7 stories Barack Obama doesn't want told

Let me get this straight. We're going to pass a health care plan written by a committee whose head says he doesn't understand it, passed by a Congress that hasn't read it but exempts themselves from it, signed by a president that also hasn't read it, and who smokes, with funding administered by a treasury chief who didn't pay his taxes, overseen by a surgeon general who is obese, and financed by a country that's nearly broke

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Plagiarize much?

Old history and yet they continue to compare Obama to FDR...

Obama compares himself to every great president we've had.

WE aren't comparing him to anyone other then Jimmy Carter.

Jimmy Carter at least had one term. Obama will not be in office for a year until January. You might also remember that even the conservative icon Ronald Reagan, also dealing with a recession which began with Carter, saw his popularity drop to the 40's during his first year in office.

Reagan had a liberal media attacking him at every turn but he prevailed.

Obama has that same media defending him at every turn and he's still failing miserably.

I'm wondering how long it will take for you to realize you've been snookered.....taken to the cleaners by a slick politician?

Everyone else is realizing it so what we're seeing is those that are open-minded enough to have a change of heart are leaving him....and hangers on like yourself are going down with a sinking ship.

Every day it becomes harder to defend him.

I showed evidence that Bush did the tarp and spent or commited nearly all of it by dec 2008 and you fools still persist in this idiotic idea that it was Obama.

You have shown nothing except your inability to accept facts and an insistance that your silly "opinions" make facts irrelavant.

Obama was a part of every facet of the TARP.

He spent nearly half of it on God only knows what.

Then he warped the purpose of the program into a bullying tactic against capitalists.

The damage TARP has done almost exclusively happen on his watch and the effect of his misuse of the program resulted in the panic that it caused in the private sector. Everyone is worrying about govenmental intervention now. Jobs are being lost by the millions. Companies are in dire straits because they don't know what to expect next from this administration. Nobody and I mean NOBODY trusts the Obama Administration.

For the longest time when he felt he could gain something from it he had his State Run media telling us how bad things are and now that that doesn't seem to work in his favor now he wants to lie to us and paint a rosy picture of a recovering economy.....despite numerous indicators that the economy hasn't improved at all. Any effect the influx of cash from TARP and the Porkulous Bill have had will soon wear off and because none of it has improved productivity nor improved the atmosphere for job creation the economy is set to crash even further.

The bulk of the tarp was handed out or commited by Dec 2008.

Less then $400 billion of it was spent. Nearly $300 billion remained for Obama to authorize.

You math skills are suspect. $400 of $750; That is not the bulk of it. The bulk of $750 billion is closer to $700 billion. But whats a difference of a few hundred billion to a liberal.

Troubled Asset Relief Program - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

As of February 9, 2009, $388 billion had been allotted, and $296 billion spent, according to the Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget.

The Congressional Budget Office released a report in January 2009 reviewing the transactions enacted through the TARP. The CBO found that through December 31, 2008, transactions under the TARP totaled $247 billion. According to the CBO's report, the Treasury had purchased $178 billion in shares of preferred stock and warrants from 214 U.S. financial institutions through its Capital Purchase Program (CPP). This included the purchase of $40 billion of preferred stock in AIG, $25 billion of preferred stock in Citigroup, and $15 billion of preferred stock in Bank of America. The Treasury also agreed to lend $18.4 billion to General Motors and Chrysler. The Treasury, along with the FDIC and the Federal Reserve, has also agreed to guarantee a $306 billion portfolio of assets owned by Citigroup.[

Why do you ignore the facts given you?

Let me get this straight. We're going to pass a health care plan written by a committee whose head says he doesn't understand it, passed by a Congress that hasn't read it but exempts themselves from it, signed by a president that also hasn't read it, and who smokes, with funding administered by a treasury chief who didn't pay his taxes, overseen by a surgeon general who is obese, and financed by a country that's nearly broke

Sure. And this is fundamentally different from the last 8 years or so in what way?

Other than maybe the smoking and obese things.

Ohh I am sure that all of congress read all of the patriot act or pill bill and fully understood them and all the implications?

Transparancy......full disclosure????

We were promised time to read it.

They tried to cram the thing through in August before anyone had a chance to even look at the damned thing.

We had to pass it now......so they could get it to Obama's desk to sign.....then wait 4 years for it to go into effect.

Sorry, not exactly what one would say inspires confidence in a bill everyone knows will cost 1/6th of the total budget and will begin taxing years before any benefits will be paid.

Where is the emergency????

We were told this was an emergency.

Sorry, this is yet another example of the Democrats and Obama trying to perpetrate a hoax on taxpayers......like the Global Warming hoax.....and several other hoaxes.

The bailout could have made this country money but NOOOOO Bush and Paulson set it up with NO responsibility for the corps to repay the people for thier use of the money.

If that were true do you really think Obama the most powerful man in the world is absolutely powerless to change that?

Man....even you admit he's a spineless weakling.

Sure. And this is fundamentally different from the last 8 years or so in what way?

Ohh I am sure that all of congress read all of the patriot act or pill bill and fully understood them and all the implications?

Your point is the Obama and the Dems are no different than Bush and the GOPers?

What happen to "Change we can believe in".

Guess what he meant was "Change I can get you to believe in until I'm elected."

Your point is the Obama and the Dems are no different than Bush and the GOPers?

What happen to "Change we can believe in".

Guess what he meant was "Change I can get you to believe in until I'm elected."

No...I think it's "Give us your money.....you keep the change".

Um Truthie you do realize that only half of Tarp was spent when Obama Took office. and for every economist that things that stimulus bill was a neccessity there are five that think it only guaranteed a greater disaster down the road.

Forum List

Back