9/11 Tomorrow. Remember Who You Were Before That Day

I am the same person I was then although my political leanings have changed. On 9/11/01 I fully supported George W. Bush. By the time he left office, I thought he was the worst President we had ever suffered through... then along came Barack Obama.

I do remember where I was on that morning though.

Immie

I was less worried about our government.

On 9-11-01, I never expected to have two joint replacements and a medication pump. But even if I had I would NEVER have expected those three things to cause me to be a prime terror suspect every time I boarded a plane.

On 9-11-01, I never expected to have two joint replacements and a medication pump. But even if I had I would NEVER have expected those three things to cause me to be a prime terror suspect every time I boarded a plane.

that's crazy,it seems like there has to be a better way to keep airplanes secure.

I was as well.

Immie

I was just as worried about our govt then as now.

Really? If you would have told me before 911 that airport security would be frisking the elderly and 6 year old girls and not leting baby formula on board,or that the goverment could spy on Americans with out reason or warrants, that we would be involved in 2 wars for almost 10 years and involved in other conflicts, I would have said you were crazy.

While I think it is important to remember who we were before that day. I think it is equally important to remember who and what we were ON that day.

While I think it is important to remember who we were before that day. I think it is equally important to remember who and what we were ON that day.

Working, and wondering why there was a long line of cars at the gas stations, and why the price almost double on the price of gas.

I don't believe that I have changed any. I would still go back on active duty if they would let me. I tried on 9-12-01.

But the world did change that day. Some of us received the wake up call and are taking security more seriously. Others bitch about the extra security and think it has infringed upon their rights.

Those who don't like it should be given the option of flying in a plane where none of the passengers or crew went through any security. Lots of luck with that........

Tomorrow Morning I will go around the village and lower all the American flags to half staff, at dusk tomorrow I will go raise them back to full.

God Bless America, and don't forget Patriot Day. Also remember a moment of silence at 0846. The time the first plane hit the first tower.

I was waiting for the call too Ollie - recall to Active Duty - but it never came.

God bless ya shipmate!

New Topics

Forum List

Back