A Conservative Comes to Terms with the Corona Virus

I don't think anybody has an easy answer as to how to handle this crisis. On one hand we can't allow the economy to tank. On the other we can't allow the virus to spread. I don't envy the people who have to make those decisions.

How about being pro life?

Is money really worth more than people and our nation?

Do you have so little faith in the American people that you don't think we can beat this and come back stronger?

We put men on the moon. We put rovers on mars. We built the best nation in the world.

We can do it again.

It will take hard work but everything that is worth while takes work.

My cousin died in the bath tub ... I don't want people to stop bathing.

Yes, people are going to die from CV. They are going to die from car accidents, falling off ladders, and infected paper cuts.

I'm not if favor of tanking the economy and putting millions out of work to prevent them.

How much money and how many people?

It's an equation...

6-mathematicia.jpg

I don't think anybody has an easy answer as to how to handle this crisis. On one hand we can't allow the economy to tank. On the other we can't allow the virus to spread. I don't envy the people who have to make those decisions.

Do you have so little faith in the American people that you don't think we can beat this and come back stronger?

We put men on the moon. We put rovers on mars. We built the best nation in the world.

We can do it again.

I know what you are saying, but let's be real. WE didn't put a man on the moon...NASA did it. We got warning on aids, but that didn't stop it from continuing in much larger numbers than when the warnings came out. We are told to stay home and practice social distancing

The beaches in Florida were packed with kids practicing spring break. So just how bad does it have to be for the country to start obeying the scientists and the president? Granted, most of us are, but "most" isn't enough. There's many people in the medical profession giving with their lives. If people thought about THAT, maybe they would follow the rules.

Thank you First Responders and the Medical teams!!!

We can do it again.

It will be a fine balancing act. I think what we're doing now is a good thing, but how much further do we take it? Do we extend the closure of non-essential businesses for months longer?

Would it really be so easy to go back to work and live as normal while the corpses stack up like cord wood and everyone lives in fear of falling victim to the deadly virus? Pay attention to how the virus is manifesting in America, land of 40%+ obesity, chronic illness and super inflammatory standard American diet - inflammation response being the driver of cytokine storm, a primary cause of covid 19 deaths. See it’s not the virus that kills you - virus has no motive to kill its host. It’s the complications from the immune response to virus that kills you - and how your immune system responds depends a lot on underlying health and diet. Where did the first healthy baby die from covid19? In America, this week. First baby in the world to die of covid19. A large number (40%) of critical care covid19 patients in America are ‘healthy’ younger people in their 20s, 30s, 40s - the disease will kill far more young folks here, it won’t be just the elders. We are not a healthy society, and that will be reflected in our death toll and in the makeup of the corpses.

Still think the economy is so important? As long as a person is alive, s/he can recover from financial ruin. Dead is forever.

Would it really be so easy to go back to work and live as normal while the corpses stack up like cord wood and everyone lives in fear of falling victim to the deadly virus?

The thing is ... corpses aren't stacking up like cord wood and everyone isn't in fear of falling victim to a deadly virus.

It's difficult to think about individuals.

I had to ask myself, what if my wife died of the virus. I'd be upset.

At the same time, I am not convinced this lockdown is doing what it is supposed to do.

Have they even tried breaking down the mortality rate by age group?

I still dont think the percentages are reliable, but if the AVERAGE in the USA is 1%, and we know it is much less if you're 20 than 60, I'd like to see the mortality rate at 60 and 80. Not sure those numbers exist yet though.

My cousin died in the bath tub ... I don't want people to stop bathing.

Yes, people are going to die from CV. They are going to die from car accidents, falling off ladders, and infected paper cuts.

I'm not if favor of tanking the economy and putting millions out of work to prevent them.
Because I'm now among the laid off, I've been using the time doing some much needed yard work. A couple days ago I got a nasty prick from a rose bush. That night it became badly swollen. I was worried it was infected. It wasn't. But if i died from that rose Bush (it does happen), would they attribute my unnecessary death to the effects of the virus?

We can do it again.

If we shutdown the nation, we may save quite a few people dying from the virus, but we may then lose them to suicide and or hopelessness as they lose everything around them.

Forum List

Back