY STRUGGLE​
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipe...jacket.jpeg/220px-Mein_Kampf_dust_jacket.jpeg

President Trump has a struggle of his own, but he can overcome it without going off the deep end like the der fuhrer. Trump has the authority to fire the back-stabbers, but he appears to lack the will.

Of all the rat holes Clinton and Obama holdovers nested in, none is more diseased than the State Department:

gettyimages-661567016.jpg

Mr Lukens' thinly veiled attack on Mr Trump played out on social media Getty

Lewis Lukens, the acting US ambassador, sent a series of tweets condemning the London Bridge attack which left seven people dead and 47 injured.

He also publicly supported Mr Khan’s “strong leadership” following the atrocity, contrary to the US President who criticised Mr Khan for telling Londoners there was “no reason to be alarmed”.​

US Embassy in London distances itself from Donald Trump by praising Sadiq Khan tweets
Rachael Revesz
20 hours ago

US Embassy is distancing itself from Donald Trump by praising Sadiq Khan tweets

Finally, anyone foolish enough to double-cross Hitler in Nazi Germany could expect a visit from Gestapo investigators. A quick, no-muss-no fuss, trial by prosecutors in the basement of SS headquarters and it was all over but the shouting. Note that the Nazis got the message out with any media coverage. Conversely, Trump firing the back-stabbers needs all of the coverage he can get —— assuming the media reports his reasons fairly. If not, Trump can point out that media mouths prefer Hitler’s methods.

President Trump's administration is full of Clinton and Obama people.
220px-Mein_Kampf_dust_jacket.jpeg

MY STRUGGLE​
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipe...jacket.jpeg/220px-Mein_Kampf_dust_jacket.jpeg

President Trump has a struggle of his own, but he can overcome it without going off the deep end like the der fuhrer. Trump has the authority to fire the back-stabbers, but he appears to lack the will.

Of all the rat holes Clinton and Obama holdovers nested in, none is more diseased than the State Department:

gettyimages-661567016.jpg

Mr Lukens' thinly veiled attack on Mr Trump played out on social media Getty

Lewis Lukens, the acting US ambassador, sent a series of tweets condemning the London Bridge attack which left seven people dead and 47 injured.

He also publicly supported Mr Khan’s “strong leadership” following the atrocity, contrary to the US President who criticised Mr Khan for telling Londoners there was “no reason to be alarmed”.​

US Embassy in London distances itself from Donald Trump by praising Sadiq Khan tweets
Rachael Revesz
20 hours ago

US Embassy is distancing itself from Donald Trump by praising Sadiq Khan tweets

Finally, anyone foolish enough to double-cross Hitler in Nazi Germany could expect a visit from Gestapo investigators. A quick, no-muss-no fuss, trial by prosecutors in the basement of SS headquarters and it was all over but the shouting. Note that the Nazis got the message out with any media coverage. Conversely, Trump firing the back-stabbers needs all of the coverage he can get —— assuming the media reports his reasons fairly. If not, Trump can point out that media mouths prefer Hitler’s methods.
/--- You feigned attempt to compare Hitler to Trump fools no one. Besides Hitler was a left wing Socialist more like Hildabeast and Obozo.

You feigned attempt to compare Hitler to Trump fools no one. Besides Hitler was a left wing Socialist more like Hildabeast and Obozo.
To Cellblock2429: Your interpretation needs work. My meaning was obvious:
President Trump has a struggle of his own, but he can overcome it without going off the deep end like the der fuhrer.
Trump can point out that media mouths prefer Hitler’s methods.

So, Flanders is butthurt over Obama's success with the missile defense programs.

At least that's what I read here.

Flanders, why can't you be a good American and congratulate Obama for his success? Acting upset because Americans won't die makes you look rather treasonous.

Flanders, why can't you be a good American and congratulate Obama for his success?
To mamooth: Is that what you call success?:
Hussein has said that he will support a MDS if the technology proves workable.
Or is this success to you?:

On September 17, President Barack Obama officially announced that he would abandon the Eastern European missile-shield program, thus scrapping the treaties Gorge W. Bush had signed with Poland and the Czech Republic.​

Or do you consider it success when he gave Putin a gift?:

"For instance, you reconsider putting in our missile defense system back into the Czech Republic and Poland, as we once planned," Romney said of steps he’d take if he were in the White House. "And as you recall, we pulled that out as a gift to Russia."​

Romney: Obama stopped missile defense shield 'as a gift to Russia'
By Katie Sanders on Sunday, March 23rd, 2014 at 5:27 p.m.

Romney: Obama stopped missile defense shield 'as a gift to Russia'

To mamooth: Is that what you call success?:

Shooting missiles out of the sky is success. Like we just did. And that success angers you.

Do you think Trump created that entire program in the past few months? Nope. It's been going on for a long time, to the Obama admin and before.

[
Shooting missiles out of the sky is success. Like we just did. And that success angers you.

Do you think Trump created that entire program in the past few months? Nope. It's been going on for a long time, to the Obama admin and before.

True.

Obviously He overlooked that it was ongoing so didn't kill it.

Another failure.

Just one among so many.

To mamooth: You have repeatedly shown yourself to be a stupid person, now it is clear that you are mentally ill, too. Even the stupidest people know better than to reverse everything Obama stands for; i.e., failure is success:

. . . Orwellian reverse-logic “newspeak”, or liberal-speak, revisionist language (”war is peace”; “freedom is slavery”; “ignorance is strength” etc.) in which the political and cultural building blocks of our social order are inverted and are now viewed as the diametric opposite of their original meaning and intent.

Acts of generosity which provided aid to the needy, formerly called “charity”, has been transformed into its polar opposite—“entitlement”. “Illegal aliens”, who used to be criminals, are now just“immigrants”. Overt acts of terrorism are now called “man made disasters” and “work place violence”. The word terrorism has been officially deleted from the American Lexicon.

Everything has been redefined into distorted “1984” style misrepresentations such as “Morality is hate”; “faith is ignorance”; and “theft is social justice”. Good has become evil, evil has become good, and Americanism is now passed off as socialism.​

Message to the TEA Party
By Frank Polacek
October 21, 2012

Message to the TEA Party
To mamooth: In fact, Obama would have stopped MDS research-funding altogether if he could have gotten away with it just to please Putin:
To reduce or eliminate funding for MDS slows, and even stops, the evolution of missile defense technology.
Finally, read the OP again, but this time get help from somebody with reading comprehension skills who can stop you from spouting Big Brother double-talk.

Forum List

Back