A Dark Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Mike, this is the introduction section. We are suppose to just say hello here. If you would like commentary on your tripe, you may wish to post it in the political section. The sooner the better, straightening out your misconceptions will take sometime and effort. Take vitamins.

We aren't suppose to flame in the introduction section. However, since you raped the introduction section with this trife, I just want to say that you are a complete dumbfuck.
Welcome!

I rarely post online. I’m not one to announce my thoughts to the digital world. I say the following knowing those on the other side of the aisle will find in inflammatory, but please know that is not my intent. To quote “The American President”, “America is advanced citizenship”. I believe that means that in order to earn our democracy, we must listen responsibly and strive to reach compromise. It is through this lens that I cannot understand last night’s decision.

I have lived most of my life in two states; one very Republican and the other very liberal. The past year, my Facebook feed has been representative of the divide from which our country is suffering. I know people I love and respect on both sides, as I assume many of you do as well.

Since Obama’s victory in 2008, I’ve watched the Republican Party devolve into a mixture of anger, racism, and sexism. I’ve watched the Republican Congress refuse to work with our President and other Democrats. I’ve watched atrocious rhetoric spewed in the name of our country and patriotism.

And this is where the biggest contradiction exists in the Republican Party; how can a party tout patriotism when its actions and rhetoric are the complete opposite? How can you claim patriotism when you refuse to govern? When you refuse to even try to understand the marginalized populations in this country? How can you claim patriotism when you refuse to compromise? Refuse to evaluate Supreme Court nominations? Patriotism is not just a pretty word to be used during the campaign trail to rile up a base – a base that is becoming alarmingly misinformed. Patriotism exists when you stand up for the principles upon which this country was founded, and it’s strengthened when doing so is at odds with your own beliefs. I no longer see this type of patriotism, this type of courage, in the Republican Party.

Republicans are attacking human rights, such as marriage equality; rights guaranteed by the Constitution through the clear separation of church and state. And they do so because it doesn’t align with their beliefs. Patriots realize that the Constitution trumps their individual beliefs, and they fight to preserve those rights. These rights should not be political, but the bedrock of our democracy.

Republicans are threatening the very fabric of freedom from religious persecution. Trump called for a Muslim band to rousing applause. Patriots protect religious freedom rather than persecute an entire population due to the actions of a few. His ban was to capitalize on fear and fuel anger. A patriot has the courage to resist fear and see through anger.

Republicans have been fanning the flames of racial divide. Leaders of a country are required to lead all and protect the “life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness” of each individual. To turn a blind eye to the marginalization of black America, or build a wall because of a stereotype, is to divide us. A true patriot guides us through it.

Yesterday was a dark day in our country’s history. Trump ran on a platform of hate, of us vs. them, and many Americans have a right to be worried. Our democracy is weakened because we chose against what the framers intended. It signifies a stark departure from what our country actually stands for, and the true perversion is that their base actually believes their vote got “their country back”. Our country was built upon the principle that a population with diverse backgrounds and different opinions can thrive given freedoms and the right to govern themselves. And yesterday we rewarded the party that is restricting freedoms and refusing to govern alongside those with different opinions.

A dark day, indeed.
You are an idiot, no wonder you don't share your thoughts often. The darkness lies between your ears, I listened to many Trump speeches, you obviously haven't heard one. His message is a positive one and getting the economy going again, lifting up all people.

All you know about him is the hateful caricature depicted by media outlets, cartoon and comedy shows. Republicans in general welcome all and don't believe people should need special goodies from government based on the gender or skin color. The racism is all yours.

Of course you could be a Republican trying to make lefties look stupid, superior and intolerant but they didn't need the help.

Hi Mike, this is the introduction section. We are suppose to just say hello here. If you would like commentary on your tripe, you may wish to post it in the political section. The sooner the better, straightening out your misconceptions will take sometime and effort. Take vitamins.
So quick with the insults. Thank you for reinforcing my point.

:slap: did you read the OP? Good lord

If you consider that insults, I strongly recommend against venturing out into the actual board.

I rarely post online. I’m not one to announce my thoughts to the digital world. I say the following knowing those on the other side of the aisle will find in inflammatory, but please know that is not my intent. To quote “The American President”, “America is advanced citizenship”. I believe that means that in order to earn our democracy, we must listen responsibly and strive to reach compromise. It is through this lens that I cannot understand last night’s decision.

I have lived most of my life in two states; one very Republican and the other very liberal. The past year, my Facebook feed has been representative of the divide from which our country is suffering. I know people I love and respect on both sides, as I assume many of you do as well.

Since Obama’s victory in 2008, I’ve watched the Republican Party devolve into a mixture of anger, racism, and sexism. I’ve watched the Republican Congress refuse to work with our President and other Democrats. I’ve watched atrocious rhetoric spewed in the name of our country and patriotism.

And this is where the biggest contradiction exists in the Republican Party; how can a party tout patriotism when its actions and rhetoric are the complete opposite? How can you claim patriotism when you refuse to govern? When you refuse to even try to understand the marginalized populations in this country? How can you claim patriotism when you refuse to compromise? Refuse to evaluate Supreme Court nominations? Patriotism is not just a pretty word to be used during the campaign trail to rile up a base – a base that is becoming alarmingly misinformed. Patriotism exists when you stand up for the principles upon which this country was founded, and it’s strengthened when doing so is at odds with your own beliefs. I no longer see this type of patriotism, this type of courage, in the Republican Party.

Republicans are attacking human rights, such as marriage equality; rights guaranteed by the Constitution through the clear separation of church and state. And they do so because it doesn’t align with their beliefs. Patriots realize that the Constitution trumps their individual beliefs, and they fight to preserve those rights. These rights should not be political, but the bedrock of our democracy.

Republicans are threatening the very fabric of freedom from religious persecution. Trump called for a Muslim band to rousing applause. Patriots protect religious freedom rather than persecute an entire population due to the actions of a few. His ban was to capitalize on fear and fuel anger. A patriot has the courage to resist fear and see through anger.

Republicans have been fanning the flames of racial divide. Leaders of a country are required to lead all and protect the “life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness” of each individual. To turn a blind eye to the marginalization of black America, or build a wall because of a stereotype, is to divide us. A true patriot guides us through it.

Yesterday was a dark day in our country’s history. Trump ran on a platform of hate, of us vs. them, and many Americans have a right to be worried. Our democracy is weakened because we chose against what the framers intended. It signifies a stark departure from what our country actually stands for, and the true perversion is that their base actually believes their vote got “their country back”. Our country was built upon the principle that a population with diverse backgrounds and different opinions can thrive given freedoms and the right to govern themselves. And yesterday we rewarded the party that is restricting freedoms and refusing to govern alongside those with different opinions.

A dark day, indeed.

Welcome and kiss my rebel ass.

A dark day, indeed.
You are an idiot, no wonder you don't share your thoughts often. The darkness lies between your ears, I listened to many Trump speeches, you obviously haven't heard one. His message is a positive one and getting the economy going again, lifting up all people.

All you know about him is the hateful caricature depicted by media outlets, cartoon and comedy shows. Republicans in general welcome all and don't believe people should need special goodies from government based on the gender or skin color. The racism is all yours.

Of course you could be a Republican trying to make lefties look stupid, superior and intolerant but they didn't need the help.

A dark day, indeed.

I've listened to many Trump speeches. And if you honestly believe that his rhetoric is positive, than the darkness does not lay between my ears. I used to be a Republican and switched because of the course they are charting. And it's fitting that you claim Republicans are so accepting, then throw out insults. This comment section is filled with people proving my point.

I wish more people could be open to challenging themselves to different views, like our framers intended. To condescend as quickly as you have because you've read a differing opinion makes you a bigot, not someone who is furthering our democracy.

This guy wouldn't know self awareness if it penetrated his vagina

I've listened to many Trump speeches. And if you honestly believe that his rhetoric is positive, than the darkness does not lay between my ears. I used to be a Republican and switched because of the course they are charting. And it's fitting that you claim Republicans are so accepting, then throw out insults. This comment section is filled with people proving my point.

I wish more people could be open to challenging themselves to different views, like our framers intended. To condescend as quickly as you have because you've read a differing opinion makes you a bigot, not someone who is furthering our democracy.
Your post was absolutely flooded with condescending and insulting remarks and here you are protesting what I said? It's true. And no way in hell have you watch a Trump speech and reached the conclusions you did.

I'm not a Republican, I'm a conservative and I said the party invites all in, which it does. How does that translate to me not shoving your bullshit back atcha? Your depth of analysis isn't even grade school level.

:lol:

Now who is using insults and attempting to stop debate?

Our Framers were not challenging people to be open to differing views. They were attempting to unify folks into a new nation. They enumerated individual rights, outlined the limited role of federal government, described rights reserved to the states and emphasized all remaining rights were reserved to the people.

A dark day, indeed.

You nailed it. "And this is where the biggest contradiction exists in the Republican Party; how can a party tout patriotism when its actions and rhetoric are the complete opposite?"

You can see from the replies here that conservatives do not operate on reason. There entire world is based on emotion. Faux News, Dimbaugh, O'reily all appeal soley to emotion. And these people have no morals, no compass. They have been so conditioned to an 'us vs them' world that they reject anything that isn't 'them'. Anything.

They are not Americans anymore, their political party is their only god. The Republican Politburo.

Ignore the whining negative posters on this thread, they do not have the ability to reason through an argument or discussion. They, like those in 1933 Germany, cheer the darkness.

A dark day, indeed.

Where to begin?

Conservatives within the GOP have largely been ignored. The representatives they elect are sent to Washington for a said purpose, such as balance budgets, or at least try, or at least pass a budget, or perhaps secure the border. Instead, they do anything but what they have said they were going to do.

The reaction? Trump.

Now conservatives believe in what is called a limited government. This is a foreign concept to many. It is the idea that people can govern their lives just fine and don't need to be told such things as whom they should marry. In fact, many conservatives don't think that government should be in such affairs as marriage at all.

Call us crazy. We just want the government to do their job which is to pass an actual budget and not go $20 trillion into debt doing it, while keeping us safe from foreign threats abroad and criminals at home. That is your perception of a group of people who you think don't want to be governed.

It happens when you start out that way. Have an adult walk you through your introduction and point out your insults, smears and allegations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Topics

Forum List

Back