8 Democrats Join Republicans in Rejecting Sanders’ $15 Minimum Wage Hike Bill

Bernie Sanders's attempt at overriding the Senate Parliamentarian fails. They needed 60 votes for that and got 42. Good!

Eight Democratic senators joined Republicans in rejecting raising the federal minimum wage to $15 per hour over five years after it was proposed by Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.).

Sens. Joe Manchin (D-W.Va.), Jon Tester (D-Mont.), Kyrsten Sinema (D-Ariz.), Maggie Hassan (D-N.H.), Jeanne Shaheen (D-N.H.), Tom Carper (D-Del.), Chris Coons (D-Del.), and Angus King (I-Vt.)—who caucuses with Democrats—opposed the measure, joining all Republicans in the upper chamber. Coons and Carper are considered two close allies of President Joe Biden, who was formerly a senator from Delaware.

The final vote tally was 42–58, falling far short of the 60 votes needed to overrule the Senate parliamentarian’s decision that a minimum wage increase can’t be embedded in a broader COVID-19 stimulus bill.

They need primary challenges.

I expect these brave Senators that dared to question their Party to start getting death threats......expect the DNC to pull a modern day Night of the Long Knives
Like mobs chanting "hang Mike pence, hang Mike pence..."?

they are literally try to ram down our throats anything they can before they lose the House in 2022, and lose power in 2024 when President Hawley is elected!

If he had made it $10, that would have been fine. Still, it is better to let states and cities decide this.

EvzvFdqWYAM7Id4

Sounds like she has evolved over the past 7 years.....good for her. It would be nice if others in her party learned to evolve instead of devolve
if by evolve you mean sold her soul like a corporate whore, then yes
What a sexist comment....

No evolve...realizing that raising the Federal Min wage to that level would harm the economy, hurt businesses and drive up unemployment. You know educate herself.

Sounds like she has evolved over the past 7 years.....good for her. It would be nice if others in her party learned to evolve instead of devolve

No evolve...realizing that raising the Federal Min wage to that level would harm the economy, hurt businesses and drive up unemployment. You know educate herself.
SEXIST?

i don't see gender, and i think Sinema is a good man in general

SEXIST?

i don't see gender, and i think Sinema is a good man in general
Calling a successful woman a "whore" is sexist.....

and another personal attack against her....wow....just wow....sexist

I don't know that she's opposed to raising the minimum wage. I think her opposition is that they are attaching it to the COVID relief legislation and that's what she is objecting to because she says it's not COVID related and an issue that should be voted on separately and discussed on its own merits.

Hey Bernie, even with the filibuster gone your $15 minimum wage would have failed.

I don't know that she's opposed to raising the minimum wage. I think her opposition is that they are attaching it to the COVID relief legislation and that's what she is objecting to because she says it's not COVID related and an issue that should be voted on separately and discussed on its own merits.
I believe this was a stand alone vote. I don't think she's against it either, but on the individual state level

Forum List

Back