7 States Sue Biden Over Loan Forgiveness Plan

Is your tax going to increase one penny because of this loan forgiveness?

Not one penny
How do you know that? Biden has already raised taxes and is doubling the staff of the irs to go after Americans to get your money. You people are stupid. My gosh I think Biden is more aware of this than you are.

Fine taking money out of our pocket for PPP loans and tax breaks for the hyper wealthy.
2 wrongs don't make a right. But tell you what you have the government cut me a no strings attached check for 20 grand and I'll reconsider.

still a lot! It is way outpacing our average income....

Stats and Facts on the Average Cost of College
  • In-state students pay about $103,456 to attend a four-year college.
  • Out-of-state students pay $174,884 on average for higher education.
  • In the last 20 years, the cost of college has grown at a rate of 6.8% per year.
  • The average college class costs approximately $1,677.
  • The average cost of attending college online varies between $38,496 and $60,593.

More items

Average Cost of College - Facts & Figures in 2022 - Ba…

View attachment 704434
balancingeverything.com/average-cost-of-college/
Still can go part time

Community college is MUCH cheaper. Not sure what you are talking about.
Com college is about 75% of average college.

Still leaves student with huge market rate loans that they can never get rid of

Why would we be without food? There was no demand for food? It dried up?

If farmers stop producing food to sale, where would you get your food? They could grow it for themselves but if they are not able to make money mass producing it, they won’t keep doing so. You want the federal government to step in an take over the land?

If farmers stop producing food to sale, where would you get your food?

Why would they do that?

They could grow it for themselves but if they are not able to make money mass producing it, they won’t keep doing so. You want the federal government to step in an take over the land?

No one has ever argued that what they were growing they did not profit off it. You have to post factual information to make a valid point.

But even then...........what you are arguing is for the right of a business to blackmail the taxpayers into giving them their money or something bad will happen.

Sure. Which means what? It's OK to bail out one subset but no one else?

If you are unemployed, the state will pick up the cost of you getting your CDL.

They will? What state is that? I never heard of that before.

That's what we are talking about here, bailing out one subset which are students that took loans. It's not going to benefit me. It's not going to benefit you. It's not going to benefit anybody except the people that took out these loans.

You want to bail them out? Fine with me, as long as they sign a contract with the federal government they can't charge over X amount of money for the services they went to college for. Where is the fairness of me funding a person to be a doctor, and when they finally become a doctor, charge me $250.00 for an office visit?

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: DBA
Com college is about 75% of average college.

Still leaves student with huge market rate loans that they can never get rid of

Its more like 50% where I live and you are forgetting that one of the points of “community” college is that you live nearby. Room and board can often be subtracted. Granted, you have to live somewhere, so if you don’t have parents still in the area, you are likely to find more affordable housing nearby. Kids like the true college experience and like to live on campus at big schools, but there is a price for that, a price that they should have to pay if they want that luxury.

The wrongs always seem to go against the middle class don't they.

And despite what you hear, you can thank the Democrats for that. The only people that benefit from their policies are on the extremes. Super poor and super rich.

They will? What state is that? I never heard of that before.

While searching I found this.

WorkForce WV, on behalf of the State of West Virginia, has been awarded $6.1 million by the United States Department of Labor for a Job Driven National Emergency Grant (JD NEG). This funding provides long-term unemployed and individuals who are likely to exhaust their Unemployment Benefit On-the-Job Training (OJT) opportunities in the Oil and Gas and Construction industries. JD NEG Classroom/On-line Training is available for current in demand occupations.

U.S. Department of Labor.......so that means, it's not just a program for one state.

JD NEG training tuition up to $5,000 for each participant

Classroom or online training for in-demand occupations, such asCommercial Driver’s License (CDL)LPNMA Electrical Engineering HVAC

WorkForce West Virginia - Training

That's what we are talking about here, bailing out one subset which are students that took loans. It's not going to benefit me. It's not going to benefit you. It's not going to benefit anybody except the people that took out these loans.

You want to bail them out? Fine with me, as long as they sign a contract with the federal government they can't charge over X amount of money for the services they went to college for. Where is the fairness if me funding a person to be a doctor, and when they finally become a doctor, charge me $250.00 for an office visit?

Did the banks have to sign any such agreement? GM? What about the CDL driver above? He can only charge X amount per load?

Did you complain this vociferously about the billions of dollars in cash doled out to corporate America???? This never ceases to amaze me.

Conservatives have no problems with billions of dollars of tax cuts going to billionaires or corporations, but let Democrats give money to working people, who have been completely screwed over in the Republican economy of Ronald Reagan, and the wails of grievance by Republicans knows no bounds.
This is most working people having to pay the debts of phDs lawyers and doctors, moron. And the phDs include utter wastoids like those who focused on “gender studies” and their useless degree is their own problem to pay off.

Did the banks have to sign any such agreement? GM? What about the CDL driver above? He can only charge X amount per load?

For the most part trade school is a tiny fraction of the cost of college. If a state wants to fund it, that's on the state. But the federal government should not be funding anything related to college. Now I'm a retired truck driver of 30 years, and I've never met a person that got training from their state to drive. It's only a few thousand dollars for schooling.

Forum List

Back