$62k per Year for a Worthless Degree

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
So the guy swallowed the candy and applied for a private college with a degree that is all but worthless. And he blames the college for suckering him into applying.

And, he's not alone. It's estimated that 40 millions Americans owe #1.2 TRILLION in student loans – and most of them will never make enough to pay it back.

And it all comes down to the fact that our entire pre-college education system is designed only to have graduates go on to college.

If you can stomach it, read the story @ I Am the Student Loan Crisis at Its Ugliest: I Graduated and Found Out I’m $200,000 in Debt

" but for a bioethicist like me"

I actually had to Google what that was....what idiot spends 200K for a degree in THAT?

He may be an idiot, but higher education deserves a lot of blame for ripping off students.

Last edited:
Government backed loans means they can charge what they want. But if you pay for a degree you can't benefit from I don't have much sympathy for you. How could the guy not know what the debt would be?

I took my graduate degrees just as the privatization of public college tuition began but did not accept loans. My GI Bill and graduate fellowships were more than enough to get me through two degree programs. Most anyone who accepts loans should have their heads examined.

I took my graduate degrees just as the privatization of public college tuition began but did not accept loans. My GI Bill and graduate fellowships were more than enough to get me through two degree programs. Most anyone who accepts loans should have their heads examined.
Most young people can't afford to pay for their college expenses without taking loans because the cost of a college education has skyrocketed...even higher than health care costs. Of course, the students with wealthy parents have no problems and the poor get grants. The middle class is hit the hardest. Why is this? Because the liberal left who runs nearly the entirety of higher education, is fucking greedy...but you won't hear that from the MSM or the stinking politicians.

Screen%20Shot%202015-07-19%20at%206.21.01%20PM.png

weasel, your stupid comment reflect your lack of wits.

gipper, students can work for scholarships and grants, they can go to CC and get good grades to get more scholarships and grants, and they can work to pay their way through.

gipper, students can work for scholarships and grants, they can go to CC and get good grades to get more scholarships and grants, and they can work to pay their way through.
College costs are so high that working or going to community college, is not the answer. They still have to take loans. You think a college kid can make enough money to cover his costs of college on minimum wage. WTF Fakey are you living in 1985?

I have a cancelled check I carry in my wallet to show people how fucked up higher education is, thanks to leftists. In 1982 my college tuition at a major public university, for a full load of credits, was just over $700. I wrote that check then and it did not phase me. Now that same university costs about $10k...how many college kids do you know that can write that check?

College costs are so high that working or going to community college, is not the answer. They still have to take loans. You think a college kid can make enough money to cover his costs of college on minimum wage. WTF Fakey are you living in 1985?

I have a cancelled check I carry in my wallet to show people how fucked up higher education is, thanks to leftists. In 1982 my college tuition at a major public university, for a full load of credits, was just over $700. I wrote that check then and it did not phase me. Now that same university costs about $10k...how many college kids do you know that can write that check?

You always know when you hear someone make the kind of comment JakeStarkey did they are a gray haired Baby Boomer because they are the only ones dumb enough to believe you can still pay for college by working a summer job. Their generation is completely clueless as to the struggles of their kids and grandkids despite the fact they caused it all.

They can do it in East Texas where they can take 30 units a year for less than $1500 a year, then go on to state college. You are a fool.

You always know when you hear someone make the kind of comment JakeStarkey did they are a gray haired Baby Boomer because they are the only ones dumb enough to believe you can still pay for college by working a summer job. Their generation is completely clueless as to the struggles of their kids and grandkids despite the fact they caused it all.
Stop your nonsense now. Who said "summer job"? Begin in CC, work part time or full time, adjust as you need, get grants or scholarships, and get good grades. It can be done.

Government backed loans means they can charge what they want. But if you pay for a degree you can't benefit from I don't have much sympathy for you. How could the guy not know what the debt would be?

There is a major misconception out there. Government backed loans will only pay for part of the cost of a college education. They calculate how much the parents should contribute and and will loan you the rest. That means if you cannot afford the parent portion, you have to take out loans that are a higher interest rate and usually have little or no deferral of repayment. I don't see how people do that.

Luckily my daughter has only cost me $1200 for an on-line class between semesters and the cost and upkeep of her vehicle for a 4-year degree because she had a scholarship through the US Army.

They can do it in East Texas where they can take 30 units a year for less than $1500 a year, then go on to state college. You are a fool.
If it that easy Fake, why do so few do it?

If it that easy Fake, why do so few do it?
"easy" is your weak word, gipped. It can be done if one is willing to do it.

Most young people can't afford to pay for their college expenses without taking loans because the cost of a college education has skyrocketed...even higher than health care costs. Of course, the students with wealthy parents have no problems and the poor get grants. The middle class is hit the hardest. Why is this? Because the liberal left who runs nearly the entirety of higher education, is fucking greedy...but you won't hear that from the MSM or the stinking politicians.

Ann Coulter has written about this.

She says Congress needs to grill Administrators as to what exactly we are paying for and why the incredible increases.

Ann Coulter has written about this.

She says Congress needs to grill Administrators as to what exactly we are paying for and why the incredible increases.

One could argue that it is none of the federal government's business, since no one controls private school costs and state schools are obviously responsible to the state.

When state schools receive federal monies, then, yes, it is a federal concern also.

Simple. States must stop taking federal money for schools.

If you like living in the desert getting shot at, yea, it's a great plan.

Forum List

Back