A AR Comes Home

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
About 20 years ago I "built" a carbine on a Rock River lower (pre-multi caliber) with a former LEO DPMS FA A2 upper with a 3-postion aluminum CAR stock and a A-1 grip.

A friend called and said he had a minty WW-1 era M1903 Springfield and said he would like to have a AR so I traded him.....I sorta regretted it, not due to value as I got a heck of a nice mil-surp but because it shot so well.....Time marched on and I forgot about it.

Today I saw the guy and he was asking if I wanted my old AR back because he had several other ARs now and wanted to get something else that he was looking at so I jumped on it. A trip to his house and $400.00 later and it was mine again. :)

Granted it's not much of a much in the AR world of today but I'm tickled to death to have got it back. It still had the old Colt 30-round mag in it I gave him. He said he shot it once and that was it. It was dry as a cob inside so I don't doubt it. Evidently Break Free does not last 20 years. ;)

ar 004 (2).JPG

About 20 years ago I "built" a carbine on a Rock River lower (pre-multi caliber) with a former LEO DPMS FA A2 upper with a 3-postion aluminum CAR stock and a A-1 grip.

A friend called and said he had a minty WW-1 era M1903 Springfield and said he would like to have a AR so I traded him.....I sorta regretted it, not due to value as I got a heck of a nice mil-surp but because it shot so well.....Time marched on and I forgot about it.

Today I saw the guy and he was asking if I wanted my old AR back because he had several other ARs now and wanted to get something else that he was looking at so I jumped on it. A trip to his house and $400.00 later and it was mine again. :)

Granted it's not much of a much in the AR world of today but I'm tickled to death to have got it back. It still had the old Colt 30-round mag in it I gave him. He said he shot it once and that was it. It was dry as a cob inside so I don't doubt it. Evidently Break Free does not last 20 years. ;)

View attachment 603233

Your bayonet lug is going to waste. :laughing0301:

View attachment 603233

I had the exact same barrel on a Colt upper that I had mated to an old SGW lower over thirty years ago. I have no idea where it is now. I sold it to a friend, who sold it to a friend, who died and then it drops off the radar.

Your bayonet lug is going to waste. :laughing0301:
Ha! Way ahead of you my man.....You should have known better. ;)

Actually I still had the Israeli TDI bayonet lug adaptor that was on the upper when I got it. Thanks for the reminder. I tossed in the AR small parts box all that time ago figuring I'd use it some day, never did.

I guess the cops used it to add a weapon light. A TLR-1 works just fine on it and oddly enough it's not all that user unfriendly for what it is.

Done and done. :)

t 001 (2).JPG

Ha! Way ahead of you my man.....You should have known better. ;)

Actually I still had the Israeli TDI bayonet lug adaptor that was on the upper when I got it. Thanks for the reminder. I tossed in the AR small parts box all that time ago figuring I'd use it some day, never did.

I guess the cops used it to add a weapon light. A TLR-1 works just fine on it and oddly enough it's not all that user unfriendly for what it is.

Done and done. :)

View attachment 603280

I meant a pointy-stabby thing instead of a britey-shiny thing.

Nothing says "fuck you mofo" better than a pointy-stabby thing on the end of a bangey-shootey thing.

:laughing0301:

I meant a pointy-stabby thing instead of a britey-shiny thing.

Nothing says "fuck you mofo" better than a pointy-stabby thing on the end of a bangey-shootey thing.

LOL....I guess the strobe function will have to do. ;)

Anyway I prefer my pointy-stabbys on shotguns.....Absolutely nothing says FU like a 12 ga with a bayonet except maybe a man with a Martini with some guts behind it.

6b6839be7255f2a709d64b51302cb357.jpg

LOL....I guess the strobe function will have to do. ;)

Anyway I prefer my pointy-stabbys on shotguns.....Absolutely nothing says FU like a 12 ga with a bayonet except maybe a man with a Martini with some guts behind it.

6b6839be7255f2a709d64b51302cb357.jpg

1645236860555.png

Forum List

Back