600,000 Still Without Power in Florida

Why does that have anything to do with being hit by a hurricane? You really showed your ignorance with that post.

Just weeks after Venezuelan migrants were shipped from San Antonio to Martha’s Vineyard to boost Ron DeSantis’ 2024 prospects, some Venezuelan migrants in New York City are reportedly being recruited to Florida to aid in Hurricane Ian cleanup.

“The migrants had scant information about whom they would be working for, but they still piled into vans in Queens that they said were headed to the Sunshine State over the weekend,” The New York Postsaid. Video obtained by the outlet showed a number of migrants readying to get picked up, bags and suitcases in hand. Perhaps the Florida Republican should have considered a pitstop on his flights returning from Massachusetts.

:auiqs.jpg:

Depends on how leveraged the insurance companies are, and how concentrated the various companies were in the area. The whole point of insurance is spread risk, so if they did it right the rest of the places not hit by flooding this year should handle it.
Yeah, it would depend on all of that...!!

Plus, how many years they have been able to go with no hurricane damage at all, anywhere inFlorida, are back profits in their kitty....hopefully.

Don't be a douche, Sealy! Anyone that "loves" when ANYWHERE get's hit with a natural disaster is an asshole. Do you really "love" that probably a thousand of your fellow Americans are dead right now and hundreds of thousands have lost everything they own? You might want to delete that post...it doesn't make you look good...at all!!!
that's not an accurate death count at all.

that's not an accurate death count at all.
Trust me on this one, Imp. I'm here. That hurricane was a worst case scenario. They'll be recovering bodies for months after this. As for the death count? You're only counted when your body has been recovered, identified and your next of kin have been contacted. The destruction to those barrier islands? You don't have that kind of storm surge and not lose a lot of people. I wish that wasn't the case but it is. The death counts you're seeing now are just a drop in what will be a rather large bucket.

Trust me on this one, Imp. I'm here. That hurricane was a worst case scenario. They'll be recovering bodies for months after this. As for the death count? You're only counted when your body has been recovered, identified and your next of kin have been contacted. The destruction to those barrier islands? You don't have that kind of storm surge and not lose a lot of people. I wish that wasn't the case but it is. The death counts you're seeing now are just a drop in what will be a rather large bucket.
probably a very accurate assessment.

Just seems an odd priority if the area has truly been ripped apart.
Tampa got strong winds and rain but was not in the direct path of the storm. Ian came on shore in Fort Myers, about 2 hours South of Tampa.

Path%20of%20Ian%202022%2010%2004-S.jpg

Tampa got strong winds and rain but was not in the direct path of the storm. Ian came on shore in Fort Myers, about 2 hours South of Tampa.

Path%20of%20Ian%202022%2010%2004-S.jpg
Thank you for the weather report. Here in MI global warming is fucking up my deer. It's hung in 50 degree weather. It's supposed to drop into the 30's or 40's not 50's! Thank god I have a Amish butcher opens at 6am. I could go drop it off right now but it will be fine overnight. I gutted it pretty quick.

I saw now it is down to 333,000... that is fast repairing being done.
Florida pre-positioned utility trucks to make repairs. I would guess Florida had a prepared and well-tested disaster plan and put it into operation. Unlike Louisiana with Katrina and New York with its hurricane damage.

Yeah, it would depend on all of that...!!

Plus, how many years they have been able to go with no hurricane damage at all, anywhere inFlorida, are back profits in their kitty....hopefully.

Insurance companies are actually pretty well regulated regarding what assets they have to maintain for payouts with regards to how many policies they have.

Insurance companies are actually pretty well regulated regarding what assets they have to maintain for payouts with regards to how many policies they have.
Then what is all this insurance doomsday talk about Florida, since Ian?

Maybe, they also insured interstate residents that were harmed as well, when they counted on them to be unharmed???

Then what is all this insurance doomsday talk about Florida, since Ian?

Maybe, they also insured interstate residents that were harmed as well, when they counted on them to be unharmed???

It's talk. Who do you hear talking about it? Journalists or the insurance companies?

It's talk. Who do you hear talking about it? Journalists or the insurance companies?
Ok, I googled it!

It's not the Hurricane!

What is the biggest insurance issue right now in Florida?

The biggest issue right now in Florida is home insurance fraud, driven by fraudulent roofing claims. A proclamation from the office of Governor Ron DeSantis notes that, although Florida only accounts for 9% of the country’s home insurance claims, it is home to 79% of the country’s home insurance lawsuits. Many of these lawsuits are fraudulent.

Will 2022 Bring The Collapse Of The Florida Homeowners Insurance …
www.bankrate.com/insurance/homeowners-insurance/f…

Ok, I googled it!

It's not the Hurricane!

What is the biggest insurance issue right now in Florida?

The biggest issue right now in Florida is home insurance fraud, driven by fraudulent roofing claims. A proclamation from the office of Governor Ron DeSantis notes that, although Florida only accounts for 9% of the country’s home insurance claims, it is home to 79% of the country’s home insurance lawsuits. Many of these lawsuits are fraudulent.

Will 2022 Bring The Collapse Of The Florida Homeowners Insurance …
www.bankrate.com/insurance/homeowners-insurance/f…

The thing with the roof claims though is they take forever to litigate, so even if there is liability it can be handled with future premiums. The hurricane's required payouts are immediate, and unless the companies have been skirting leverage rules, they should be fine.

Forum List

Back