68 year old woman commits a crime, only uses a .22 pistol to stop a violent thug,

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
For the anti gunners, the .22 caliber round in a pistol is considered one of the weakest rounds for self defense....however...put enough .22 into a violent thug, and it too can be a great attitude adjuster...

Notice also.... She is not a Navy SEAL, a Delta Operator, and she wasn't easily disarmed, shot by police or spraying wildly when attacked...

68-Year-Old Woman Takes Down a Home Invader With a .22 - The Truth About Guns

Around 6:40 p.m. in St. Pauls, N.C., a woman came home to some unexplained noises in her storage building. While armed, she walked into the building and saw James Dority, age 39, standing in the corner. The next thing she knew, he was “lunging at her” in “an aggressive manner.”

She shot him five times with, according to the one report, a .22-caliber gun. When deputies arrived, they found Dority lying on the ground with non-life-threatening wounds. He’s now recovering in a hospital.

The appropriateness of .22 calibers for self defense is a perpetually hot topic among gun owners. In this case, it appears that the woman succeeded in hitting her target each time, which may be the reason for her choice of caliber.

Should she have picked something with more “stopping power”? Possibly, although shot placement tends to trump caliber when it comes to stopping a threat. The important thing is that the job got done, and the woman came away from the situation unharmed.

A .22 is gonna hurt worse than an ASP baton made of OC spray.

Unless someone is dusted to the eyeballs, it's going to deter an attack.

She shot him five times with, according to the one report, a .22-caliber gun. When deputies arrived, they found Dority lying on the ground with non-life-threatening wounds. He’s now recovering in a hospital.

Well, darn, I don't think she got the job done!! He's still ALIVE?? You know he'll keep on robbing, supporting his drug habit. I have a 38, so if I shot him five times, I think I'd have been more successful than she was.

For the anti gunners, the .22 caliber round in a pistol is considered one of the weakest rounds for self defense....however...put enough .22 into a violent thug, and it too can be a great attitude adjuster...

Notice also.... She is not a Navy SEAL, a Delta Operator, and she wasn't easily disarmed, shot by police or spraying wildly when attacked...

68-Year-Old Woman Takes Down a Home Invader With a .22 - The Truth About Guns

Around 6:40 p.m. in St. Pauls, N.C., a woman came home to some unexplained noises in her storage building. While armed, she walked into the building and saw James Dority, age 39, standing in the corner. The next thing she knew, he was “lunging at her” in “an aggressive manner.”

The appropriateness of .22 calibers for self defense is a perpetually hot topic among gun owners. In this case, it appears that the woman succeeded in hitting her target each time, which may be the reason for her choice of caliber.

Should she have picked something with more “stopping power”? Possibly, although shot placement tends to trump caliber when it comes to stopping a threat. The important thing is that the job got done, and the woman came away from the situation unharmed.

I hope she got him in his package 5 times

Forum List

Back