A Analysis of Systemic Racism in the United States: From It's Inception to Current Day - Exhibit A

Show me then. Show me when I have asked any white person here on this board or elsewhere, particularly you, to do anything for me. Show me where the only thing I have "in my pocket is hatred", I can wait because I know you'll not be able to produce anything however I'm not so arrogant as to believe that my words may have been misinterpreted, so prove me wrong.

You all keep making the same mistakes even when it's pointed out to you where your errors are. You are taking your biased opinions of black people and attempting to apply it me as well as the other African Americans who post here. You're not the only one though, most of the white racist here erroneously assume that BECAUSE I'm black I have a series of self-inflicted failures which have held me back in life or kept me from prospering.

None of you have any real clue of what I'm doing, so logically you can't then conclude that I'm "doing the same thing they did" whoever the hell "they" are and "therefore will only produce the same results".

The fact that none of you seem capable of conversing in a civil manner is more telling than you might imagine. I have ethical and professional constraints on how I can interact with others, even the most vile racists, but setting that aside, it would be hilarious if it weren't so pathetic that you believe I am trying to garner sympathy, pity or God forbid, "approval" from white racists.

We're all entitled to our opinions and I usually refrain from telling people that they're wrong because that's not place to do so, but since you made this specifically about me, then I will.

You're wrong about just everything single assertion you made in your last comment.

I didn't make any assertion about what you personally feel, and only towards what you posted.
The word "if" is a qualifier ... When combined in the phrase "If you" it means 'should it apply to you".
Any connection you want to apply to your personal condition, is a product of your desires, not mine.

You are the one that said people had the right to protest their grievances, and I never suggested they couldn't, or shouldn't.
You are the one that gave examples of what our ancestors (they) have done in the past ... I identified them as mistakes we shouldn't repeat.
I didn't even say you had to get the approval of white people, unless of course you wanted their help with anything.

What I posted to you was open ended, and allowed you the opportunities to make choices.
I am not trying to pigeon hole you, restrict your options, and make you do anything.

But Seriously ... If You ... Just want to be offended, and pursue a less than productive course of action ... Go Pound Sand ... :auiqs.jpg:

You're not fooling anyone, let alone me and anyone can go back read exactly what was posted. You were high and mighty and attempting to dictate to black people what we should be doing ("if you haven't filed a grievance")
Is the blacks hatred of Asians and Jews systemic?
Blacks don't hate Asians and Jews. Furthermore blacks have not created a "system" of treaties, laws, acts, policies, procedures and social mores which were created with the intention of favoring blacks at the expense of Asians and Jews.

Why do you racists ask these stupid ass questions?
If blacks dont hate asians and jews, why do they keep trying to kill them?
Maybe if you guys would spend your lives not just looking for things blacks do to talk your racist shit about, you'd find that it's whites like you doing most of it.
No, virtually all racial violence is perpetrated by black people.
I remember the first conversation I had with you. You were claiming that it was only black people that rioted and "burn down neighborhood" or something to that affect. I posted information regarding the Tulsa Race Riots in which a white mob of 3,000 torched the most affluent black community in the U.S. They looted the banks and store, burned down the only black hospital and the white hospital in the surrounding area wouldn't initially accept or help any black victims.

Your response was that it happened in another century, yet within the last few weeks we find that there are at least 3 survivors of that massacre yet you all with all the nastiness and evilness you can muster double down on the white rage and hatred that was demonstrated during that two day period.

Black people have been forgiving white racists for all of the heinous acts that have been inflicted upon us as a people for centuries - the lynchings, the church bombings, the cross burnings, false accusations, rape, murders, thefts and everything in between. Yet you all are incapable of having let alone demonstrating even the tiniest bit of compassion at all for what was done.

Where is the superiority in that?
Black people havent forgiven shit. Youre whining about it right now, as if any one alive today is to blame for it. The truth is, black people do FAR more raping and murdering today than anyone else, so spare me your lecture.

Also, the "Tulsa riot" is so far overblown that it is now a conspiracy theory. Those false claims about planes attacking have been debunked, and no "mass graves" have been found. Also, im certain i said that republicans dont riot. If there was a riot in Tulsa, then democrats are the ones to blame for it.
Careful, you're ignorance is showing. Conspiracy theory?

Ancestry.com, lots of interesting items on that site
Yeah, you people have made wild claims about fighter planes and mass graves without any proof..
No, the claims aren't false.
Lets see your proof then.
Now you're just outright lying. No one has said anything about fighter planes - you're getting your entities mixed up again like you did when you thought the Tuskegee Airmen where the men that medical experiments were conducted on by telling them they were being treated for syphilis when they were not, just so the doctors could study the mental deterioration that occurs in the advance stages of the disease. Imagine that, a disease that could be cured with penicillin but was withheld from them all while pretending they were being treated. That is some heinous crap and only the tip of the iceberg.

It was reported that the airplanes were dropping "turpentine balls" which I took to mean, something similar to a Molotov cocktail. Here is an excellent article which explains one of the sources of this information, one of the city's lawyers who lived through the massacre:
A Long-Lost Manuscript Contains a Searing Eyewitness Account of the Tulsa Race Massacre of 1921

A Long-Lost Manuscript Contains a Searing Eyewitness Account of the Tulsa Race Massacre of 1921​

An Oklahoma lawyer details the attack by hundreds of whites on the thriving black neighborhood where hundreds died 95 years ago​

A yellowed sheet of paper with typewriter text, titled The Tulsa Race Riot by B.C. Franklin
This first-person account by B.C. Franklin is titled "The Tulsa Race Riot and Three of Its Victims." It was recovered from a storage area in 2015 and donated to the Smithsonian's National Museum of African American History and Culture. (NMAAHC, Gift from Tulsa Friends and John W. and Karen R. Franklin)
By Allison Keyes

May 27, 2016

The ten-page manuscript is typewritten, on yellowed legal paper, and folded in thirds. But the words, an eyewitness account of the May 31, 1921, racial massacre that destroyed what was known as Tulsa, Oklahoma’s “Black Wall Street,” are searing.

“I could see planes circling in mid-air. They grew in number and hummed, darted and dipped low. I could hear something like hail falling upon the top of my office building. Down East Archer, I saw the old Mid-Way hotel on fire, burning from its top, and then another and another and another building began to burn from their top,” wrote Buck Colbert Franklin (1879-1960).​

The Oklahoma lawyer, father of famed African-American historian John Hope Franklin (1915-2009), was describing the attack by hundreds of whites on the thriving black neighborhood known as Greenwood in the booming oil town. “Lurid flames roared and belched and licked their forked tongues into the air. Smoke ascended the sky in thick, black volumes and amid it all, the planes—now a dozen or more in number—still hummed and darted here and there with the agility of natural birds of the air.”

Franklin writes that he left his law office, locked the door, and descended to the foot of the steps.

“The side-walks were literally covered with burning turpentine balls. I knew all too well where they came from, and I knew all too well why every burning building first caught from the top,” he continues. “I paused and waited for an opportune time to escape. ‘Where oh where is our splendid fire department with its half dozen stations?’ I asked myself. ‘Is the city in conspiracy with the mob?’”

Franklin’s harrowing manuscript now resides among the collections of the Smithsonian’s National Museum of African American History and Culture. The previously unknown document was found last year, purchased from a private seller by a group of Tulsans and donated to the museum with the support of the Franklin family.

In the manuscript, Franklin tells of his encounters with an African-American veteran, named Mr. Ross. It begins in 1917, when Franklin meets Ross while recruiting young black men to fight in World War I. It picks up in 1921 with his own eyewitness account of the Tulsa race riots, and ends ten years later with the story of how Mr. Ross’s life has been destroyed by the riots. Two original photographs of Franklin were part of the donation. One depicts him operating with his associates out of a Red Cross tent five days after the riots.

John W. Franklin, a senior program manager with the museum, is the grandson of manuscript’s author and remembers the first time he read the found document.

“I wept. I just wept. It’s so beautifully written and so powerful, and he just takes you there,” Franklin marvels. “You wonder what happened to the other people. What was the emotional impact of having your community destroyed and having to flee for your lives?”

B.C. Franklin Ardmore law offices
B.C. Franklin and his associates pose before his law offices in Ardmore, Oklahoma, 1910 (NMAAHC, Gift from Tulsa Friends and John W. and Karen R. Franklin)

The younger Franklin says Tulsa has been in denial over the fact that people were cruel enough to bomb the black community from the air, in private planes, and that black people were machine-gunned down in the streets. The issue was economics. Franklin explains that Native Americans and African-Americans became wealthy thanks to the discovery of oil in the early 1900s on what had previously been seen as worthless land.

“That’s what leads to Greenwood being called the Black Wall Street. It had restaurants and furriers and jewelry stores and hotels,” John W. Franklin explains, “and the white mobs looted the homes and businesses before they set fire to the community. For years black women would see white women walking down the street in their jewelry and snatch it off.”

Museum curator Paul Gardullo, who has spent five years along with Franklin collecting artifacts from the riot and the aftermath, says: “It was the frustration of poor whites not knowing what to do with a successful black community, and in coalition with the city government were given permission to do what they did.
You're complaining about black America's only contribution to science and medicine?!
No, I'm complaining about white racist assholes.
Too bad you can't seem to tell the difference between who is a racist, who is an asshole, and who is simply white.

You're complaining about black America's only contribution to science and medicine?!

Except that's not the only one.

Ask Boston about Onesimus.

Onesimus (late 1600s–1700s) was an African man who was instrumental in the mitigation of the impact of a smallpox outbreak in Boston, Massachusetts. His birth name is unknown. He was enslaved and, in 1706, was given to the New England Puritan minister Cotton Mather, who renamed him. Onesimus introduced Mather to the principle and procedure of inoculation to prevent the disease, which laid the foundation for the development of vaccines. After a smallpox outbreak began in Boston in 1721, Mather used this knowledge to advocate for inoculation in the population, a practice that eventually spread to other colonies. In a 2016 Boston magazine survey, Onesimus was declared one of the "Best Bostonians of All Time".

Sarcasm :rolleyes:
sarcasm
[ˈsärˌkazəm]

NOUN
  1. the use of irony to mock or convey contempt.
    "his voice, hardened by sarcasm, could not hide his resentment"

We're accustomed to the inequities in life
Yeah, I know, you have been on the receiving end of every hand-out program in the US for the last 57 years. Affirmative Action and now "disadvantaged farmers mortgage forgiveness," "covid 19 vaccines for POC, whites need not apply (this one is in your area), Identity-cloaking for murderers and thugs. (Black on Asian attacks, the murder of Ashlii Babbitt). We should all have it so rough.

No have no idea how I spend my time or more importantly why? And why are you concerned, you don't live here according to you/your profile.
Well, I am an American citizen and one who's obviously far better educated than you, so I get to have my say and fun. I guess you would call it white privilege, but so what?
Being an American citizen doesn't give you the right to meddle in other people's affairs. And last time we had this conversation, you weren't claiming American citizenship

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
most of the white racist here erroneously assume that BECAUSE I'm black I have a series of self-inflicted failures which have held me back in life or kept me from prospering.
So, how then have you been harmed? What about the legal standings to complain that you are so fond of referencing. All I see in your posts is nothing but racist hatred. Many black posters on here like to paint the entire country as racist--you are one. Until you quit reliving the terrible events of the past, you will have no future. YOU are in control of your future. YOU have lived a better life than most Americans from the past--based largely on the actions of those same predecessors. No one or no thing is perfect, past or present. Quit dwelling on the imperfections of the past and be thankful to God for the wonderful life we have been blessed with. Let your racist hatred go.
I don't deal in hatred, but the fact that you perceive the things that I say and have posted as hatred means you have no where else to go with this. And just for the record, I may not do this 100% of the time but I'm fairly consistent in making the distinction between white racists and white people in my comments. I am aware of the difference as are most if not all of the black posters on this board.

It has been stated repeatedly, that when white racists attack black people, whether physically, or financially or by lying on them and getting them fired, or causing a series of events that have a devastating impact on their life - that is racial hatred.

When black people then in turn complain, organization and strategize on ways to counter the racial hatred that we often find ourselves on the receiving end of, that's not racism. Even if there is animus against certain people or entities for harms they have caused to us individually or consistently to black people in general, that is still not racism or hatred. Instead it's targeted action in response to an injustice in most cases.

And we know, because you all follow a rather predictable pattern, that is when racist whites get the most agitated and are most likely to resort to destruction, up to and including killing black folks and anyone who has befriended, supported or assisted us. It is when we are making progress and doing things to counter their tactics that they begin to have feelings of great anxiety due to a perceived loss of power and control (MLK was assasinated, whites were killed in the south for registering blacks to vote, churches were bombed, people were lynched, black men dragged by rope behind pickup trucks, black congregants were shot & killed after welcoming a stranger into bible study class, well hopefully you get the picture).

This is not merely my opinion, this is text book psychology and actual documented American history but you don't have to take my word for it. Mediocre and subpar white males have been complaining about their [fears] of being replaced and becoming a minority in "their" America for the last few decades.

You are right though that we should all be grateful for the good things and people in our lives, I couldn't agree with you more. But in addition to doing that, I have an self-imposed obligation to try to help others who may not have access to the same knowledge bases that I do and even if you don't believe it, most of the people I assist and have helped are white, while most of the black people I have helped are women.

I don't dwell on the past, but I do study it and try to use what I learn to help understand and anticipate future pitfalls - you know predictive analytics and things of that nature. I don't always know what I'm looking for, sometimes it's just understanding but every now and again I will stumble across a piece of information that provides illumination to a whole different dataset or situation. It was more than five years ago when I first began debating what happened in the Tulsa Race riots and I was completely stunned to discover just within the last few weeks that there are 3 known survivors. I can't even express what just that fact alone means to me and I hope that before they leave this earth that someone somewhere will see to it that there is some measure of justice achieved on their behalf and everyone else who suffered through that hellscape.

So, truce?
Truce? I wasn't aware we were at war. If I was at war, we wouldn't be talking. You can twist yourself and your arguments in as many directions as you want. They still boil down to racist hatred. I have been wronged by many black people over my life and I just consider the source--the same as I do for the wrongs that I have endured from white people--and not surprisingly, they are about equal from both sides. I move on--I certainly don't paint all black people with the same brush as I use for the folks who have wronged me. I know the definition of equity and equality and I have NOT been on the receiving end of either over the last 57 years. I have however seen numerous laws past that are blatantly unequal and inequitable, more with the current regime than ever before. Until laws are passed to address people today--that would be all people--no qualifiers and no preferences, there will be no peace. As regards your racial hatred and racism--I agree with Freyasman's post #94.
Well you can't say I didn't try.

I have however seen numerous laws past that are blatantly unequal and inequitable, more with the current regime than ever before. Until laws are passed to address people today--that would be all people--no qualifiers and no preferences, there will be no peace.​
Well welcome to our fucking world - "no justice, no peace" as is often stated. We're accustomed to the inequities in life, but God forbid a black person politely ask a white person to comply with the laws or the rules and put on their mask or put their dog on a leash as required and all holy hell breaks lose and suddenly the offenders become the victims. Didn't you just admonish me that life isn't fair and while it's wrong for anyone to be denied their rights or mistreated or treated with violence, black people for the most part, respond differently than you all do. That why we spend time comparing notes, strategizing and trying to figure out the best way to overcome the obstacles that have intentionally (via legislation) been placed in our paths.

Because you haven't stated what you've experienced or what actions you've taken to try to rectify it I can't really comment one way or the other. I used to have a couple of friends who would call me everything some did something fucked up to them, usually in a professional setting like school or work, etc. and they would ask me for my advice yet every time I would advise them they would never implement by suggestions, to the point where I had to tell both of them to stop calling me and these complaints because they never do anything about them other than complain.

I have no idea what Freyasman has said that you agree with and I will probably find it sooner or later but I'm not going to make a point of doing so because he is a particular type of white male, one who hides behind his wife's pettycoats (that is a euphemism) and of necessity cannot be dealt with directly in a forum such as this.
I haven't been hiding behind anyone, you're just pissed at having your assumptions about people blown out of the water. Face it; you're a common racist...... you stereotype people you know nothing about and think you know what they're about based on skin color. And you try to hide your (rather obvious) bias and bigotry behind these verbose posts, as though we're all just dumb fucking rednecks who can't see right through your bullshit. :45:

My life and they way I live it express my beliefs and values; not what is said, what I do...... who my people are, who are my family, my tribe. The men and women who are welcome in my home, and whom I will stand with when it's time to get bloody, (and for me and mine, that's not hyperbole, we have done it, and will again, most likely).
Now you, you are nothing but words with no substance behind them. You deny being a racist and you deny being prejudiced against whites, but I bet if we looked at your life, we'd see different, wouldn't we?

And btw, plenty of folks have tried to deal with me "directly" over the years, lady, and all of them regretted trying........ well, except for the ones who died too fast to have a chance to.
If anything I have said pisses you off, you go right ahead and send any do-dirt nigg er you can find after me...... I'll leave his head on your front porch.
Are you finished thumping your chest yet?

About a year ago I gave some of your message board posting to one of my mentors so that they could draw up a profile for me on you and one other guy here who claims to be a North Carolina law enforcement officer. I made sure that he is aware of you stating that you're married to a black woman and that makes you believe you couldn't possibly be racist, and the fact that you've stated that you don't like black people of a certain "class". I also included the comments you've made about all of the people you've killed and your former military experiences.

Their assessment pretty much matched mine and just so there is no confusion, these guys are former military, some former law enforcement and they work in the "protection" field. Oh and they're not black so whatever fantasies you had going on in your mind about you killing some [racial slur], sorry to disappoint (not really) but then again, none of this is going to go the way you imagined.

Last edited:
We're accustomed to the inequities in life
Yeah, I know, you have been on the receiving end of every hand-out program in the US for the last 57 years. Affirmative Action and now "disadvantaged farmers mortgage forgiveness," "covid 19 vaccines for POC, whites need not apply (this one is in your area), Identity-cloaking for murderers and thugs. (Black on Asian attacks, the murder of Ashlii Babbitt). We should all have it so rough.
Wrong. YOU have benefitted from handouts all your life. Whites have recieved affirmative action since this place was a british colony. There is a reason "disadvantaged farmers mortgage forgiveness," is now on the planning table son and it is because of white affirmative action. Whites have got COVID vaccines, so you can't whine about that one either.

Get a grip son. Face reality. The America you talk about never existed.

Onesimus (late 1600s–1700s) was an African man who was instrumental in the mitigation of the impact of a smallpox outbreak in Boston, Massachusetts. His birth name is unknown. He was enslaved and, in 1706, was given to the New England Puritan minister Cotton Mather, who renamed him. Onesimus introduced Mather to the principle and procedure of inoculation to prevent the disease, which laid the foundation for the development of vaccines. After a smallpox outbreak began in Boston in 1721, Mather used this knowledge to advocate for inoculation in the population, a practice that eventually spread to other colonies. In a 2016 Boston magazine survey, Onesimus was declared one of the "Best Bostonians of All Time".

sarcasm
[ˈsärˌkazəm]

NOUN
Shut the fuuuuuuuuck up.

Show me then. Show me when I have asked any white person here on this board or elsewhere, particularly you, to do anything for me. Show me where the only thing I have "in my pocket is hatred", I can wait because I know you'll not be able to produce anything however I'm not so arrogant as to believe that my words may have been misinterpreted, so prove me wrong.

You all keep making the same mistakes even when it's pointed out to you where your errors are. You are taking your biased opinions of black people and attempting to apply it me as well as the other African Americans who post here. You're not the only one though, most of the white racist here erroneously assume that BECAUSE I'm black I have a series of self-inflicted failures which have held me back in life or kept me from prospering.

None of you have any real clue of what I'm doing, so logically you can't then conclude that I'm "doing the same thing they did" whoever the hell "they" are and "therefore will only produce the same results".

The fact that none of you seem capable of conversing in a civil manner is more telling than you might imagine. I have ethical and professional constraints on how I can interact with others, even the most vile racists, but setting that aside, it would be hilarious if it weren't so pathetic that you believe I am trying to garner sympathy, pity or God forbid, "approval" from white racists.

We're all entitled to our opinions and I usually refrain from telling people that they're wrong because that's not place to do so, but since you made this specifically about me, then I will.

You're wrong about just everything single assertion you made in your last comment.

I didn't make any assertion about what you personally feel, and only towards what you posted.
The word "if" is a qualifier ... When combined in the phrase "If you" it means 'should it apply to you".
Any connection you want to apply to your personal condition, is a product of your desires, not mine.

You are the one that said people had the right to protest their grievances, and I never suggested they couldn't, or shouldn't.
You are the one that gave examples of what our ancestors (they) have done in the past ... I identified them as mistakes we shouldn't repeat.
I didn't even say you had to get the approval of white people, unless of course you wanted their help with anything.

What I posted to you was open ended, and allowed you the opportunities to make choices.
I am not trying to pigeon hole you, restrict your options, and make you do anything.

But Seriously ... If You ... Just want to be offended, and pursue a less than productive course of action ... Go Pound Sand ... :auiqs.jpg:

You're not fooling anyone, let alone me and anyone can go back read exactly what was posted. You were high and mighty and attempting to dictate to black people what we should be doing ("if you haven't filed a grievance")
Blacks don't hate Asians and Jews. Furthermore blacks have not created a "system" of treaties, laws, acts, policies, procedures and social mores which were created with the intention of favoring blacks at the expense of Asians and Jews.

Maybe if you guys would spend your lives not just looking for things blacks do to talk your racist shit about, you'd find that it's whites like you doing most of it.
I remember the first conversation I had with you. You were claiming that it was only black people that rioted and "burn down neighborhood" or something to that affect. I posted information regarding the Tulsa Race Riots in which a white mob of 3,000 torched the most affluent black community in the U.S. They looted the banks and store, burned down the only black hospital and the white hospital in the surrounding area wouldn't initially accept or help any black victims.

Your response was that it happened in another century, yet within the last few weeks we find that there are at least 3 survivors of that massacre yet you all with all the nastiness and evilness you can muster double down on the white rage and hatred that was demonstrated during that two day period.

Black people have been forgiving white racists for all of the heinous acts that have been inflicted upon us as a people for centuries - the lynchings, the church bombings, the cross burnings, false accusations, rape, murders, thefts and everything in between. Yet you all are incapable of having let alone demonstrating even the tiniest bit of compassion at all for what was done.

Black people havent forgiven shit. Youre whining about it right now, as if any one alive today is to blame for it. The truth is, black people do FAR more raping and murdering today than anyone else, so spare me your lecture.

Also, the "Tulsa riot" is so far overblown that it is now a conspiracy theory. Those false claims about planes attacking have been debunked, and no "mass graves" have been found. Also, im certain i said that republicans dont riot. If there was a riot in Tulsa, then democrats are the ones to blame for it.

Yeah, you people have made wild claims about fighter planes and mass graves without any proof..
Now you're just outright lying. No one has said anything about fighter planes - you're getting your entities mixed up again like you did when you thought the Tuskegee Airmen where the men that medical experiments were conducted on by telling them they were being treated for syphilis when they were not, just so the doctors could study the mental deterioration that occurs in the advance stages of the disease. Imagine that, a disease that could be cured with penicillin but was withheld from them all while pretending they were being treated. That is some heinous crap and only the tip of the iceberg.

It was reported that the airplanes were dropping "turpentine balls" which I took to mean, something similar to a Molotov cocktail. Here is an excellent article which explains one of the sources of this information, one of the city's lawyers who lived through the massacre:
A Long-Lost Manuscript Contains a Searing Eyewitness Account of the Tulsa Race Massacre of 1921

A Long-Lost Manuscript Contains a Searing Eyewitness Account of the Tulsa Race Massacre of 1921​

An Oklahoma lawyer details the attack by hundreds of whites on the thriving black neighborhood where hundreds died 95 years ago​

A yellowed sheet of paper with typewriter text, titled The Tulsa Race Riot by B.C. Franklin
This first-person account by B.C. Franklin is titled "The Tulsa Race Riot and Three of Its Victims." It was recovered from a storage area in 2015 and donated to the Smithsonian's National Museum of African American History and Culture. (NMAAHC, Gift from Tulsa Friends and John W. and Karen R. Franklin)
By Allison Keyes

May 27, 2016

The ten-page manuscript is typewritten, on yellowed legal paper, and folded in thirds. But the words, an eyewitness account of the May 31, 1921, racial massacre that destroyed what was known as Tulsa, Oklahoma’s “Black Wall Street,” are searing.

“I could see planes circling in mid-air. They grew in number and hummed, darted and dipped low. I could hear something like hail falling upon the top of my office building. Down East Archer, I saw the old Mid-Way hotel on fire, burning from its top, and then another and another and another building began to burn from their top,” wrote Buck Colbert Franklin (1879-1960).​

The Oklahoma lawyer, father of famed African-American historian John Hope Franklin (1915-2009), was describing the attack by hundreds of whites on the thriving black neighborhood known as Greenwood in the booming oil town. “Lurid flames roared and belched and licked their forked tongues into the air. Smoke ascended the sky in thick, black volumes and amid it all, the planes—now a dozen or more in number—still hummed and darted here and there with the agility of natural birds of the air.”

Franklin writes that he left his law office, locked the door, and descended to the foot of the steps.

“The side-walks were literally covered with burning turpentine balls. I knew all too well where they came from, and I knew all too well why every burning building first caught from the top,” he continues. “I paused and waited for an opportune time to escape. ‘Where oh where is our splendid fire department with its half dozen stations?’ I asked myself. ‘Is the city in conspiracy with the mob?’”

Franklin’s harrowing manuscript now resides among the collections of the Smithsonian’s National Museum of African American History and Culture. The previously unknown document was found last year, purchased from a private seller by a group of Tulsans and donated to the museum with the support of the Franklin family.

In the manuscript, Franklin tells of his encounters with an African-American veteran, named Mr. Ross. It begins in 1917, when Franklin meets Ross while recruiting young black men to fight in World War I. It picks up in 1921 with his own eyewitness account of the Tulsa race riots, and ends ten years later with the story of how Mr. Ross’s life has been destroyed by the riots. Two original photographs of Franklin were part of the donation. One depicts him operating with his associates out of a Red Cross tent five days after the riots.

John W. Franklin, a senior program manager with the museum, is the grandson of manuscript’s author and remembers the first time he read the found document.

“I wept. I just wept. It’s so beautifully written and so powerful, and he just takes you there,” Franklin marvels. “You wonder what happened to the other people. What was the emotional impact of having your community destroyed and having to flee for your lives?”

B.C. Franklin and his associates pose before his law offices in Ardmore, Oklahoma, 1910 (NMAAHC, Gift from Tulsa Friends and John W. and Karen R. Franklin)

The younger Franklin says Tulsa has been in denial over the fact that people were cruel enough to bomb the black community from the air, in private planes, and that black people were machine-gunned down in the streets. The issue was economics. Franklin explains that Native Americans and African-Americans became wealthy thanks to the discovery of oil in the early 1900s on what had previously been seen as worthless land.

“That’s what leads to Greenwood being called the Black Wall Street. It had restaurants and furriers and jewelry stores and hotels,” John W. Franklin explains, “and the white mobs looted the homes and businesses before they set fire to the community. For years black women would see white women walking down the street in their jewelry and snatch it off.”

Museum curator Paul Gardullo, who has spent five years along with Franklin collecting artifacts from the riot and the aftermath, says: “It was the frustration of poor whites not knowing what to do with a successful black community, and in coalition with the city government were given permission to do what they did.
Too bad you can't seem to tell the difference between who is a racist, who is an asshole, and who is simply white.
She can tell and she does so very well.

most of the white racist here erroneously assume that BECAUSE I'm black I have a series of self-inflicted failures which have held me back in life or kept me from prospering.
So, how then have you been harmed? What about the legal standings to complain that you are so fond of referencing. All I see in your posts is nothing but racist hatred. Many black posters on here like to paint the entire country as racist--you are one. Until you quit reliving the terrible events of the past, you will have no future. YOU are in control of your future. YOU have lived a better life than most Americans from the past--based largely on the actions of those same predecessors. No one or no thing is perfect, past or present. Quit dwelling on the imperfections of the past and be thankful to God for the wonderful life we have been blessed with. Let your racist hatred go.
I don't deal in hatred, but the fact that you perceive the things that I say and have posted as hatred means you have no where else to go with this. And just for the record, I may not do this 100% of the time but I'm fairly consistent in making the distinction between white racists and white people in my comments. I am aware of the difference as are most if not all of the black posters on this board.

It has been stated repeatedly, that when white racists attack black people, whether physically, or financially or by lying on them and getting them fired, or causing a series of events that have a devastating impact on their life - that is racial hatred.

When black people then in turn complain, organization and strategize on ways to counter the racial hatred that we often find ourselves on the receiving end of, that's not racism. Even if there is animus against certain people or entities for harms they have caused to us individually or consistently to black people in general, that is still not racism or hatred. Instead it's targeted action in response to an injustice in most cases.

And we know, because you all follow a rather predictable pattern, that is when racist whites get the most agitated and are most likely to resort to destruction, up to and including killing black folks and anyone who has befriended, supported or assisted us. It is when we are making progress and doing things to counter their tactics that they begin to have feelings of great anxiety due to a perceived loss of power and control (MLK was assasinated, whites were killed in the south for registering blacks to vote, churches were bombed, people were lynched, black men dragged by rope behind pickup trucks, black congregants were shot & killed after welcoming a stranger into bible study class, well hopefully you get the picture).

This is not merely my opinion, this is text book psychology and actual documented American history but you don't have to take my word for it. Mediocre and subpar white males have been complaining about their [fears] of being replaced and becoming a minority in "their" America for the last few decades.

You are right though that we should all be grateful for the good things and people in our lives, I couldn't agree with you more. But in addition to doing that, I have an self-imposed obligation to try to help others who may not have access to the same knowledge bases that I do and even if you don't believe it, most of the people I assist and have helped are white, while most of the black people I have helped are women.

I don't dwell on the past, but I do study it and try to use what I learn to help understand and anticipate future pitfalls - you know predictive analytics and things of that nature. I don't always know what I'm looking for, sometimes it's just understanding but every now and again I will stumble across a piece of information that provides illumination to a whole different dataset or situation. It was more than five years ago when I first began debating what happened in the Tulsa Race riots and I was completely stunned to discover just within the last few weeks that there are 3 known survivors. I can't even express what just that fact alone means to me and I hope that before they leave this earth that someone somewhere will see to it that there is some measure of justice achieved on their behalf and everyone else who suffered through that hellscape.

So, truce?
Truce? I wasn't aware we were at war. If I was at war, we wouldn't be talking. You can twist yourself and your arguments in as many directions as you want. They still boil down to racist hatred. I have been wronged by many black people over my life and I just consider the source--the same as I do for the wrongs that I have endured from white people--and not surprisingly, they are about equal from both sides. I move on--I certainly don't paint all black people with the same brush as I use for the folks who have wronged me. I know the definition of equity and equality and I have NOT been on the receiving end of either over the last 57 years. I have however seen numerous laws past that are blatantly unequal and inequitable, more with the current regime than ever before. Until laws are passed to address people today--that would be all people--no qualifiers and no preferences, there will be no peace. As regards your racial hatred and racism--I agree with Freyasman's post #94.
Well you can't say I didn't try.

I have however seen numerous laws past that are blatantly unequal and inequitable, more with the current regime than ever before. Until laws are passed to address people today--that would be all people--no qualifiers and no preferences, there will be no peace.​
Well welcome to our fucking world - "no justice, no peace" as is often stated. We're accustomed to the inequities in life, but God forbid a black person politely ask a white person to comply with the laws or the rules and put on their mask or put their dog on a leash as required and all holy hell breaks lose and suddenly the offenders become the victims. Didn't you just admonish me that life isn't fair and while it's wrong for anyone to be denied their rights or mistreated or treated with violence, black people for the most part, respond differently than you all do. That why we spend time comparing notes, strategizing and trying to figure out the best way to overcome the obstacles that have intentionally (via legislation) been placed in our paths.

Because you haven't stated what you've experienced or what actions you've taken to try to rectify it I can't really comment one way or the other. I used to have a couple of friends who would call me everything some did something fucked up to them, usually in a professional setting like school or work, etc. and they would ask me for my advice yet every time I would advise them they would never implement by suggestions, to the point where I had to tell both of them to stop calling me and these complaints because they never do anything about them other than complain.

I have no idea what Freyasman has said that you agree with and I will probably find it sooner or later but I'm not going to make a point of doing so because he is a particular type of white male, one who hides behind his wife's pettycoats (that is a euphemism) and of necessity cannot be dealt with directly in a forum such as this.
I haven't been hiding behind anyone, you're just pissed at having your assumptions about people blown out of the water. Face it; you're a common racist...... you stereotype people you know nothing about and think you know what they're about based on skin color. And you try to hide your (rather obvious) bias and bigotry behind these verbose posts, as though we're all just dumb fucking rednecks who can't see right through your bullshit. :45:

My life and they way I live it express my beliefs and values; not what is said, what I do...... who my people are, who are my family, my tribe. The men and women who are welcome in my home, and whom I will stand with when it's time to get bloody, (and for me and mine, that's not hyperbole, we have done it, and will again, most likely).
Now you, you are nothing but words with no substance behind them. You deny being a racist and you deny being prejudiced against whites, but I bet if we looked at your life, we'd see different, wouldn't we?

And btw, plenty of folks have tried to deal with me "directly" over the years, lady, and all of them regretted trying........ well, except for the ones who died too fast to have a chance to.
If anything I have said pisses you off, you go right ahead and send any do-dirt nigg er you can find after me...... I'll leave his head on your front porch.
Are you finished thumping your chest yet?

About a year ago I gave some of your message board posting to one of my mentors so that they could draw up a profile for me on you and one other guy here who claims to be a North Carolina law enforcement officer. I made sure that he is aware of you stating that you're married to a black woman and that makes you believe you couldn't possibly be racist, and the fact that you've stated that you don't like black people of a certain "class". I also included the comments you've made about all of the people you've killed and your former military experiences.

Their assessment pretty much matched mine and just so there is no confusion, these guys are former military, some former law enforcement and they work in the "protection" field. Oh and they're not black so whatever fantasies you had going on in your mind about you killing some [racial slur], sorry to disappoint (not really) but then again, none of this is going to go the way you imagined.
A lot of "former" qualifiers in there, btw; why is that I wonder? :cool:

I honestly think you might be obsessive and petty enough to have done something like that, lol.

I'm also quite sure your bias determined the info you gave them.

And I truly don't care.

"sorry to disappoint (not really) but then again, none of this is going to go the way you imagined."
Exactly what is it you think I am imagining when I tell you to quit making excuses for racist groups intent on provoking a suicidal race war in my country?

Because that's what I see you doing here all the time.

sarcasm
[ˈsärˌkazəm]

NOUN
Shut the fuuuuuuuuck up.
Go fuck yourself, you racist piece of shit.

By Allison Keyes

May 27, 2016

She can tell and she does so very well.
Doesn't seem like it.

So, truce?
"that when white racists attack black people, whether physically, or financially or by lying on them and getting them fired, or causing a series of events that have a devastating impact on their life - that is racial hatred."

And the same thing is happening in reverse.

And when this is done by black racists to white people, do you ever object to it?
Do you ever call it out, or even acknowledge it?
Anyone else notice she hasn't even attempted to answer these questions?

:cool:

So, truce?
"that when white racists attack black people, whether physically, or financially or by lying on them and getting them fired, or causing a series of events that have a devastating impact on their life - that is racial hatred."

And the same thing is happening in reverse.

And when this is done by black racists to white people, do you ever object to it?
Do you ever call it out, or even acknowledge it?
Anyone else notice she hasn't even attempted to answer these questions?

:cool:
It happens every time she gets her ass handed to her. But don't tell her that--she is MS certified. RME.

Exhibit A: The State of Oregon - Portland

I generally believe that when people want to discuss a topic, then all participants should be clear and in agreement on how the subject of the discussion is defined.

There are a lot of people who bristle at the term racism when used by black people, and many seem to particularly dislike the term "systemic racism" so I'll begin by defining each term as they are commonly used, I will do the same.

Systemic:
relating to a system, especially as opposed to a particular part.
[Note: The United States is made up of 50 individual states each having the freedom to pass their own laws and do things as is seem fit for the residents of that particular state. What's good for the people of California may not necessarily be feasible for the people South Dakota, therefore the use of the term "systemic" in this discuss refers to the United States as a whole affecting all 50 states]

Racism:
the belief that different races possess distinct characteristics, abilities, or qualities, especially so as to distinguish them as inferior or superior to one another.

System racism in the United States then refers to a system where due to the "the belief" in the superiority of whites and the alleged inferiority of blacks caused the creation of a "system" of treaties, laws, acts, policies, procedures and social mores which were created with the intention of favoring whites at the expense of blacks and other non-whites. These laws, et al were not restricted to only some of the states such as the southern states which fought a civil war in order to continue the institution of chattel slavery, they were enacted in every single state of the U.S. therefore the racist antagonism, animosity, hostility, and hatred towards black people by those members of society subscribing to this white supremacist mind set was endemic to the entire United States, thereby making it "systemic".

Fact:
A fact is an occurrence in the real world. The usual test for a statement of fact is verifiability—that is whether it can be demonstrated to correspond to experience.

Proof/Prove:
demonstrate the truth or existence of (something) by evidence or argument.

If a person has only heard something or heard about something but never seen or experienced it with their own eyes, then maybe they could be excused for having a limited perspective of certain topics. However when the evidence is put in front of their eyes and they still deny it's existence it kind of stumps me. My nature is to keep trying different ways of explaining the same thing in order to get my point across and I oftentimes do with I'm training someone but it truly is my opinion that the scientific method should be able to prove this if for no other reason that they don't have to guess at what people thought and believed at various points throughout our country's history. There were plenty of people who were more than happy to write down for prosperity their beliefs and motivations for the things they did thereby providing us with an accounting to simply read

The following article is very well written and in-depth in my opinion, however it's long and I'm only going to post excerpts:

The Racist History of Portland, the Whitest City in America

Proof:
1843 Champoeg territorial government adopted a measure “prohibiting slavery” that required slave holders to free their slaves with the added requirement that all Blacks must leave the territory within three years.

1844 Acts to prohibit slavery and to exclude Blacks and Mulattoes from Oregon were passed. The infamous “Lash Law,” required that Blacks in Oregon – “be they free or slave – be whipped twice a year until he or she shall quit the territory.” It was soon deemed too harsh and its provisions for punishment were reduced to forced labor.
The issue is racism today in the 21st century. What happened 100 years ago is irrelevant.

It certainly reminds me it is not to current date, and among the poor suffering blacks was a black US president at the time. That must be systematic racism ... I guess.
We also have lots of Blacks elected to Congress, a Black mayor in Chicago a Black Police chief in Wisconsin and a Black man sitting on the Supreme Court.

System racism in the United States then refers to a system where due to the "the belief" in the superiority of whites and the alleged inferiority of blacks caused the creation of a "system" of treaties, laws, acts, policies, procedures and social mores which were created with the intention of favoring whites at the expense of blacks and other non-whites.
System racism in the United States then refers to a system where due to the "the belief" in white privilege and the alleged lack of privilege of blacks caused the creation of a "system" of laws, acts, policies, procedures and social mores which were created with the intention of favoring blacks at the expense of whites. I give you 50 years of Affirmative Action. There I fixed it for you.

The issue is racism today in the 21st century. What happened 100 years ago is irrelevant.
Actually it isn't. Now this excuse gets old considering it comes from people who worship a document made almost 250 years ago.

System racism in the United States then refers to a system where due to the "the belief" in white privilege and the alleged lack of privilege of blacks caused the creation of a "system" of laws, acts, policies, procedures and social mores which were created with the intention of favoring blacks at the expense of whites. I give you 50 years of Affirmative Action. There I fixed it for you.
The system does favor whites. You know it. Affirmative Action has benefitted whites the most. Furthermore it takes nothing from whites and does not favor anyone. The policy only applies when racial discrimination is practiced. Whites do not deserve all the admission, jobs or promotions. That is what AA was created to stop.

Last edited:

New Topics

Forum List

Back