A bodega worker arrested for murder? Video in the link

Theowl32

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2013
Surveillance video captures the moment a Manhattan bodega worker allegedly stabbed a customer to death after the enraged man came around the counter and attacked him over a bag of chips.

I mean he was clearly defending himself from a feral ape.

Clearly, you see a feral ape attacking this elderly man.

Last edited:
Unlike most people on here, I tend to read the links before posting my opinion on what happened................

My opinion is that the clerk should not be charged with murder, he was simply defending his store with what he had from someone who appears to be trying to rob him.

According to the article, a woman walked into the store to buy a bag of chips, didn't have enough money to buy them, then when told no, she stormed out and contacted the man who was stabbed.

The man walked into the store, tried to take the chips, and the clerk grabbed what he had available to use to defend his store. A scuffle ensued, and the man was stabbed out of sight of the camera. The clerk then backed up in view of the camera with a bloody knife. The stabbed man was taken to the hospital, where he died from his injuries.

Now, if the clerk had continued to stab the man, there MIGHT be a call for him to be charged with murder, but he didn't. He stabbed the man, which resulted in the man ceasing to attack, and then backed off. The clerk was defending the store, and shouldn't be charged with murder, rather it should be considered a case of self defense.

Just my 2 cents.

I had to look up what a bodega worker in NYC is. Never heard of that application before.

Guess you've never been in a place with a high concentration of Hispanics living there. I've seen bodegas (and heard people working in them called bodega workers), all over this country, from places like Denver CO, to just about anywhere in Texas and New Mexico.

Guess you've never been in a place with a high concentration of Hispanics living there. I've seen bodegas (and heard people working in them called bodega workers), all over this country, from places like Denver CO, to just about anywhere in Texas and New Mexico.
I've lived here in the southwest for a decade now, high Hispanic concentrations. Never heard of that word usage before now.

Unlike most people on here, I tend to read the links before posting my opinion on what happened................

My opinion is that the clerk should not be charged with murder, he was simply defending his store with what he had from someone who appears to be trying to rob him.

According to the article, a woman walked into the store to buy a bag of chips, didn't have enough money to buy them, then when told no, she stormed out and contacted the man who was stabbed.

The man walked into the store, tried to take the chips, and the clerk grabbed what he had available to use to defend his store. A scuffle ensued, and the man was stabbed out of sight of the camera. The clerk then backed up in view of the camera with a bloody knife. The stabbed man was taken to the hospital, where he died from his injuries.

Now, if the clerk had continued to stab the man, there MIGHT be a call for him to be charged with murder, but he didn't. He stabbed the man, which resulted in the man ceasing to attack, and then backed off. The clerk was defending the store, and shouldn't be charged with murder, rather it should be considered a case of self defense.

Just my 2 cents.

It might come down to whether deadly force is legal to "defend your store".

Can't say I know enough about NY law to know the answer to that question

Self defense is actually known as “justification.” To warrant the defense of justification in NY for the use of deadly physical force, the law generally requires that the use of such force be reasonably perceived as being “necessary” to defend against an attack where the person initially attacked is facing serious physical injury or death. The reasonableness is tested both objectively and subjectively. A jury generally gets to make that call.

The analysis is complicated by a requirement to retreat if one can do so in complete safety. Here it is also complicated by the possession of the knife with a blade length of over four inches. That blade length makes it a per se weapon by legal definition in NY (city). I’m assuming the blade is too long from the looks of it on tape.

I suspect NY’ers are unlikely to convict the worker at a trial. I wouldn’t be shocked at a plea regarding the knife though.

This is just support for the idea black people have that they are entitled to commit any crime they want. The belief is that they should be given and not charged for anything at all as a form of reparations.

This is just support for the idea black people have that they are entitled to commit any crime they want. The belief is that they should be given and not charged for anything at all as a form of reparations.
From people who've never owned slaves for people who've never been slaves.

Such logic comes from left wing education who never addresses the Trans Sahara slave trade and never educate students for some reason that at least 5 native American tribes owned slaves (I guess only blacks) and fought for the confederacy.

So....that particular negro is now in hell as a result of being led there by such false teaching from people who only use minorities as political pawns and their "civil rights leaders" as the useful idiots they are.

Sadness. Pathetic and sad.

Forum List

Back