A defining musical deja vu moment for me.

the other mike

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2019
Secret City under Denver Airport
First time I was ever in a music store was with my mom who was looking for some sheet music or something for classical guitar or piano, and this song was playing in 1974.

So ff to Friday, I went to my favorite music store for some picks, which usually takes two minutes, but this song came on ( rip Mom ~1947 - 1991)... of course I had to hang out with Burt for a few and sort of take in the moment.

I am still burned out on that album.
Yeah same here.
It was just sort of a clarifying moment for me, like pulling over to take a picture of the sunset or smell the roses.
20210529_182125.jpg

A Mexican truck driver just drove by saying "did that dude just put a hex on me man ?"

First time I was ever in a music store was with my mom who was looking for some sheet music or something for classical guitar or piano, and this song was playing in 1974.

So ff to Friday, I went to my favorite music store for some picks, which usually takes two minutes, but this song came on ( rip Mom ~1947 - 1991)... of course I had to hang out with Burt for a few and sort of take in the moment.

Sorry to hear about your Mother. She was taken WAY too young. Sincere condolences.

I am still burned out on that album.
I think it was a one hit wonder. Does the lp have the extra, extra, extra long version or something?

Then there is this shorter version.

I'm sure it was a DJ break time favorite back in the day like Alice's Restaurant or In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida.

Sorry to hear about your Mother. She was taken WAY too young. Sincere condolences.

Thank you. She was only 47 .....came down with some kind of rare case of pneumonia - didn't go to the hospital soon enough... it's a long story. But it's hard to believe how much she's missed in the last 30 years .....she was a photographer. Loved music and horses.

My mother was a great pianist. i heard all kinds of music from her,she was also a nightclub singer before she married and had a family . I listen to her play and sing my whole childhood..

So many songs wrapped up in peoples lives.

My momma was raised to believe she was worth flat zero. Zero anything.

So she just played basic guitar, nothing fancy. She taught herself in quiet corners as she found them.

Years later, when I was the light in her eyes, we started singing together and she also played geetar. I was just 3 or 4, but even then, I was loud and very confident of my abilities, lol! We did that for years- we had a blast.

One time, I was sitting on the edge of the bed singing with mom. We stopped for a moment and in my lil girl mind, I've got our future, fame and fortune all worked out. Hey momma, I said. What if there was some fancy talent guy from the big city outside that window? What do you think he'd do?

He'd run away fast as he could, that's what!

Ugh. I started thinking about it and came to the conclusion that my singing sounds like a burlap bags of pissed off cats.

How fun!

So she just played basic guitar, nothing fancy. She taught herself in quiet corners as she found them.

Years later, when I was the light in her eyes, we started singing together and she also played geetar. I was just 3 or 4, but even then, I was loud and very confident of my abilities, lol! We did that for years- we had a blast.

One time, I was sitting on the edge of the bed singing with mom. We stopped for a moment and in my lil girl mind, I've got our future, fame and fortune all worked out. Hey momma, I said. What if there was some fancy talent guy from the big city outside that window? What do you think he'd do?

Ugh. I started thinking about it and came to the conclusion that my singing sounds like a burlap bags of pissed off cats.

How fun!
You may have seen this when I posted it somewhere else...from 10 years ago.
*catchy song-stuck in your head all day warning*

How fun!
You may have seen this when I posted it somewhere else...from 10 years ago.
*catchy song-stuck in your head all day warning*

OMG! So impressive! And a fansastic big brother, if that's who it is...

Forum List

Back