PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
March 4, 1933

radio-broadcast-Franklin-D-Roosevelt-September-1934.jpg

Inauguration of U.S. President Franklin D. Roosevelt
On this day in 1933, in the midst of the Great Depression, Franklin D. Roosevelt was inaugurated as the 32nd U.S. president, and later he led the country out of the Depression and to victory in World War II.
Britannica.com

[He didn't lead the country out of the Depression....he extended it.]

With the hopes of millions of Americans in his pocket, Franklin Roosevelt began his life-time presidency.

1. The hagiography and idol-worship leaves out all understanding of his times...and what he actually said and did. So...here I am to save the day!

2. The basis of FDR's 1932 campaign to win the presidency from Herbert Hoover was his emphatic promise to the suffering American people, that he would balance the budget. Of course, he also promised that he would use the government to create jobs, and that they "had a right to a comfortable living."
http://www.heritage.org/initiatives/first-principles/primary-sources/fdrs-commonwealth-club-address

3.The part about balancing the budget had a certain resonance as President Harding had veered sharply away from federal spending and solved as big a recession in about one year. Certainly Franklin Roosevelt knew this, as he hammered away at Hoover's spending. October 19, 1932, he nailed Hoover, observing that in recent years federal expenses had increased by $1 billion "and that I may add, is the most reckless and extravagant past that I have been able to discover in the statistical record of any peacetime Government anywhere, any time."
http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/?pid=88399

Roosevelt went further! The cause: "It arises from one cause only and that is the unbalanced budget at he continued failure of this administration to take effective steps to balance it! If that budget had been fully and honestly balanced in 1930, some of the 1931 troubles would have been avoided. Even if it had been balanced in 1931, much of the extreme dip in 1932 would have been obviated. Every financial man in the country knows why this is true."
http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/?pid=88399

b. And this: "... carrying out the plain precept of our Party, which is to reduce the cost of current Federal Government operations by 25 percent." Ibid.

Well....to begin with, in March of 1933, he didn't fill his cabinet with persons committed to a balanced budget. A pretty much poke 'in your eye.'

Nah....instead the bunch put together the huge spending and administrative expansion of his first hundred day, Douglas knew the real deal.

Roosevelt expanded the federal government and ran up deficits much greater than those of Hoover.

So...instead of ending a recession.....he created the Great Depression....and extended it by years!

Last edited:
He averaged 20% unemployment and would have continued until his fellow Progressive Hitler conquered France thus beginning a US wartime economy

Roosevelt expanded the federal government and ran up deficits much greater than those of Hoover.

So...instead of ending a recession.....he created the Great Depression....and extended it by years!
As a Keynesian, it seems to me that increased deficit spending was exactly the right move in a depression. Likewise, deficit spending during a boom is a risky move.

In 1933, a movie was made by supporters of FDR, with the backing of William Randolph Hurst. Made specifically to open on Roosevelt's inauguration weekend, "Gabriel Over The White House"

Gabriel_Over_the_White_House.jpg

In it, a Hoover-esque US President goes into a coma after an auto accident, he awakes to be possessed by the Angel Gabriel and the spirit of Abraham Lincoln.

In the film, the newly awoke President suspends the powers of Congress, creates a private army of ex-servicemen, relocates hundreds of thousands to obligatory farm work, and suspends trial by jury for gangsters. In the end, he declares to the nations of the world either they disarm, or face annihilation from America's super weapon, which turns out to be aerial bombers.

The film is a love letter to a 'benevolent' dictatorship that many wanted FDR to implement.

When studio head Louis Mayer finally saw the film, after attending the Los Angeles premiere, "Mayer was furious, telling his lieutenant, 'Put that picture back in its can, take it back to the studio, and lock it up!'"

Yet, even with the recent history of borrowing to spend D and R continue to borrow to spend- amazing.

In 1933, a movie was made by supporters of FDR, with the backing of William Randolph Hurst. Made specifically to open on Roosevelt's inauguration weekend, "Gabriel Over The White House"

Gabriel_Over_the_White_House.jpg

In it, a Hoover-esque US President goes into a coma after an auto accident, he awakes to be possessed by the Angel Gabriel and the spirit of Abraham Lincoln.

In the film, the newly awoke President suspends the powers of Congress, creates a private army of ex-servicemen, relocates hundreds of thousands to obligatory farm work, and suspends trial by jury for gangsters. In the end, he declares to the nations of the world either they disarm, or face annihilation from America's super weapon, which turns out to be aerial bombers.

The film is a love letter tho a 'benevolent' dictatorship that many wanted FDR to implement.

When studio head Louis Mayer finally saw the film, after attending the Los Angeles premiere, "Mayer was furious, telling his lieutenant, 'Put that picture back in its can, take it back to the studio, and lock it up!'"

That is really interesting....thank you.

In light of FDR's desire to swim with the other sharks, his pals Hitler and Mussolini, and his BFF Stalin, that is more than pertinent.

I've studied a great deal about Roosevelt, and have concluded that he meant to extend the Depression to increase his power and diminish the role of the Constitution.

Yet, even with the recent history of borrowing to spend D and R continue to borrow to spend- amazing.

I'm hoping that this presages a second term policy:

“Trump Budget Cuts Size of Federal Government,
President Donald Trump’s proposed budget for fiscal year 2021 would reduce the size and reach of the federal bureaucracy significantly by shifting government responsibilities back to constitutional priorities and empowering state and local governments. These reforms, contained in the request Trump sent Monday morning to Congress, would put the budget on track to balance and represent a significant first step toward reducing spending and stabilizing the nation’s unsustainable debt.” Trump Budget Cuts Federal Government, but Bolder Reforms Needed

As a Keynesian, it seems to me that increased deficit spending was exactly the right move in a depression. Likewise, deficit spending during a boom is a risky move.

The basis of FDR's 1932 campaign to win the presidency from Herbert Hoover was his emphatic promise to the suffering American people, that he would balance the budget.

President Harding had veered sharply away from federal spending and solved as big a recession in about one year.

Since experience proved that keeping his promise would have worked.....why do you suppose he never intended to do so?

Even Keynes told Roosevelt not to make capitalism the enemy:

John Maynard Keynes, in a letter published in the NYTimes, December 31, 1933, warned “ even wise and necessary Reform may, in some respects, impede and complicate Recovery. For it will upset the confidence of the business world and weaken their existing motives to action.” Even Keynes saw the danger in treating the nation’s capitalists as an enemy, as “the unscrupulous money changers,” as FDR called them in his first Inaugural.

FDR came into office March 4th of 1933.

On November 16, 1933, President Roosevelt rushed to embrace....recognize...the USSR. If this act, based on FDR's additional pro-Soviet endeavors, was rational....then these folks must have been irrational: "Four Presidents and their six Secretaries of State for over a decade and a half held to this resolve," i.e., refusal to recognize the Soviet government. That was written by Herbert Hoover, one of those four Presidents. He wrote it in his "Freedom Betrayed: Herbert Hoover's Secret History of the Second World War and Its Aftermath"by George H. Nash, published posthumously, obviously, in 2011, pg 24-29.

Here is the question: was Roosevelt aware of the homicidal pathology of communism, and if so, shouldn't he have considered same as a reason to put off recognition until he persuaded a change in those policies?

a. He knew.
Eight months earlier, journalist Gareth Jones had exposed Stalin's Terror Famine:
"In the train a Communist denied to me that there was a famine. I flung a crust of bread which I had been eating from my own supply into a spittoon. A peasant fellow-passenger fished it out and ravenously ate it."
Gareth Jones journalist - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

b. Malcolm Muggeridge "was the first writer to reveal the true nature of Stalin s regime when in 1933 he exposed the terror famine in the Ukraine. "
Amazon.com Time and Eternity The Uncollected Writings of Malcolm Muggeridge 9781570759055 Malcolm Muggeridge Nicholas Flynn Books

c. So FDR knew of the Terror Famine...designed and perpetrated by 'Uncle Joe,'...yet heenveloped Joe Stalin in " the cloak of his popularity..." Time Magazine, December 17, 1934.

OK....so Roosevelt knew the nature of the other side when he offered the partnership....entry into the accepted world community.
There can be no doubt that Roosevelt knew.

This is the reason for the thread title: Franklin Roosevelt opened the door to the cultural Marxism so prevalent in America today.

I'm hoping that this presages a second term policy:
You know what they say about hope, or wish- if there is a second term, and I have no reason to believe there won't be, it can and likely will be reversed after the second term. TPTB, will ensure, by whatever means necessary, and likely buy insurance for the purpose of balancing, just not the budget. The hegemony requires borrowing to spend to colonize the world (think military bases).
We're in a pattern of two terms for each act- they in effect balance each other keeping we the peasants appeased- that, IMO, makes this whole election nonsense a sham. It's an appeasement process.

Hell the D's ain't stupid, they are all highly educated and what they don't know they have people surrounding them who do know- yet, the best they have to offer is Orange Man Bad and trumped up charges (no pun intended)- really? Biden? Bernie? Warren? Bloomberg? Really?

I'm not a Democrat, or a Republican, but from little I saw Tulsi had more class in her finger nail clippings than the clowns taking center stage have collectively and she was ridiculed by that witch hillary- that does not reflect intelligent thinking- it reflects exactly what I believe- the fix is in and will continue to be as long as it can be gotten away with which will be as long as the partisans, on both sides, continue to play the game of divide and conquer with the crap slinging for distraction purposes.

Although Franklin Roosevelt was, intellectually, ideologically, and personally, unfit to be the American President, he did have a number of fine Americans in his administration....and one was Frances Perkins, sworn in on this day, as well.

8Td8oFxIr61YJ1SCr7t636w2w_u6XcCpbymdklpuncMi546VhAizPiBym2mDfAQEJqyci-lTsA8hFYDlicrZpdSg_f-rlYILpDBZO5v2kr5YUQYZsW3ZNv8fUwryRoPJVVU=s0-d-e1-ft

1933: Government official Frances Perkins was sworn in as U.S. secretary of labour in the administration of President Franklin Delano Roosevelt; she was the first woman appointed to a cabinet post.

Perkins recognized how inappropriate it was to impress Mussolini's Fascist economic plan on America (FDR called it 'the New Deal').

Roosevelt's economic guru, Rex Tugwell was opposed to any private business not controlled by the government. General Hugh Johnson was working with Tugwell on a bill to create the NRA, and gave Francis Perkins, U.S. Secretary of Laborfrom 1933 to 1945, the longest serving in that position, and thefirst womanappointed to theU.S. Cabinet, the book by Rafaello Viglione, "The Corporate State," in which the neat Italian system of dictatorship for the benefit of the people was glowingly described."
Francis Perkins, "The Roosevelt I Knew."

The NRA was copied from Mussolini's corporative system.

Perkins questioned whether Johnson 'really understood the democratic process..." New Dealers had no problem with the fascist nature of their plans.

" Fascism did not acquire an evil name in Washington
until Hitler became a menace to·the Soviet Union."

Manly, "The Twenty Year Revolution," p. 48

Forum List

Back