7 time felon held at gun point by his victims.....

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
This would not happen in Europe......

A seven-time convicted felon allegedly climbed construction scaffolding to enter a seventh-floor condo in downtown Chicago early Monday, only to be confronted by a woman who lives there and then detained by her gun-owning fiancé.

Juan Gonzalez, on parole for his sixth and seventh felony convictions, is charged with Class X felony home invasion.

Around 3:10 a.m., a woman woke up and started getting ready for work in her Loop condo, which had scaffolding rising outside the balcony door. She thought she heard noises while going about her routine, but she assumed it was coming from another unit, prosecutor Rhianna Biernat said.

The woman was about to leave when she entered the bathroom and came face to face with Gonzalez, who immediately punched her in the eye, according to Biernat. The woman pushed back, fell to the ground, and began fighting Gonazlez while yelling for her still-sleeping fiancé.

He pushed Gonzalez off the woman and told her to get his gun. She did. And they both held Gonzalez until Chicago police arrived.

The problem isn't guns....the problem is that this guy is a 7 time convicted felon out running free............

The main problem is guns, which have caused America to have the world's highest incarceration rate, which in turn ensures that felons need to be released to make room for the new crop.

But still, the American way persists, as the mass shootings are going to equal close to a thousand incidents for this year!

Yeah right, it's the felons!

The main problem is guns, which have caused America to have the world's highest incarceration rate, which in turn ensures that felons need to be released to make room for the new crop.

But still, the American way persists, as the mass shootings are going to equal close to a thousand incidents for this year!

No....criminals breaking the law have caused the incarceration rate.

We don't have to release felons, the democrat party does it for fun and profit.

Moron.....we have not had 1000 mass public shootings this year....

In 2021 we had a total of 6.....43 killed.

Deer kill 200 people a year

Lawn mowers kill between 90-100 a year.....

You should be more concerned with Toronto...gun crime is going up there and there is no end in sight....

As of Feb. 27, shootings were up 47.7% compared to this time last year, the number of people injured is up 70.6%, the number of people fatally shot is up by 33.3% and the total number of people injured and killed by gunfire is up 57.7%.

I wonder if the couple will be charged for threatening Mr. Gonzalez with a firearm, and holding him in the condo against his will. I also wonder if charges will be brought for unlawful storing of the gun- it should have according to Chicago law been locked in a safe and unloaded so that it would be unavailable so quickly.

This is where I ask you to demonstrate your claim to be true; you will respond by tucking your tail and running away.
Like you always do.

Moron. Gonzalez didnt use a gun and he was a seven time felon. He attacked the woman, punched her in the face... so what would have happened if her boyfriend was not home and did not have a gun?

There are tens of millions of guns in the US which are used for self protection. If we were having tens of millions of gun crimes then I would agree with you but thats not the case at all. Most shootings that are called mass shootings are gang related activity. If anything, gangs remain the biggest problem that hurts communities. You can wish all you want for legislation to take away guns from citizens who dont hurt anyone, and you might even get those laws someday, but Gangs are able to access the black market and they will still get any kind of weapon they want.

Moron. Gonzalez didnt use a gun and he was a seven time felon. He attacked the woman, punched her in the face... so what would have happened if her boyfriend was not home and did not have a gun?

There are tens of millions of guns in the US which are used for self protection. If we were having tens of millions of gun crimes then I would agree with you but thats not the case at all. Most shootings that are called mass shootings are gang related activity. If anything, gangs remain the biggest problem that hurts communities. You can wish all you want for legislation to take away guns from citizens who dont hurt anyone, and you might even get those laws someday, but Gangs are able to access the black market and they will still get any kind of weapon they want.
You worry about your country's problem with millions of felons, both in jails and out walking the streets.

I'll concentrate on reminding 2A of the nearly 1000 mass shooting in America this year.

I'll concentrate on reminding 2A of the nearly 1000 mass shooting in America this year.
Who is "2A" and why do you think you "reminding him" is relevant to anything?

1665589256971.png

You worry about your country's problem with millions of felons, both in jails and out walking the streets.

You have a lack of understanding of how things are in the U.S. but thats understandable. You're not from here and you have no idea of how and why this society works, and what its problems are. I take it you might be from Russia, that would explain your distorted views

My god is this so illogically wrong.
Your logic: Guns = Cause of incarceration
I know many law abiding gun owners, who have never been incarcerated.
Your logic begs the question, are guns the ONLY reason for incarceration? Of course not. So your premise guns are the reason for the highest incarceration is ludicrous. A little search and you'll find that drugs is a primary cause for incarceration.

Also, you need to read facts about mass shootings. The media love to point out the weekend mass shootings that occur. Guess what, if you read into each of those stories, almost every mass shooting that the media reports are are caused by urban related gang and or urban violence from criminals who aren't allowed to own guns in the first place. Meantime, the majority of law abiding citizens have peaceful weekend outings that doesn't include incarceration, being shot, or being involved in violence of any type.

I would suggest you take a deeper dive into statistics of the information you espouse before espousing any of it. The problem with incarceration is an individual and cultural issue. The gun itself is an inanimate object incapable of sending one to jail unless used unlawfully.

My god is this so illogically wrong.
Your logic: Guns = Cause of incarceration
I know many law abiding gun owners, who have never been incarcerated.
Your logic begs the question, are guns the ONLY reason for incarceration? Of course not. So your premise guns are the reason for the highest incarceration is ludicrous. A little search and you'll find that drugs is a primary cause for incarceration.

Also, you need to read facts about mass shootings. The media love to point out the weekend mass shootings that occur. Guess what, if you read into each of those stories, almost every mass shooting that the media reports are are caused by urban related gang and or urban violence from criminals who aren't allowed to own guns in the first place. Meantime, the majority of law abiding citizens have peaceful weekend outings that doesn't include incarceration, being shot, or being involved in violence of any type.

I would suggest you take a deeper dive into statistics of the information you espouse before espousing any of it. The problem with incarceration is an individual and cultural issue. The gun itself is an inanimate object incapable of sending one to jail unless used unlawfully.

They have to lie about mass public shootings, and use gang shootings in order to increase the number.

According to the Mother Jones Mass Public Shooting database, they use the FBI definition....there was a total of 6 mass public shootings in 2021...a total of 43 people killed.

When deer kill 200 people a year, it is hard to stampede uninformed Americans if you only have 6 mass public shootings......so they lie. They also expose themselves for the dishonest asshats that they are when you realize how they intentionally inflate the number....

interdasting.jpg

No, the problem is that we don’t punish criminals. Even when we finally put them in prison for their many crimes, our prisons are fairly benign places with climate control and many things for prisoners to do. In my opinion, prisons should be like supermaxes where prisoners are locked up twenty three hours out of the day and deprived of recreational materials.
Lock up and keep criminals locked up and almost all shootings, mass and individual go away as does most crime. Most crime is committed by a very small percentage of the population that are career criminals.

They have to lie about mass public shootings, and use gang shootings in order to increase the number.
And even when they do...

531 mass shootings thru 10-12.
527 deaths in mass shootings thru 10-12
Of the approx 10800 murders thru 10-12, approx. 4.8% were from mass shootings.
Of the 531 mass shootings, 4 (0.75%) involved 'assault weapons", for 46 (8.70%) of all mass shooting deaths
Of the approx 10800 murders thru 10-12, approx 0.42% involve an 'assault weapon' in a mass shooting.

# of deaths per mass shooting:
240 / 45.2%: 0 deaths
168 / 31.6%: 1 death
71 / 13.3% 2 deaths
> 90% of "mass shootings result in 2 or fewer deaths

Yes. It is the felons. Inanimate objects do not commit crimes. Criminals commit crimes.

Are you really too fucking stupid to comprehend that fact?

Forum List

Back