93% of hospital executives think Obamacare will make health care better

Star

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2009
Salvatore Aversa: "The Republican Party can yell and scream about Obamacare all they want, but there is something that is not being explained. If the hospitals want it because it will reduce their costs, insurance companies want it because it will increase their customer base, and the American public wants it so they no longer have to worry about medical emergencies, who exactly are they trying to protect from it? Or is it they are simply looking for something to attack President Obama on?"

93 percent of hospital executives think Obamacare will make health care better

by Ezra Klein
December 19, 2013

<snip>

Hospital executives think health reform is going to make the health care they deliver a whole lot better -- and a bit cheaper:
Fully 65 percent indicated that by 2020, they believe the healthcare system as a whole will be somewhat or significantly better than it is today. And when they were asked about their own institutions, the optimism was even more dramatic. Fully 93 percent predicted that the quality of care provided by their own health system would improve. This is probably related to efforts to diminish hospital acquired conditions, medication errors, and unnecessary re-admissions, as encouraged by financial penalties in the ACA.
<snip>

And 100% of hospital executives ar earning obscene amounts of wealth because of other people's misfortune. Of course they're for it. Any legal requirement to buy insurance lines their own pockets. And if they can bill an insurance company instead of swallowing costs themselves as often seen in emergency room visits by the uninsured they'll be all for it. It's why hospital expenses are so absurd. An asprin may cost 10's of dollars, but because they're billing an insurance company no one burns the hospital down.

That is what my daughter's father-in-law says, and he is a hospital administrator.

And 100% of hospital executives ar earning obscene amounts of wealth because of other people's misfortune. Of course they're for it. Any legal requirement to buy insurance lines their own pockets. And if they can bill an insurance company instead of swallowing costs themselves as often seen in emergency room visits by the uninsured they'll be all for it. It's why hospital expenses are so absurd. An asprin may cost 10's of dollars, but because they're billing an insurance company no one burns the hospital down.

Thanks but I still say with high premiums people will still stick it to the hospitals andt tax payers. Who has.5 grand sitting around if they only make 25 grand a year?

That is what my daughter's father-in-law says, and he is a hospital administrator.

Depends on who you talk to everyone in my family say a much different story,the Doctors and the administrators,and the lawyers.

obamacare will charge high premiums and pay next to nothing.

Understandable that Hospitals are excited about making more money for less work.

THIS is what happens when you let the stupidest people on Earth handle 1/6th of the economy...

If You Don't Hear From Us By Monday, Seek Coverage Elsewhere

Oregon health exchange tells applicants to go elsewhere if not covered Jan. 1 | Fox News

Some applicants for health insurance in Oregon have begun receiving robocalls from that state’s health exchange warning that they will be forced to seek coverage elsewhere if they don’t receive confirmation of enrollment by Monday.

The Oregonian reports that the robocalls from Cover Oregon consist of a woman’s voice saying “If you haven’t heard from us by December 23, it is unlikely your application will be processed for January 1 insurance coverage. If you want to be sure you have insurance coverage starting January 1, you have other options.”

The phone call goes on to say that applicants who don’t receive confirmation will be able to get coverage from an insurance company or agent, but will not be eligible for tax credits.

It is another embarrassing moment for the exchange, which has had to rely exclusively on paper applications processed manually by more than 400 workers after the website was not ready to launch on schedule in October. As a result, Oregon has been the slowest state to enroll people in private insurance, though the pace has picked up significantly in the past two weeks.

Edge:

You don't really think I'm kidding when I call dimocraps the stupidest people on Earth, do you?

All of them

Salvatore Aversa: "The Republican Party can yell and scream about Obamacare all they want, but there is something that is not being explained. If the hospitals want it because it will reduce their costs, insurance companies want it because it will increase their customer base, and the American public wants it so they no longer have to worry about medical emergencies, who exactly are they trying to protect from it? Or is it they are simply looking for something to attack President Obama on?"

by Ezra Klein
December 19, 2013

<snip>

Hospital executives think health reform is going to make the health care they deliver a whole lot better -- and a bit cheaper:
Fully 65 percent indicated that by 2020, they believe the healthcare system as a whole will be somewhat or significantly better than it is today. And when they were asked about their own institutions, the optimism was even more dramatic. Fully 93 percent predicted that the quality of care provided by their own health system would improve. This is probably related to efforts to diminish hospital acquired conditions, medication errors, and unnecessary re-admissions, as encouraged by financial penalties in the ACA.
<snip>

"The survey wasn't scientific by any means"

Enough said. The "study" is bogus.

Well, we certainly can't ignore the opinion of your daughter's father in law!

by Ezra Klein
December 19, 2013

<snip>

<snip>

And to complete the sentence you started but for some reason chose not to complete...

Over at Health Affairs, Andrew Steinmetz, Ralph Muller, Steven Altschuler and Ezekiel Emanuel decided to see how health reform looked to hospital executives. They surveyed 74 C-Suite executives from institutions that, on average, employed 8,520 workers and saw annual revenues of $1.5 billion. The survey wasn't scientific by any means, but in a speculative conversation that's proceeding mostly by anecdote, these individuals have a better vantage point on the changes that health reform is making to actual health-care systems than virtually anyone else.

Spot on, Delta4.

by Ezra Klein
December 19, 2013

<snip>

<snip>

Gallup polls aren't "scientific" either. They are generated by consensus.

I'm sure hospital admins are gleeful, as Delta4 said above. Expanded insurance policies will mean the docs and hospitals can perform more procedures, which generates billing to the insurance companies and fattens their bottom line. No mystery or twist of logic there.

Over at Health Affairs, Andrew Steinmetz, Ralph Muller, Steven Altschuler and Ezekiel Emanuel decided to see how health reform looked to hospital executives.

That says it all about this so called study. Administration hacks putting out false numbers again.

Curious Jake.
Care to tell me what city you live in?
I'll then tell you how much profit your largest hospital made in 2012.
PLUS I'll tell you how much that hospital OVERCHARGED sometimes 6,000% Medicare!

Then I'll explain how this happens and what the solution is.
But Please just tell me the city and let me PROVE to you your hospital has MESSED up BECAUSE of Congress act in 1986 Medicare dramatically and
the simple solution that would cost millionaires TAX money to reduce Medicare and health care costs in general.

For the record I'm probably the most knowledgeable person on this forum about Medicare for reasons I can't divulge as it might hurt my business!

Watergate - Nixon
Hostages - Carter
Contra Scandal - Reagan
Lewinsky - Clinton
Iraq - Bush II
Obamacare - who else?

Two of these will enter the lexicon as presidential screw-ups. Watergate and...?

New Topics

Forum List

Back