8/10 cops don’t recommend their jobs

Big shocker
You work long hours
Average pay
If you act you go to prison ...if you don’t ..then you just die

So do 9 of 10 working in the mines. No job is easy, all have their challenges.

Being a plain clothed cop in Canada is a hell of a racket, guys making $200k+ and not accountable to anyone. Imagine being able to destroy citizens and your nation and make out like a bandit? What a life!

Big shocker
You work long hours
Average pay

Actually the pay is stellar. 6 figure salary and retire after 20 years with 150% of your salary for the rest of your life.
Ummmm 6 figure salary as a Cop? More like low to mid 5 figure salary unless you move up to Chief.

That's really not true.

Police officers can be really good at keeping out trouble, avoiding problems, keeping their nose clean. During the Chicago riot, the way they were able to seek shelter in a congressman's office until the dust settled and it was safe to go out showed tremendous ingenuity. The office had comfortable upholstery , clean bathrooms, TV's to keep up with the progress of the riot outside as well as snacks. The ideal location to hunker down

Big shocker
You work long hours
Average pay

Actually the pay is stellar. 6 figure salary and retire after 20 years with 150% of your salary for the rest of your life.
Ummmm 6 figure salary as a Cop? More like low to mid 5 figure salary unless you move up to Chief.

Complete nonsense. Most cops are pulling $150 to $300K annual. Oh, base salary may only be 80K, but with overtime, triple time, quintuple time, etc. most are raking in the cash. And then you retire at 50.

But even with all of that, it isn't worth it in this climate.

Not shocked at all. Who wants a job dealing with life and death where the bosses may not have your back when push comes to shove.

I don't recommend they be cops either.

You support Sharia patrols instead, right?

1593789676578.png

For about the last decade or a little more, I have been arguing the cops needed reform. I listed the reforms so often, that it got insanely repetitive. I said that the cops had a choice. They could either enact some reforms themselves, or endure the Reforms foisted upon them by an outraged public.

The Reforms are coming, and they are going to be far more extreme than I suggested were needed. So who is to blame? The cops who won’t change and get rid of corrupt abusive officers and practices? Or the public who is getting increasingly disgusted with it? You say the public, I say the cops. They knew this was coming, and they hoped they could stave it off by screaming that anyone who did not support the cops 150% was a cop hater and probably been arrested dozens of times or whatever.

So I don’t feel sorry for the cops. I don’t feel bad for them. This is the world they made, stubbornly standing firm refusing to change. This is the world they made, and they deserve every bit of the abuse they are getting. They earned it over the decades of abuses they heaped on the people. Karma is a bitch, but she eventually screws everyone.

The Reforms are going to be extreme. They are going to be bad, and they are going to lead to more dead cops. The cops could have avoided this. But instead they wanted to enjoy their cake. So they die, and I am supposed to feel sorry. Nope. This is the world they wanted.

For about the last decade or a little more, I have been arguing the cops needed reform. I listed the reforms so often, that it got insanely repetitive. I said that the cops had a choice. They could either enact some reforms themselves, or endure the Reforms foisted upon them by an outraged public.

The Reforms are coming, and they are going to be far more extreme than I suggested were needed. So who is to blame? The cops who won’t change and get rid of corrupt abusive officers and practices? Or the public who is getting increasingly disgusted with it? You say the public, I say the cops. They knew this was coming, and they hoped they could stave it off by screaming that anyone who did not support the cops 150% was a cop hater and probably been arrested dozens of times or whatever.

So I don’t feel sorry for the cops. I don’t feel bad for them. This is the world they made, stubbornly standing firm refusing to change. This is the world they made, and they deserve every bit of the abuse they are getting. They earned it over the decades of abuses they heaped on the people. Karma is a bitch, but she eventually screws everyone.

The Reforms are going to be extreme. They are going to be bad, and they are going to lead to more dead cops. The cops could have avoided this. But instead they wanted to enjoy their cake. So they die, and I am supposed to feel sorry. Nope. This is the world they wanted.

Thank you. I've screamed the same about policing in Canada. I went so far as to tell the Canadian government, all the way up to the Prime Ministers office, "if you don't address the abuses against citizens like myself by covert police, our allies and the U.N are going to find out, because I know what skeletons are hidden, THEN there will be consequences far worse than allowing me freedom".

The arrogance of some officers and former leadership is still there. I heard an interview with a former cop on Tucker Carlson last night, he has harsh words for the parents of the protesters/rioters. The problem is, this guy used to be a plain clothed cop, I'd love to sit down with him and ask him a few questions about HIS actions during his career while he was in a position of authority.

Good cops in uniform, who became cops for the right reason and didn't get their position through nepotism, I can respect. Far too many I cannot. It's not like the old days where Officer Bob is a stand up character who works the beat on foot and attends the local church on Sunday. Some of these guys shouldn't be cops.

Maybe what is being asked of them is unjust. Best solution to that problem is to completely restructure the way policing is done--a.k.a. abolition.

Forum List

Back