A conservative "education" verses a "liberal" education

R

rdean

He is "over educated".

Seems those with degrees have no "common sense".

Science is a "faith".

Scientists are in it "for the money".

Most inventors never went to college.

Most millionaires never went to college.

Most business owners never went to college.

Believe it or not, it's "belief" that is the root cause of the right wing holding these positions.

Science is a "faith".
Evolution is merely a "theory" (meaning a guess, a "belief")
Climate change is a lie (a way for scientists to make money)

What's confusing about what the right wing expects for the future is how they expect to get there. Or even where "there" is.

When you talk about "competition" to a right winger, what do you think it means to them? If you don't need an education to compete, what is the competition? What are you competing for? How are you competing? How will you know if you are 'winning" and "what is winning"?

I know the right wing wants to make sure this jobs bill never happens because they say it won't create jobs. Which it won't, if it never happens.

The right says if we remove regulations from companies and end their taxes, they will make jobs. We are at the lowest tax rate in decades. If taxes for corporations go to zero and if taxes for the wealthy go to zero and they still don't make jobs, what's next? What's plan B?

He is "over educated".

Science is a "faith".

Believe it or not, it's "belief" that is the root cause of the right wing holding these positions.

Science is a "faith".

What's confusing about what the right wing expects for the future is how they expect to get there. Or even where "there" is.

When you talk about "competition" to a right winger, what do you think it means to them? If you don't need an education to compete, what is the competition? What are you competing for? How are you competing? How will you know if you are 'winning" and "what is winning"?

I know the right wing wants to make sure this jobs bill never happens because they say it won't create jobs. Which it won't, if it never happens.

The right says if we remove regulations from companies and end their taxes, they will make jobs. We are at the lowest tax rate in decades. If taxes for corporations go to zero and if taxes for the wealthy go to zero and they still don't make jobs, what's next? What's plan B?

This never gets old...

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

He is "over educated".

Science is a "faith".

Science is a "faith".

slave labor

He is "over educated".

If you have a PhD in Medieval English Literature and are working at Mc Donalds it is pretty safe to say you are over educated, even if you are a woman.

If they had common sense they wouldn't get a degree in Midieval English Lit.

Science is a "faith".

Aren't you the guy that posted a link to a "science blog" that talked about CO@ attracting asteroids? If that is not faith I have no idea what is.

Ever talk to a student guidance counselor? Don't they encourage people to get into science for the career opportunities? Doesn't that equate to going after the money?

May or may not be true. College does not teach you how to invent, but it might help with filling out the paperwork.

Wait a second here. Didn't you argue just a bit ago about scientists not being in it for the money? Why are we talking about people that are obviously in it for the money now?

Most business owners who went to college were in it for the money.

When you say that you are actually expressing a belief yourself.

Science is a "faith".

Science is faith. Faith in the ability of man to understand the universe. Faith in the ability of people to explain that understanding to others, and to build upon it so that each new generation is more informed than the previous. Faith in the giants that went before who allow us to climb on their shoulders so we can see further than they ever imagined.

It being a theory does not mean it is not true, just that it is not proven. Why do you have trouble understanding that?

It is certainly a way for Al Gore to make money. My guess is that the scientists he helps fund see it somewhat the same way if they are honest. That does not make climate change false though, it just makes them human, and honest.

I have not seen anyone that is able to accurately describe where the future is. They cannot even explain where the past is, we really do not understand enough about space-time to explain either concept.

I love pointing out the obvious, the only people that think education is about competing are those that are in it for the money. The rest of us see education as a means to pass knowledge on to our children.

What about the left wing who does not think the jobs bill will actually create jobs? Are they right, wrong, or right wing?

If that ever happens we will have to admit you are right. If I were you I would get behind it just to rub our noses in the truth. Are you smart enough to do that, or will you simply continue to insist on fixing it by raising taxes and imposing more regulations?

He is "over educated".

Science is a "faith".

Science is a "faith".

Are you ranting about QW again?

don't you mean "versus"....?

maybe not....you were pretty one-sided....

I don't bother "studying" every single word. If it's good enough for spell check, it's good enough for me.

And "verses" is a word, perhaps not the right one, but a word none the less.

I notice there wasn't a lot you could disagree with. Hmmm.

Taking bets: "How many posts before this ends up in the Romper Room?".

Place your bets, ladies and gentleman.

As he touts his liberal education he confuses verses with versus.

Oh.... the irony.

They do it every time.

Please, you didn't notice it until someone pointed it out.

You would do better explaining why you think Republicans are not anti education. Unless it's true that they are. And we both know they are. pity

I don't bother "studying" every single word. If it's good enough for spell check, it's good enough for me.

And "verses" is a word, perhaps not the right one, but a word none the less.

I notice there wasn't a lot you could disagree with. Hmmm.

No need to, your uninformed use of the English language says it all. If you're the product of a liberal education, then I'll take mine which obviously taught me the difference between versus and verses, like in grade school.

And sorry Sparky, proper word usage matters. At your rate, you'd never get out of Junior Division English in College.... well, maybe a liberal arts college you would.

:lol:

Last edited:

New Topics

Forum List

Back