A convicted felon can run for president but they are not allowed to vote

rac123

Feb 24, 2021
It’s one of the most preposterous things in American politics that a CONVICTED FELON can hold the NUCLEAR CODES and therefore has the potential to cause mass destruction and death but he can’t vote.

It’s one of the most preposterous things in American politics that a CONVICTED FELON can hold the NUCLEAR CODES and therefore has the potential to cause mass destruction and death but he can’t vote.

If the people want to elect a convicted felon like the Unabomber or Soros to office, who are we to say they shouldn't be allowed to?

But the problem is in electoral integrity. If such an individual were elected, the election needs to be on the up and up. Nowadays, a large number of Americans have no confidence that elections are legit, as the manufacturers refuse to address the questions. Maybe they are legit, but they should be happy to be transparent.

I thought having a felony disqualified you from becoming President.

I thought having a felony disqualified you from becoming President.

Not at all.

The US Constitution lists the qualifications for President, and criminal record is not of the them.

No Person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President; neither shall any person be eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty five Years, and been fourteen Years a Resident within the United States.

As long as their fines are paid and the case is closed then they should be able to vote.

Also a person who could never get a TS clearance can be president or be a chairperson on an congressional intelligence committee.
These are rules that are in place for a reason.
Democrats for the most part are communists.....and they don't want our nation to be secure.
They also made sure that the SCOTUS wouldn't address securing our elections....so they could get any butthead elected.

Why shouldn't they be able to run and hold a public office? Hasn't there been a big push by the left to allow them to vote? If they can vote, why can't they have all their other rights?

If the people want to elect a convicted felon like the Unabomber or Soros to office, who are we to say they shouldn't be allowed to?

But the problem is in electoral integrity. If such an individual were elected, the election needs to be on the up and up. Nowadays, a large number of Americans have no confidence that elections are legit, as the manufacturers refuse to address the questions. Maybe they are legit, but they should be happy to be transparent.
the leftists idiots did elect a felon for office--they are ok with ''''''THIS"""" felon--but not someone who has never committed a crime = Mr Trump

the leftists idiots did elect a felon for office--they are ok with ''''''THIS"""" felon--but not someone who has never committed a crime = Mr Trump
AND--AND--his son died of DRUGS!!!!! and he was messing around--ok for HIM, but not Mr Trump = they are hypocrites and racists

well I agree transparently should be the hallmark for good governance in aspects, that is from the electoral process to actual governing.
Recent law suits launched by Smartmatic and Dominion should give us that goal.

My post on this subject was a bit rushed but my point was that convicted felons while incarcerated as of August 2020 in 48 states can not vote yet even from prison a person can run for Congress or the presidency . IF YOU CAN’T VOTE FROM PRISON why should you have the opportunity to hold the highest office in the land?

What is the difference between a convicted felon and a president? a conviction..

Felons who have served their time should be allowed to vote…

… and carry loaded, belt-fed machine guns in every school and courthouse in America.

AND--AND--his son died of DRUGS!!!!! and he was messing around--ok for HIM, but not Mr Trump = they are hypocrites and racists

Excuse me! What crime has anyone been convicted for who holds any office in either party?

You're uninformed. I am a convicted felon and I legally vote.

Might you be a leftist?

What is the difference between a convicted felon and a president? a conviction..

we are always hearing about amend the constitution for this or for that. There are good reasons Americans should consider constitutional amendments. WOMEN’S Suffrage Act for instance.
It would seem to me that if a jury of ones peers consider a person guilty of a crime to the extent that they would elect to take that person’s freedom away , then given that person the NUCLEAR CODES couldn’t be in SOCIETIES BEST INTEREST.

You're uninformed. I am a convicted felon and I legally vote.

There are still states that prohibit it, any require a fine be paid after release. Many prohibit util both parole and probation is satisfied. But as I mentioned to another poster my point goes more to those still incarcerated. I agree if you’ve paid your debt to society then you should have your rights restored.

Might you be a leftist?

As long as their fines are paid and the case is closed then they should be able to vote.
We are able to vote. The thread is major misinformation

New Topics

Forum List

Back