A Change to the way we replace Supreme Court Justices

My plan

1) The Chief Justice of the Supreme Court remains a lifetime appointment.
2) The eight associate justices serve 16 year terms. At the end of those 16 years they may be reappointed but they have to be confirmed by the Senate again.
3) Any of the eight associate justices who die or resign during their 16 years will have one appointed to replace them but ONLY until the end of the departing justices 16 year term. Then they must be reappointed and reconfirmed.

4) This would start in the odd number years. A justice in 2025, 2027,, 2029 and so on.

5) This would mean that absent an unexpected death, a one term president would be able to appoint two and only two justices to the court or three if the Chief Justice happened to die or step down.

A two term president would be able to appoint four and only four justices to the court or five if the chief just happened to die or step down.

I feel the predictability of Supreme Court vacancies would help take some of the political edge off the current process, not to mention the unseemliness of one side praying that a justice stays alive while the other side hopes that they die.

Opinions?
the problem is dems and repubes have made the SCOTUS a pissing contest by putting in liberal or conservative choices when it should be constitutionalist,,,

other than that our system is fine the way it is,,,
You said constitutionalist. Thats a dirty word man
I did not know that,,,
Could you not tell? These hacks hate the constitution.

Criminals changed the founders laws

The founders said only the wise to vote

The criminals democrats changed their real laws
Filthy ass repubs helped. They have depleting our liberty for generations

Again only the rinos who helps democrats

Democrats are the abortion party which is a slam dunk as the most harmful people on earth
Now the election will be declared a fraud and John Roberts cannot now stop trump from stopping the deep state

A 4 to 4 tie cannot stop trump
Like those true republicans that voted for an unconstitutional stimulus bill? Unconstitutional NSA? Unconstitutional war powers?
Get outta here
dont forget the patriot act,,,the biggest violation of the constitution in the countries history,,,

My plan

2) The eight associate justices serve 16 year terms. At the end of those 16 years they may be reappointed but they have to be confirmed by the Senate again.
3) Any of the eight associate justices who die or resign during their 16 years will have one appointed to replace them but ONLY until the end of the departing justices 16 year term. Then they must be reappointed and reconfirmed.

4) This would start in the odd number years. A justice in 2025, 2027,, 2029 and so on.

5) This would mean that absent an unexpected death, a one term president would be able to appoint two and only two justices to the court or three if the Chief Justice happened to die or step down.

A two term president would be able to appoint four and only four justices to the court or five if the chief just happened to die or step down.

I feel the predictability of Supreme Court vacancies would help take some of the political edge off the current process, not to mention the unseemliness of one side praying that a justice stays alive while the other side hopes that they die.

Opinions?
the problem is dems and repubes have made the SCOTUS a pissing contest by putting in liberal or conservative choices when it should be constitutionalist,,,

I did not know that,,,

the republicans have done their fair share of pissing on the constitution,,,

Only the rinos

Now the election will be declared a fraud and John Roberts cannot now stop trump from stopping the deep state

It's three, three.

My plan

Opinions?

I did not know that,,,

the republicans have done their fair share of pissing on the constitution,,,

Only the rinos

It's three, three.

Wrong ... now we have 8 justices with 8 votes

If Roberts goes with the liberals it will be just a tie 4 to 4.

And trump cannot be stopped

If congress says NO and trump says yes

Trump cannot be stopped since he has the military and the men who voted more for republicans than democrats

My plan

Opinions?
First of all, you should be smart enough to realize that this subject belongs in the Constitution discussion board, not Politics.

The Supreme Court should be made up of at least one jurist from each state. Really the Senate should be, so as to be closer to the Founders' original intention of representing the states (constitutions and laws).

Last edited:
LOL you realize that would require a Constitutional Amendment right?
No shit?!?!?!
You think he needed your help to figure that out???
What did he need to write to let it be known that he realizes it needs to be an amendment???
LOL :laughing0301:
I know that not all jarheads are a brilliant as you.

Last edited:
My plan

Opinions?
First of all, you should be smart enough to realize that this subject belongs in the Constitution discussion board, not Politics.

The Supreme Court should be made up of at least one jurist from each state. Really the Senate should be, so as to be closer to the Founders' original intention of representing the states (constitutions and laws).
The constitution gives congress gives congress the power to set up the Supreme court.

My plan

Opinions?

The constitution gives congress gives congress the power to set up the Supreme court.
However the Constitution prescribes how long a judge sits.

Forum List

Back