A Day to Celebrate One of President Obama's Campaign Promises!

Seawytch

Information isnt Advocacy
Aug 5, 2010
Peaking out from the redwoods
And I can't think of a better way to celebrate the end of DADT than with a wedding...

Don't Ask, Don't Tell Repeal: Navy Lt. Gary Ross, Partner Dan Swezy Wed As Military's Gay Ban Formally Ends

4e7848189612e.preview-300.jpg

The joy on their faces is amazing!

Thank you to Congress and President Obama for ending the ban!

I thought DADT was a bad idea to begin with. So do most of the military people I know.

I have no problem with openly gay or lesbian men and women serving their country in the military.

I am pleased this has been ended.

While I approve of Obama ending this policy, he could have easily ended it with an executive order on his first day in office. Instead, like everything else he does, he took his sweet time, vacillated, hemmed and hawed. He even had a court re-instate the policy once it had been deemed unconstitutional, just so 'he' could be the one to officially end it, taking the credit.

I thought DADT was a bad idea to begin with. So do most of the military people I know.

I have no problem with openly gay or lesbian men and women serving their country in the military.

While I approve of Obama ending this policy, he could have easily ended it with an executive order on his first day in office. Instead, like everything else he does, he took his sweet time, vacillated, hemmed and hawed. He even had a court re-instate the policy once it had been deemed unconstitutional, just so 'he' could be the one to officially end it, taking the credit.

I disagree that it could have been done with an Executive Order. The only EO he could have issued was a stop loss on discharges...which would be overturned if any of the current GOP candidates won the Presidency.

Well, the Navy needs florists.

Lt Ross is a Surface Warfare Officer, but thanks for playing "stupid stereotypes".

I know what a SWO is dumbfuck. Having served 20+ years in the Navy, I ran into my share of asshole, incompetent SWOs - as well as outstanding Naval JOs who ended up making flag.

I never said you didn't know what it was, douchenozzle. I merely stated that Lt Ross isn't a "florist", but a SWO. Did you serve with him? If not, you have no idea what kind of officer he is, asswipe.

(I don't understand this need to name call...but when in Rome :D )

Lt Ross is a Surface Warfare Officer, but thanks for playing "stupid stereotypes".

I know what a SWO is dumbfuck. Having served 20+ years in the Navy, I ran into my share of asshole, incompetent SWOs - as well as outstanding Naval JOs who ended up making flag.

I never said you didn't know what it was, douchenozzle. I merely stated that Lt Ross isn't a "florist", but a SWO. Did you serve with him? If not, you have no idea what kind of officer he is, asswipe.

Get back to the Volt thread idiot. You're making an ass out of yourself here.

I disagree that it could have been done with an Executive Order. The only EO he could have issued was a stop loss on discharges...which would be overturned if any of the current GOP candidates won the Presidency.

It would still have had the same effect... the end of DADT.

It's gone now, so it's really a moot point. Just another area where I actually agreed with Obama, but disagreed with how he went about it. I guess all the liberals who think people like me are in lockstep against all things 'Obama' can eat it...lol

LOL...right. So what you are really saying here is that you don't want me to respond to you because you are getting spanked like the douchenozzle you are.

Can't harsh my buzz...DADT is dead! Woo Hoo!!!!

It's gone now, so it's really a moot point. Just another area where I actually agreed with Obama, but disagreed with how he went about it. I guess all the liberals who think people like me are in lockstep against all things 'Obama' can eat it...lol

The way it was done is a lot harder to overturn than an EO.

valid point. However, I really don't think a Repub president would have reinstating DADT as one of his priorities.

LOL...right. So what you are really saying here is that you don't want me to respond to you because you are getting spanked like the douchenozzle you are.

Whose sockpuppet are you ?
Your posting style seems curiously familiar.
What are your other asshole screen names?

valid point. However, I really don't think a Repub president would have reinstating DADT as one of his priorities.

And yet it is a "campaign promise" of a couple of the current candidates...

DADT was a product of President Clinton trying to uphold these self-evident truths in the face of conservative bigotry:

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness".

President Obama always seems to strive for compromise or consensus; hopefully The President now understands that the New Right will never agree that "All Men Are Created Equal" before the law.

You really suck at deflection.

This is my only screen name, douchenozzle. I started posting here in August of 2010 having never posted here prior to that. I spent most of my time, prior to posting here, posting at military.com until I was permanently banned for using the term "Koch Sucker".

Anything else you want to know?

You really suck at deflection.

This is my only screen name, douchenozzle. I started posting here in August of 2010 having never posted here prior to that. I spent most of my time, prior to posting here, posting at military.com until I was permanently banned for using the term "Koch Sucker".

Anything else you want to know?

So, you're annoying everywhere you go..... good to know.

Forum List

Back