A Change to the way we replace Supreme Court Justices

Dayton3

Gold Member
May 3, 2009
My plan

1) The Chief Justice of the Supreme Court remains a lifetime appointment.
2) The eight associate justices serve 16 year terms. At the end of those 16 years they may be reappointed but they have to be confirmed by the Senate again.
3) Any of the eight associate justices who die or resign during their 16 years will have one appointed to replace them but ONLY until the end of the departing justices 16 year term. Then they must be reappointed and reconfirmed.

4) This would start in the odd number years. A justice in 2025, 2027,, 2029 and so on.

5) This would mean that absent an unexpected death, a one term president would be able to appoint two and only two justices to the court or three if the Chief Justice happened to die or step down.

A two term president would be able to appoint four and only four justices to the court or five if the chief just happened to die or step down.

I feel the predictability of Supreme Court vacancies would help take some of the political edge off the current process, not to mention the unseemliness of one side praying that a justice stays alive while the other side hopes that they die.

Opinions?

My plan

2) The eight associate justices serve 16 year terms. At the end of those 16 years they may be reappointed but they have to be confirmed by the Senate again.
3) Any of the eight associate justices who die or resign during their 16 years will have one appointed to replace them but ONLY until the end of the departing justices 16 year term. Then they must be reappointed and reconfirmed.

4) This would start in the odd number years. A justice in 2025, 2027,, 2029 and so on.

5) This would mean that absent an unexpected death, a one term president would be able to appoint two and only two justices to the court or three if the Chief Justice happened to die or step down.

A two term president would be able to appoint four and only four justices to the court or five if the chief just happened to die or step down.

I feel the predictability of Supreme Court vacancies would help take some of the political edge off the current process, not to mention the unseemliness of one side praying that a justice stays alive while the other side hopes that they die.

Opinions?
the problem is dems and repubes have made the SCOTUS a pissing contest by putting in liberal or conservative choices when it should be constitutionalist,,,

other than that our system is fine the way it is,,,

My plan

Opinions?
the problem is dems and repubes have made the SCOTUS a pissing contest by putting in liberal or conservative choices when it should be constitutionalist,,,

You said constitutionalist. Thats a dirty word man

The reason it got so heated is Roe v. Wade, which turned control of the Supreme Court into a fight over whether or not we get to murder unborn babies in the womb.

My plan

Opinions?

I did not know that,,,

Now the election will be declared a fraud and John Roberts cannot now stop trump from stopping the deep state

A 4 to 4 tie cannot stop trump

My plan

Opinions?

See article 5 of the Constitution. Good luck.

My plan

Opinions?

I did not know that,,,
Could you not tell? These hacks hate the constitution.

My plan

Opinions?

I did not know that,,,
ginsberg openly admitted she didnt like it,,,

My plan

Opinions?

I did not know that,,,

Criminals changed the founders laws

The founders said only the wise to vote

The criminals democrats changed their real laws

My plan

Opinions?

I did not know that,,,

the republicans have done their fair share of pissing on the constitution,,,

My plan

Opinions?

I did not know that,,,

Only the rinos

Now the election will be declared a fraud and John Roberts cannot now stop trump from stopping the deep state

My plan

Opinions?

I did not know that,,,

Yeah, roberts pops up immediately.

My plan

Opinions?

I did not know that,,,

Only the rinos

NOPE,,,it was the establishment republicans,,,the rinos are people like cruz,lee and a few others,,,

My plan

Opinions?

I did not know that,,,

Filthy ass repubs helped. They have depleting our liberty for generations

My plan

Opinions?

I did not know that,,,

Again only the rinos who helps democrats

Democrats are the abortion party which is a slam dunk as the most harmful people on earth

My plan

Opinions?

I did not know that,,,

Democrats are the abortion party which is a slam dunk as the most harmful people on earth

after all the decades of the same platform they are the establishment republicans not rinos,,,

My plan

Opinions?

I did not know that,,,

Like those true republicans that voted for an unconstitutional stimulus bill? Unconstitutional NSA? Unconstitutional war powers?
Get outta here

Forum List

Back