A 3,200 years old clay figurine that looks like a pig from the popular video game "Angry Birds" has been found by archaeologists

sam5971

Feb 13, 2020
When archaeologists find an artifact from the distant past, they can often give a reasonable explanation of what it might be. However, many of these artifacts are shrouded in mystery, and they are strange puzzles that need to be solved. So today, let’s take a look at some unexplainable ancient artifacts, which confuse scientists.

Mystery Figurines
A 3,200 years old clay figurine that looks like a pig from the popular video game Angry Birds has been found by archaeologists. The figurine is the size of a fist and was discovered among the ruins of a 5,000-year-old settlement in southwest China. The experts believe that the village was located about 8 km outside Sanxingdui. Apart from that, experts found detailed carvings of a dragon and a phoenix under a broken clay plate. Other discoveries include a vases and cups made with porcelain or stone.

Antikythera
This artifact was discovered in a shipwreck off the Greek island of Antikythera. It is considered to be the oldest computer in the world and was made of bronze at least 2000 years ago. It contains gears and symbols in the bronze and almost looks like a modern-day analog clock. It’s now believed that the mechanism was used to predicting the astronomical eclipses and positions on the calendar . But how the ancient Greeks made it, and why no similar device has been found, remains a mystery.

When archaeologists find an artifact from the distant past, they can often give a reasonable explanation of what it might be. However, many of these artifacts are shrouded in mystery, and they are strange puzzles that need to be solved. So today, let’s take a look at some unexplainable ancient artifacts, which confuse scientists.

Mystery Figurines
A 3,200 years old clay figurine that looks like a pig from the popular video game Angry Birds has been found by archaeologists. The figurine is the size of a fist and was discovered among the ruins of a 5,000-year-old settlement in southwest China. The experts believe that the village was located about 8 km outside Sanxingdui. Apart from that, experts found detailed carvings of a dragon and a phoenix under a broken clay plate. Other discoveries include a vases and cups made with porcelain or stone.

Antikythera
This artifact was discovered in a shipwreck off the Greek island of Antikythera. It is considered to be the oldest computer in the world and was made of bronze at least 2000 years ago. It contains gears and symbols in the bronze and almost looks like a modern-day analog clock. It’s now believed that the mechanism was used to predicting the astronomical eclipses and positions on the calendar . But how the ancient Greeks made it, and why no similar device has been found, remains a mystery.

How about a cast plaque with the image of a HELICOPTER on it? A engine powered cabin cruiser to the right of the helicopter? The catch is they were found installed on a wall in a PYRAMID STRUCTURE!!! I seen another plaque with a jet powered aircraft(fighter?) cast into it, The jet blew me away for if I remember right the tail end looked somewhat(close) to a MIG 15 & the forward fuselage/nose & canopy more like an F-86 Sabre jet fighter. Even the engine compartment(below the rotor hub) on the helicopter image somewhat remindeds me of the engine compartment(but shorter) on a Huey helicoptor, @ least on the Huey UH-1C model. The longer I live the more amazed I become with history!

Maybe kids who grew up in front of the video screen think that Disney invented animal caricatures but the ancients probably had a better sense of art.

New Topics

Forum List

Back