94% of the universe’s galaxies are permanently beyond our reach

94%? Well that sucks. So we can only visit about 12 billion galaxies.

Eventually that 94% of galaxies will disappear over the horizon like a sailboat.

Keep in mind: this is a snapshot, if we were ale to leave today at the speed of light. The percentage of galaxies we can never visit grows by the minute. If we just sit here long enough, there will be no galaxies in the sky, save for our own. (And then Hubble would lose the Great Debate!)

• The universe is expanding, with every galaxy beyond the Local Group speeding away from us.
  • Today, most of the universe's galaxies are already receding faster than the speed of light.
  • All galaxies currently beyond 18 billion light-years are forever unreachable by us, no matter how much time passes.
It is that way now. People have a fallen body. That will change when the saved get a new body.

Sometimes it amazes me how easily humanity is able to analyze other planets that are hundreds of light years away from Earth. Of course, I know that many factors are evidence of water or a hot core. I'm not a physicist to figure it out, but I love watching science videos about planets on YouTube. This topic amazes me. It also amazes me that people invented astrology and realized that all stellar bodies really do affect the lives of living beings. I realized long ago that even the moon's phases affect my success and moods. And the fact that I'm also Midheaven in Leo has turned my full understanding of life choices upside down, you know.
" All the powers in the universe are already ours. It is we who have put our hands before our eyes and cry that it is dark. " - Swami Vivekananda

LbXOPV.jpg

Eventually that 94% of galaxies will disappear over the horizon like a sailboat.

Keep in mind: this is a snapshot, if we were ale to leave today at the speed of light. The percentage of galaxies we can never visit grows by the minute. If we just sit here long enough, there will be no galaxies in the sky, save for our own. (And then Hubble would lose the Great Debate!)

• The universe is expanding, with every galaxy beyond the Local Group speeding away from us.
  • Today, most of the universe's galaxies are already receding faster than the speed of light.
  • All galaxies currently beyond 18 billion light-years are forever unreachable by us, no matter how much time passes.
Saying permanently is about the same thing as saying never. We do not know what the future will bring. I am optimistic, new technology is evolving everyday. I believe that our limitations as human beings are only those that place upon ourselves.

Saying permanently is about the same thing as saying never. We do not know what the future will bring. I am optimistic, new technology is evolving everyday. I believe that our limitations as human beings are only those that place upon ourselves.
Yes, never*

* as far as we can tell

Um, no, I don't believe that's true.
The speed of light is 299,792,458 meters per second. The universe is 93 billion light years in diameter at present and still expanding. If you're only going at the speed of light you will never reach The event horizon.

The universe is 93 billion light years in diameter at present and still expanding.
It appears. Again, as best we can tell. But we don't know yet. Suppose at some later date, after years of crunching the Webb telescope image data, we find that many of the distant galaxies look exactly like much nearer ones? Repeats of the Big Dipper?

I don't believe the human race will invent a technology that will allow travel between galaxies. In fact, I don't believe we will get advanced enough to even reach the center of this galaxy, let alone the other end.

This is assuming it's not possible to move faster than the speed of light, and perhaps it's not, but do we really know that for absolute certain? Maybe it's possible to tear holes in spacetime and pop into another section of the universe or something, or maybe not.
My wild guess is that if the humans do ever discover this technology then they will have become something different than our physical happenstance right now, part energy or detached from Earth. At that point it will not have been as fascinating and wondrous.

In fact, right now 100% of the Stars beyond our sun are unreachable by us any time soon.
At current rates, the closest star, Proxima Centauri (app a mere 4 Light Years) would take 73,000 years to reach.
A fact a little more graspable but still breathtaking.
Wonderful as it was, Star Trek gave us false hopes.
`
Forget Star Trek, NASA is the greatest false hope of all.

I don't believe the human race will invent a technology that will allow travel between galaxies. In fact, I don't believe we will get advanced enough to even reach the center of this galaxy, let alone the other end.
I honestly believe that human race on this planet is that a precipice ; it can go either way. It's either going to get very good or very bad. The choice is up to each and every one of us, we need to uplift and save each other. We've wasted way too much time attacking one another and tearing each other down.

My wild guess is that if the humans do ever discover this technology then they will have become something different than our physical happenstance right now, part energy or detached from Earth. At that point it will not have been as fascinating and wondrous.
I do I believe the rate of human evolution is accelerating, a quantum leap in the advancement of the human race on this planet is possible in the near future ; that is if the foolish earthlings don't destroy themselves first.

I honestly believe that human race on this planet is that a precipice ; it can go either way. It's either going to get very good or very bad. The choice is up to each and every one of us, we need to uplift and save each other. We've wasted way too much time attacking one another and tearing each other down.
We're all doomed unless someone takes real control and forces humanity to save the Earth. Thats my premise.

Forum List

Back