What's new
US Message Board 🦅 Political Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

94% of the universe’s galaxies are permanently beyond our reach

Iamartiewhitefox

VIP Member
Reaction score
94%? Well that sucks. So we can only visit about 12 billion galaxies.

Eventually that 94% of galaxies will disappear over the horizon like a sailboat.

Keep in mind: this is a snapshot, if we were ale to leave today at the speed of light. The percentage of galaxies we can never visit grows by the minute. If we just sit here long enough, there will be no galaxies in the sky, save for our own. (And then Hubble would lose the Great Debate!)

• The universe is expanding, with every galaxy beyond the Local Group speeding away from us.
  • Today, most of the universe's galaxies are already receding faster than the speed of light.
  • All galaxies currently beyond 18 billion light-years are forever unreachable by us, no matter how much time passes.
It is that way now. People have a fallen body. That will change when the saved get a new body.

Stann

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sometimes it amazes me how easily humanity is able to analyze other planets that are hundreds of light years away from Earth. Of course, I know that many factors are evidence of water or a hot core. I'm not a physicist to figure it out, but I love watching science videos about planets on YouTube. This topic amazes me. It also amazes me that people invented astrology and realized that all stellar bodies really do affect the lives of living beings. I realized long ago that even the moon's phases affect my success and moods. And the fact that I'm also Midheaven in Leo has turned my full understanding of life choices upside down, you know.
" All the powers in the universe are already ours. It is we who have put our hands before our eyes and cry that it is dark. " - Swami Vivekananda

Mushroom

Gold Member
Reaction score
LbXOPV.jpg

Stann

Platinum Member
Reaction score
94%? Well that sucks. So we can only visit about 12 billion galaxies.

Eventually that 94% of galaxies will disappear over the horizon like a sailboat.

Keep in mind: this is a snapshot, if we were ale to leave today at the speed of light. The percentage of galaxies we can never visit grows by the minute. If we just sit here long enough, there will be no galaxies in the sky, save for our own. (And then Hubble would lose the Great Debate!)

• The universe is expanding, with every galaxy beyond the Local Group speeding away from us.
  • Today, most of the universe's galaxies are already receding faster than the speed of light.
  • All galaxies currently beyond 18 billion light-years are forever unreachable by us, no matter how much time passes.
Saying permanently is about the same thing as saying never. We do not know what the future will bring. I am optimistic, new technology is evolving everyday. I believe that our limitations as human beings are only those that place upon ourselves.

OP
Fort Fun Indiana

Fort Fun Indiana

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Saying permanently is about the same thing as saying never. We do not know what the future will bring. I am optimistic, new technology is evolving everyday. I believe that our limitations as human beings are only those that place upon ourselves.
Yes, never*

* as far as we can tell

Stann

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Um, no, I don't believe that's true.
The speed of light is 299,792,458 meters per second. The universe is 93 billion light years in diameter at present and still expanding. If you're only going at the speed of light you will never reach The event horizon.

USMB Server Goals

Total amount
$55.00
Goal
$350.00

New Topics

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List