A Country Not Salvageable Nor, Many Say Quietly, Worth Saving

Deplorable Yankee

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2019
DIXIE
Snip

What fun, what entertainment. And rare: One seldom sees the collapse of a landmark society in a rush of wondrous idiocy. Would I could sell tickets. Don’t look at it as a loss, but as a show, an unwanted but grand amusement.

The coup de grace in our ripening decadence is the current uprising purportedly, though implausibly, over racism. But never mind. The causes don’t matter. The deal is done.

Still, it is interesting to recognize that the protesters are, perhaps deliberately, confusing the incapacity of blacks with systemic racism. In truth, America has made the greatest effort ever essayed by one race to uplift another. Reflect: In 1954 an entirely white Supreme Court unanimously ended segregation. Later it found the use of IQ tests by employers illegal because blacks scored poorly, then found “affirmative action,” racial discrimination against whites, legal (hardly oppression of blacks, this). An overwhelmingly white Congress passed the Civil Rights Act in 1964, the Voting Rights Act the next year. A white President sent troops to Little Rock to enforce desegregation. There has been an enormous flow of charity to blacks: Section Eight Housing, AFDC, Head Start, hiring quotas, set-asides, sharply lowered standards in police and fire departments. We now have free breakfasts for black children, then free lunches, in addition to outright welfare. In aggregate they resemble a distributed guaranteed basic income. Which is interesting.

These measures sprang from the best of intentions. Most I think should continue. I for one do not want to evict blacks from public housing or have their children go hungry. Yet none of these programs has had its desired effect.

Gee ya think !?...hummmm I wonder why
Read it all at link

He's fed up angwy..some pretty good stuff in there though

id8otboomerslet it happen.jpg

I agree that the United States of America has a very grim "future."

Because of dramatic demographic changes, I do not think that the United States can continue to have a reasonably honest, efficient, and organized government at the local, state, or federal level.

I remember that a pastor during the 2008 election campaign asked God to damn America. It does seem that God has granted his wish.

Last edited:
I saved this. It does paint a grim picture. A truthful picture in the same category of Camp Of The Saints.

Snip

What fun, what entertainment. And rare: One seldom sees the collapse of a landmark society in a rush of wondrous idiocy. Would I could sell tickets. Don’t look at it as a loss, but as a show, an unwanted but grand amusement.

The coup de grace in our ripening decadence is the current uprising purportedly, though implausibly, over racism. But never mind. The causes don’t matter. The deal is done.

Still, it is interesting to recognize that the protesters are, perhaps deliberately, confusing the incapacity of blacks with systemic racism. In truth, America has made the greatest effort ever essayed by one race to uplift another. Reflect: In 1954 an entirely white Supreme Court unanimously ended segregation. Later it found the use of IQ tests by employers illegal because blacks scored poorly, then found “affirmative action,” racial discrimination against whites, legal (hardly oppression of blacks, this). An overwhelmingly white Congress passed the Civil Rights Act in 1964, the Voting Rights Act the next year. A white President sent troops to Little Rock to enforce desegregation. There has been an enormous flow of charity to blacks: Section Eight Housing, AFDC, Head Start, hiring quotas, set-asides, sharply lowered standards in police and fire departments. We now have free breakfasts for black children, then free lunches, in addition to outright welfare. In aggregate they resemble a distributed guaranteed basic income. Which is interesting.

These measures sprang from the best of intentions. Most I think should continue. I for one do not want to evict blacks from public housing or have their children go hungry. Yet none of these programs has had its desired effect.

Gee ya think !?...hummmm I wonder why
Read it all at link

He's fed up angwy..some pretty good stuff in there though

View attachment 355714
I have to laugh at white people like this. For example this fool talks about the Brown case while ignoring the years of white backlash in states that refused to follow the law. 14 years after that decision the Kerner Commission stated that white racism was the cause of problems in black communities. 2 years ago, the Economic Policy Institute stated that in the 50 years since Kerner, there has been little progress, yet this idiot runs his mouth.

There are more whites on welfare dunce cap, all that uplifting of blacks didn't happen.

New Topics

Forum List

Back