8 Psychological Tricks of Restaurant Menus

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
direct

All retailers have “tricks” to get you to buy what makes them the most profit. They’d be stupid not to.

Here’s what restaurants – and fast food outlets – do:

1. They limit your options.

2. They add photos

3. They manipulate prices

4. They use expensive decoys

5. They play with your eyes.

6. They utilize colors

7. They use fancy language

8. They make you feel nostalgic

Keep that in mind the next time you’re tempted to order “Grandma’s Chicken Soup.

Details @ 8 Psychological Tricks of Restaurant Menus - Mental Floss - Pocket

direct

All retailers have “tricks” to get you to buy what makes them the most profit. They’d be stupid not to.

2. They add photos

6. They utilize colors

Keep that in mind the next time you’re tempted to order “Grandma’s Chicken Soup.

I'm a really bad consumer. None of that shit works with me. Particularly offensive are the pictures and ads where they show a burger slavished with a thick piece of meat and tons of juicy topping piled high and what you actually get barely shows out of the bun. That crap ought to be illegal and why I don't do fast food. What they are advertising and promising the buyer they do not really get. The law ought to require that they show pictures of what you actually get! Then you might not buy it at all. o_O

direct

2. They add photos

6. They utilize colors

I'm a really bad consumer. None of that shit works with me. Particularly offensive are the pictures and ads where they show a burger slavished with a thick piece of meat and tons of juicy topping piled high and what you actually get barely shows out of the bun. That crap ought to be illegal and why I don't do fast food. What they are advertising and promising the buyer they do not really get. The law ought to require that they show pictures of what you actually get! Then you might not buy it at all. o_O
I'm a shit consumer too...I almost always know what I want when walking into the joints.....The silly meaningless marketing buzz phrases like "signature crafted" actually turn me off.

direct

2. They add photos

6. They utilize colors

That shit always looks good on TV doesn’t it?

direct

2. They add photos

6. They utilize colors

/----/ If you're ever in NYC, stop by Ben's deli. What you see is what you get.
iu

Doesn't work on me because I don't eat fast food.
Next
That's un-American!!!!

:eusa_whistle:

:D
It's more from experience than the poor quality of the food.
I worked at 3 fast food places as a kid, I know what happens on the other side of that wall. It ain't pretty.
In fact I think it is worse today than back then. It was 98% teenagers back then, which is bad...but worse is low-life meth head adults. They REALLY don't care about you. And they now populate a significant population of fast food workers.
NO THANKS

Forum List

Back