A 5 Year Old And A 14 Year Old Shot. A Story Of Two Responsible Gun Owning Dads In Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't say anything about YOU. How the hell should I know what you said. I dont even know what you're talking about.

You seemed to know the position of a large varied group of people. What exactly did all of them say?

Yeah, so, just had to put this one out there. In America’s most gun-crazy state with guns and palm trees, two dads and their minor daughters were out for an afternoon drive near Jacksonville. At some point one dad did something with his car the other dad in his car didn’t like. What ensued was an extended road rage car battle in which both tried to speed past, cut off, and brake check the other, trying to cause an accident they could each blame in the other one. Birds were flipped, plastic water bottles were thrown. Shots were fired.

The Florida board of tourism would like to remind you how pleasant Florida weather is at this time of year and recommend booking your mid-winter Florida getaway now!

Where was I? Oh right. So, Gunfire was exchanged by the two dads, because, well, everyone has a gun to keep us totally safe, right? Guns do that, right? That’s the solution to all our problems. Guns.

Anyway. After dad one shot at dad two, five year-old daughter two ended up with a bullet hole in her leg. (How could THAT possibly happen? It’s inconceivable!)

Let us pause to consider the diameter of an average five year-old’s leg and femur (about as big around as a Sharpie pen). And the perversion to flesh and bone caused by a .45 caliber bullet which can shatter an adult’s femur, much less that of a child. Just so you get this, a .45 caliber bullet is about as big around as a child’s entire femur. It’s like stabbing an adult in the leg with a crowbar at 300 meters per second. A bullet of ANY size to the thigh of a five year old girl is a serious, life-threatening wound. Even if she lives, the chance of her losing the leg or damaging the bone’s ability to continue to properly grow is extreme. This child has been maimed for life. Her life will never be the same.

We now return you to our ongoing daddy vs. daddy gun battle.

In any case, dad one sped away, swiftly followed by dad two, firing out his window at the retreating back of dad one’s car — while his DAUGHTER SAT SCREAMING AND BLEEDING PROFUSELY IN THE BACK SEAT, clutching her mutilated 5 year-old leg in impotent agony. Priorities, people! Priorities.

Eventually, dad two managed to shoot 14 year-old daughter one in the back, collapsing her lung.

A collapsed lung in a 14 year-old is a serious, life threatening injury. Just in case you didn’t know that. It is. Trust me on this.

The two dads, concerned, responsible gun-owning parents to the bone, pulled over and immediately started rendering vital, life-saving first aid to the stricken minor children, apologizing from the bottoms of their hearts with tears streaming down… oh, who the fuck am I kidding?

No, the dads pulled over, got out of their cars and started screaming at each other on the side of the road.

Along comes a state trooper and, after intervening in the dispute, finally notices the two seriously bleeding, horribly mutilated minor children and calls for ambulances.

Dad one and dad two are arrested and carted off to the hoosegow on felony attempted murder charges, as their daughters are rushed to the hospital.

(I suppose we can thank God the two men, standing on the side of the highway waving guns in the air were white. Otherwise, this would be the story of how two black dads were summarily shot by a Florida state trooper who paid no price for doing so. But I digress. Guns keep us safe, keep telling yourself that.)

In closing, I just have to note the reporter commenting in the original story cited, did have the presence of mind to lovingly detail the EXACT make, model, and caliber of the guns the two dads used to attempt to murder each other while ending up nearly murdering each other’s daughter (Safely! Because guns keep us SAFE!). That was such an important, salient part of the story.

Florida, ammirite?

They also reported the daughters suffered non-life-threatening injuries. As an EMT and paramedic for more than a decade, I can tell you that description was utter bullshit. Those little girls could easily have died and they will carry emotional and physical scars for the rest of their lives.

Just as long as grown men get to wave their guns around and defend their God-given freedom to shoot the fuck out of people whenever they get slightly upset for really good reasons, like not liking other people’s driving. That’s totally what the founding fathers wanted when they wrote the second amendment. Totally. Guns!

Not to worry. The governor will pardon these two patriots.

It takes about the same level of stupidity of one who believes anything he reads in Daily Kooks to describe creatures that behave as described in the article as “Responsible” anything.

Of course, given that the source is Daily Kooks, it's most likely that the story is complete bullshit anyway; that the incident described therein never happened, or if it did happen, it happened very differently than how the story describes it.

Guns make up for the shaky "masculinity".

Been there, done that.....retired after 21 years. My comment still stands. Guns, in many cases, is a stand in for shaky "masculinity".

Yep....shaky "masculinity". :heehee:

Speaking of guns propping up shaky "masculinity".

Projector.gif

Actually, these are very irresponsible gun owners. But I'm glad to see you're making progress, and actually blaming the person who pulled the trigger instead of the gun itself. You're miles beyond your fellow DemoKKKrats who haven't been able to figure that part out yet. Congrats!
I'll bet you are just as defensive of fentenal as you are of guns, aren't you? After all, it's not the drug's fault, is it?

Yeah, so, just had to put this one out there. In America’s most gun-crazy state with guns and palm trees, two dads and their minor daughters were out for an afternoon drive near Jacksonville. At some point one dad did something with his car the other dad in his car didn’t like. What ensued was an extended road rage car battle in which both tried to speed past, cut off, and brake check the other, trying to cause an accident they could each blame in the other one. Birds were flipped, plastic water bottles were thrown. Shots were fired.

The Florida board of tourism would like to remind you how pleasant Florida weather is at this time of year and recommend booking your mid-winter Florida getaway now!

Where was I? Oh right. So, Gunfire was exchanged by the two dads, because, well, everyone has a gun to keep us totally safe, right? Guns do that, right? That’s the solution to all our problems. Guns.

Anyway. After dad one shot at dad two, five year-old daughter two ended up with a bullet hole in her leg. (How could THAT possibly happen? It’s inconceivable!)

Let us pause to consider the diameter of an average five year-old’s leg and femur (about as big around as a Sharpie pen). And the perversion to flesh and bone caused by a .45 caliber bullet which can shatter an adult’s femur, much less that of a child. Just so you get this, a .45 caliber bullet is about as big around as a child’s entire femur. It’s like stabbing an adult in the leg with a crowbar at 300 meters per second. A bullet of ANY size to the thigh of a five year old girl is a serious, life-threatening wound. Even if she lives, the chance of her losing the leg or damaging the bone’s ability to continue to properly grow is extreme. This child has been maimed for life. Her life will never be the same.

In any case, dad one sped away, swiftly followed by dad two, firing out his window at the retreating back of dad one’s car — while his DAUGHTER SAT SCREAMING AND BLEEDING PROFUSELY IN THE BACK SEAT, clutching her mutilated 5 year-old leg in impotent agony. Priorities, people! Priorities.

Eventually, dad two managed to shoot 14 year-old daughter one in the back, collapsing her lung.

A collapsed lung in a 14 year-old is a serious, life threatening injury. Just in case you didn’t know that. It is. Trust me on this.

The two dads, concerned, responsible gun-owning parents to the bone, pulled over and immediately started rendering vital, life-saving first aid to the stricken minor children, apologizing from the bottoms of their hearts with tears streaming down… oh, who the fuck am I kidding?

No, the dads pulled over, got out of their cars and started screaming at each other on the side of the road.

Along comes a state trooper and, after intervening in the dispute, finally notices the two seriously bleeding, horribly mutilated minor children and calls for ambulances.

Dad one and dad two are arrested and carted off to the hoosegow on felony attempted murder charges, as their daughters are rushed to the hospital.

(I suppose we can thank God the two men, standing on the side of the highway waving guns in the air were white. Otherwise, this would be the story of how two black dads were summarily shot by a Florida state trooper who paid no price for doing so. But I digress. Guns keep us safe, keep telling yourself that.)

In closing, I just have to note the reporter commenting in the original story cited, did have the presence of mind to lovingly detail the EXACT make, model, and caliber of the guns the two dads used to attempt to murder each other while ending up nearly murdering each other’s daughter (Safely! Because guns keep us SAFE!). That was such an important, salient part of the story.

Florida, ammirite?

They also reported the daughters suffered non-life-threatening injuries. As an EMT and paramedic for more than a decade, I can tell you that description was utter bullshit. Those little girls could easily have died and they will carry emotional and physical scars for the rest of their lives.

Just as long as grown men get to wave their guns around and defend their God-given freedom to shoot the fuck out of people whenever they get slightly upset for really good reasons, like not liking other people’s driving. That’s totally what the founding fathers wanted when they wrote the second amendment. Totally. Guns!

Tell ya what the next time you get in a beef just remain perfectly limp as your attackers beat you. maybe neighborhood watch will show up and watch or your attackers may become board with attacking you and move on to another family member. I'm sure you will be fine. Or you could move to England where you can be safe but don't plan on cutting your meat.

Florida, ammirite?

You are confused Moon Bat.

If they were responsible gun owners then nobody would have been hurt.

Just like if everybody was a responsible driver there would never be a vehicle accident.

Florida, ammirite?

I dont suppose anyone in the news media bothered to ask about prior criminal records of the two men

Pending that we dont know if either man was legally authorized to have a firearm

Florida, ammirite?

Who the fuck gauges .45 ACP velocity in "meters per second" besides somebody that's not American?

.45 ACP is around 850 FPS.

Last edited:
Guns make up for the shaky "masculinity".

In most cases you are unfortunately correct.
Still, guns have a place in society and the hands of civilians.

The biggest problem causing "gun violence" today would probably be shocking to you ......
It is Democrat softness on crime and Leftist immorality.

I know....you're making that McCauley Caulkin face now.

Florida, ammirite?

Nothing about this story is indicative of responsible gun ownership.

As a side note, plagiarism on this site is frowned upon. You cut and pasted the entire article, including the advertisement from the Florida board of tourism. If you are unable to articulate your own thoughts, if you are unable to inject any originality into you OP (and no, "Not to worry. The governor will pardon these two patriots." doesn't count) the maybe you don't belong here.

Nothing about this story is indicative of responsible gun ownership.

As a side note, plagiarism on this site is frowned upon. You cut and pasted the entire article, including the advertisement from the Florida board of tourism. If you are unable to articulate your own thoughts, if you are unable to inject any originality into you OP (and no, "Not to worry. The governor will pardon these two patriots." doesn't count) the maybe you don't belong here.
Of course it isn't indicative of responsible gun ownership. Gun Nuts aren't always responsible. That's the problem.

Florida, ammirite?

Copyright. Link Each "Copy & Paste" to It's Source. Only paste a small to medium section of the material.

Next time you start a thread linking from Daily Kos, be sure members know, which portion is content from that site, and only quote a small to medium portion, not 95-99% of the entire article.

Thread locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back