9 yr old girl badly beaten in school bus

It doesn't matter how long or how short a confrontation is. Once the driver was able to pull over, not only should he have done just that, but he then should've put a stop to what happened as best as he could as well as alerting the proper authorities too. Once they showed up and arrested the two little pricks, he then could've gotten back to his regularly scheduled program.

God bless you and the victim always!!!

Holly

So. The driver was able to see the confrontation and pull over in 18 seconds?

What if the fight was five minutes? Is that long enough?

There's no difference between 18 seconds and five minutes?

In that case, if a child across a room punches another child--2 seconds--the teacher is at fault across the room for not doing anything?

That is nonsensical, don't you think?

"The mother of the girl, who chose to remain anonymous, told Local 10 that her daughter as well as her two other children have only been at the school at Coconut Palm K-8 Academy since January and there have allegedly been countless of these violent incidents taking place. When she spoke to the principal and the counselor, she was told they’d been “overwhelmed” by the aggressive behavior of students but could only advise her to enroll her kids elsewhere."

So. The driver was able to see the confrontation and pull over in 18 seconds?

What if the fight was five minutes? Is that long enough?

There's no difference between 18 seconds and five minutes?

In that case, if a child across a room punches another child--2 seconds--the teacher is at fault across the room for not doing anything?

That is nonsensical, don't you think?
That is not even close to what I am trying to point out. As soon as the driver knew what was going on, he should've pulled over as soon as he could and made sure that the appropriate actions were taken since what happens on that bus was his responsibility. Should the issue come to a stop in any other way is irrelevant.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

That is not even close to what I am trying to point out. As soon as the driver knew what was going on, he should've pulled over as soon as he could and made sure that the appropriate actions were taken since what happens on that bus was his responsibility. Should the issue come to a stop in any other way is irrelevant.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

I agree with this--as soon as the bus driver knew. Which probably happened; we don't know. But there is no way a bus driver could STOP such an attack while driving a bus.

Why do the parents of that litle girl have to demand the boys be charged? Isn't that a given? Their class room should be in the reformatory until the age of 18...

They should probably be put down like rabid dogs.

If you look at the video more thoroughly, you will find out that one of the 'beaters' was a white boy. So, that was not about the race.

The video is too short to make any reasonable conclusions about the driver's actions. In any case, they should be legally responsible for the kids' safety while on the board.

You don't know what you don't know.

I second this. That driver should be terminated if not arrested.

That's idiotic.
P.S. As for the other kids who also continued to sit there and do nothing, in my opinion, they too should be punished for their carelessness. Since it sounds like that this took place with elementary school kids, revoking their recess privileges is a good start. For how long is the question. A month sounds good to me.

That's even dumber.

It doesn't matter how long or how short a confrontation is. Once the driver was able to pull over, not only should he have done just that, but he then should've put a stop to what happened as best as he could as well as alerting the proper authorities too. Once they showed up and arrested the two little pricks, he then could've gotten back to his regularly scheduled program.

Holly

And hopefully, the driver doesn't get knifed for his troubles.

"The mother of the girl, who chose to remain anonymous, told Local 10 that her daughter as well as her two other children have only been at the school at Coconut Palm K-8 Academy since January and there have allegedly been countless of these violent incidents taking place. When she spoke to the principal and the counselor, she was told they’d been “overwhelmed” by the aggressive behavior of students but could only advise her to enroll her kids elsewhere."

As sad as this incident is, I'm hoping it will lead to an increasing awareness of this issue. NO CHILD should have to go to school in this kind of environment. We've got to take our schools back from, "Behavior is communication" and "restorative justice".

That's idiotic.

That's even dumber.

And hopefully, the driver doesn't get knifed for his troubles.
What I had to say about the kids and the driver just sitting there couldn't be anymore right. What if they were the ones who were being brutally beaten to a pulp. Wouldn't they want whatever aid that was available to them? What if it were you who was being ripped to shreds and whatever you did to protect yourself was not enough? Are you saying that you would not want help from anyone who was witnessing every last bit of horror that was being done to you?

Holly

P.S. At the end of the day, this is all about strength in numbers and how to treat other people during life and death situations and so when a person decides to sit there and not do anything when they are well aware of someone else getting their hump and their head handed to them, those who do nothing only give the perpetrator(s) more to work with which in my opinion might make those who do nothing even more guilty than the perp(s) themselves.

What I had to say about the kids and the driver just sitting there couldn't be anymore right. What if they were the ones who were being brutally beaten to a pulp. Wouldn't they want whatever aid that was available to them? What if it were you who was being ripped to shreds and whatever you did to protect yourself was not enough? Are you saying that you would not want help from anyone who was witnessing every last bit of horror that was being done to you?

Holly

P.S. At the end of the day, this is all about strength in numbers and how to treat other people during life and death situations and so when a person decides to sit there and not do anything when they are well aware of someone else getting their hump and their head handed to them, those who do nothing only give the perpetrator(s) more to work with which in my opinion might make those who do nothing even more guilty than the perp(s) themselves.

SO...you want to PROSECUTE someone who has the LEGAL RESPONSIBILITY to operate a bus safely, and very likely COULD NOT stop. (There are strict standards where drivers can and cannot stop a bus, I have a CDL with passenger endorsement and have driven buses.) If he. or she can stop, you want to prosecute the driver when interfering could get said driver KILLED. My nephew's bus driver is a retired woman, about 70 years old, maybe 5'1' and 100lbs. Describe in detail how she should deal with the pack of feral thugs without using a shotgun.

Interfering can also easily get a child beaten to a pulp, possibly raped.

Forum List

Back