A black teen ran out with a $2 beer. Then a Tennessee store clerk followed him and shot him dead

We don't murder people over a $2 beer. If Harris had come at him in a threatening manner that would be a different story, but he didn't. Ghazali chased him out of the store and gunned him down. He was wrong.
I second this. If the fugitive had to be shot, to me, a bullet in the leg would've been sufficient enough instead of somewhere more life ending.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Let the kid get away with it. He will be back. Then in fear for your life pop him right between the eyes instead of in the back.

We don't murder people over a $2 beer. If Harris had come at him in a threatening manner that would be a different story, but he didn't. Ghazali chased him out of the store and gunned him down. He was wrong.
I second this. If the fugitive had to be shot, to me, a bullet in the leg would've been sufficient enough instead of somewhere more life ending.

God bless you always!!!

Holly
Heaven's no. A cripple can sue for lifetime benefits. Death is one time and a 17 year old criminal isn't worth much.

A jury found a grocery clerk guilty of killing a 17-year-old boy who ran out of the store with a beer he didn't pay for in Memphis, Tennessee, in a case that had sparked protests, authorities said.

Anwar Ghazali was convicted of second-degree murder after a four-day trial, Shelby County District Attorney General Amy Weirich said Friday.

"This defendant took it upon himself to be the judge and jury and the executioner over a $2 beer," prosecutor Lora Fowler said, according to CNN affiliate WMC.

The shooting happened in March 2018, after Dorian Harris walked out of the Top Stop Shop with a beer without paying, Weirich said.

Security video of the incident played in court shows that Ghazali, while behind the counter dealing with another customer, pulled out a handgun and pointed it at Harris. He then ran outside to follow the teen and fired several times.

Afterward, he returned to the store and told a witness, "I think I shot him." He did not call the police, and neither did any other customer inside the store, WMC reported.

Harris was shot at least three times and was left to bleed out, Fowler said. His body was found two days later in a yard near the store with gunshots in the back of his thigh, Weirich said.

Ghazali's defense attorney, Blake Ballin, told CNN in an email that Ghazali maintains he acted recklessly that night but his intention was never to harm Harris.

He said they were pleased that the jury rejected the prosecution's argument that this was a calculated and premeditated murder motivated by the theft of a beer. That would have come with a potential life sentence.

Ghazali is expected to be sentenced on September 23.

Read more at msn.com

images

2 lessons learned here...Dorian will never steal another beer, nor will he ever taste a cold one again.....2nd lesson, I have found a new respect for the hard working Muslim man that tried to do the RIGHT THING and was fucked by the system....Years ago Anwar would have been given the citizen of the month award ..... what a shame!

^^^ Only if they truly end up being disabled and even if they do end up being handicapped, that form of situation only starts with their own illegal choice of action. If you don't have it in you to suffer the consequences, don't go doing the crime in the first place.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. To me, the kid's being unarmed is what makes all of the difference.

A jury found a grocery clerk guilty of killing a 17-year-old boy who ran out of the store with a beer he didn't pay for in Memphis, Tennessee, in a case that had sparked protests, authorities said.

Anwar Ghazali was convicted of second-degree murder after a four-day trial, Shelby County District Attorney General Amy Weirich said Friday.

"This defendant took it upon himself to be the judge and jury and the executioner over a $2 beer," prosecutor Lora Fowler said, according to CNN affiliate WMC.

The shooting happened in March 2018, after Dorian Harris walked out of the Top Stop Shop with a beer without paying, Weirich said.

Security video of the incident played in court shows that Ghazali, while behind the counter dealing with another customer, pulled out a handgun and pointed it at Harris. He then ran outside to follow the teen and fired several times.

Afterward, he returned to the store and told a witness, "I think I shot him." He did not call the police, and neither did any other customer inside the store, WMC reported.

Harris was shot at least three times and was left to bleed out, Fowler said. His body was found two days later in a yard near the store with gunshots in the back of his thigh, Weirich said.

Ghazali's defense attorney, Blake Ballin, told CNN in an email that Ghazali maintains he acted recklessly that night but his intention was never to harm Harris.

He said they were pleased that the jury rejected the prosecution's argument that this was a calculated and premeditated murder motivated by the theft of a beer. That would have come with a potential life sentence.

Read more at msn.com

images

2 lessons learned here...Dorian will never steal another beer, nor will he ever taste a cold one again.....2nd lesson, I have found a new respect for the hard working Muslim man that tried to do the RIGHT THING and was fucked by the system....Years ago Anwar would have been given the citizen of the month award ..... what a shame!
And your point is ... what ... ? stealing a beer should result in a death penalty?

Read more at msn.com

images

And your point is ... what ... ? stealing a beer should result in a death penalty?
How about you act like a black thug expect the worst from a righteous muslim....who wasn't afraid to confront a thief, nor worry about being called racist by a shit like you...I know, you didn't call him racist...but you would have if Anwar was white....so predictable

A few years ago one of the Korean store owners shot and killed a teen girl who stole an orange juice. The Korean had been shoplifted almost to bankruptcy. So much had been stolen that she couldn't afford to restock. Fed up with the entitlement to steal she shot the next little thief.

It isn't an orange juice. It isn't a beer. It's someone's life being bled off. Why? Because of a perception among a certain race that they have a right to steal. Michael Brown felt the same way. He had a right yo steal Swisher Sweets. He's dead too. Good riddance to them both.

Read more at msn.com

images

How about you act like a black thug expect the worst from a righteous muslim....who wasn't afraid to confront a thief, nor worry about being called racist by a shit like you...I know, you didn't call him racist...but you would have if Anwar was white....so predictable
And the murderer is face 60 years in prison.

and you didn't answer the question... you think stealing a beer should result in a death penalty?

Read more at msn.com

images

Jesus fucking Christ! That's baaa---nanas :banana:

Read more at msn.com

images

Dorian Harris stole beer, walked out of the store never brandishing a weapon or made threats. The brainless clerk Ghazali followed him outside shot him from BEHIND, then leave him for dead doesn't call the police or ambulance. That is criminal stupidity to be so callous and wrong in his actions.

There was ZERO self defense situation to justify killing someone from behind, who was walking away.

Read more at msn.com

images

and you didn't answer the question... you think stealing a beer should result in a death penalty?
Of course....you kill enough thieves your thief problem will disappear....logic, you seem to be missing it!

Read more at msn.com

images

Dorian Harris stole beer, walked out of the store never brandishing a weapon or made threats. The brainless clerk Ghazali followed him outside shot him from BEHIND, then leave him for dead doesn't call the police or ambulance. That is criminal stupidity to be so callous and wrong in his actions.

There was ZERO self defense situation to justify killing someone from behind, who was walking away.
Why do you need a self defense, defense with a theif.... and you have a good link to what that upstanding Muslim man did?

Two lives finished over a can of beer.

Proof, yet again, there are a great number of people in society whose brains aren't functioning properly.

Read more at msn.com

images

Of course....you kill enough thieves your thief problem will disappear....logic, you seem to be missing it!
And the killers go to prison.

But at least you admit you're demented enough to think murder is the appropriate response to stealing a beer. It shows just how fucked in the head you are.

There should be a punishment for petty theft. If you object to the death penalty then cut off a hand. Or at least cane them. Singapore has no theft problem. It never becomes a problem The thief gets caned or whipped. They don't do it again.

Read more at msn.com

images

But at least you admit you're demented enough to think murder is the appropriate response to stealing a beer. It shows just how fucked in the head you are.
You are the ones who pushed the system to this point. There are people who do not tolerate crime. You love another's culture until it disagrees with you. I noticed this man's group and Asians tend to defend their humble business abodes a lot more then white people do. Perhaps your infection on them is not as pronounced.

Read more at msn.com

images

Didnt Michael Brown, another black thug thief get killed for stealing, what was it cigars?.....You let scum get away with the little shit they are empowered to continue on their criminal paths, such as punching a cop in the face and breaking his eye socket!....but bleeding hearts find this hard to understand!

Undoubtedly another lack of parental supervision and thinking their minority status will protect them from harsh repercussions!

Awful situation all around.

Many lives ruined.

Stealing isn’t worth a life. Don’t steal.

Forum List

Back