6 yr old boy in Colorado suspended for sexual harassment

bianco

VIP Member
Aug 23, 2013
Sydney, Australia
6-year-old suspended for kissing girl, accused of sexual harassment - CNN.com

A 6-year-old boy near Colorado Springs, Colorado, was suspended from school for kissing a girl on the hand. You read that correctly.

"It was during class," first-grader Hunter Yelton said in an interview with CNN affiliate KRDO. "We were doing reading group, and I leaned over and kissed her on the hand. That's what happened."

#####

A vital lesson for the young man...stay right away from girls.

Oh well, his Queensland Blue Heeler Aussie cattle dog puppy still loves him.
A loyal and faithful friend.

If he would have kissed a boys hand, he would have been praised

Agreed. In fact, I remember kissing the only real girlfriend in I ever had in High School on the cheek. Too bad she chose to cheat on me, I really liked her. Nobody called that sexual harassment.

Lay off the kid will ya?

1. The child has a history of discipline problems, per the mother and the school. This wasn't his first strike.
2. The mother reportedly stated that the two are boyfriend/girlfriend, and that the girl didn't mind his advances. I wasn't aware that a 6 year old could give consent.
3. Paraphrasing the child: "I'm a 6-year-old. I have a lot of energy." (His justification? Or his mother's justification, being parroted by the child?)
4. Why did Mom go to the media, instead of to the school?
5. The school has changed the record from "sexual harassment" to "misconduct." This is more appropriate.
6. The mother of the girl, tells a different story:

Mother of girl involved in 'kissing' discipline speaks out - Canon City Daily Record

When he advances to the next grade and from here on out he has to
introduce himself to his classmates as a sexual predator.
That was the deal the school offered instead of jail time.

Ridiculous that the PC police have gotten so much power.

Agreed. In fact, I remember kissing the only real girlfriend in I ever had in High School on the cheek. Too bad she chose to cheat on me, I really liked her. Nobody called that sexual harassment.

Lay off the kid will ya?

She obviously wanted more than a kiss on the cheek...just sayin

Well, thanks to Liberal/Democrat permissive mind set, girls are giving blow jobs in 4th grade, screwed by 5th grade and bi-sexual in the 7th grade. Well, not all I'm certain but that's the trend in California..

Last edited:
1. The child has a history of discipline problems, per the mother and the school. This wasn't his first strike.
2. The mother reportedly stated that the two are boyfriend/girlfriend, and that the girl didn't mind his advances. I wasn't aware that a 6 year old could give consent.
3. Paraphrasing the child: "I'm a 6-year-old. I have a lot of energy." (His justification? Or his mother's justification, being parroted by the child?)
5. The school has changed the record from "sexual harassment" to "misconduct." This is more appropriate.

Mother of girl involved in 'kissing' discipline speaks out - Canon City Daily Record

That's what I suspect.

Usually, when you hear one of these stories about outrageous behavior, it's usually a kid who is nothing but trouble and his mother refuses to put him on ritalin.

That's what I suspect.

Usually, when you hear one of these stories about outrageous behavior, it's usually a kid who is nothing but trouble and his mother refuses to put him on ritalin.

So the cure for a boy acting up a bit is to drug him?

I'm not surprised Joe is a supporter of the concept that boys have to be treated as defective girls, and have to be medicated to fit the hive minds view on how they should behave.

That's what I suspect.

Red flags have gone up in my mind, and I wonder what the heck is going on at home. Something's not quite right.

That's what I suspect.

Red flags have gone up in my mind, and I wonder what the heck is going on at home. Something's not quite right.

Sheesh..grow up, he was sweet on her, just an innocent kid.

That's what I suspect.

I'm not surprised Joe is a supporter of the concept that boys have to be treated as defective girls, and have to be medicated to fit the hive minds view on how they should behave.

Not at all... I think that there are lot of cases where Ritalin is overprescribed.

And I think there are a lot of nutty parents who NEED to medicate their children who don't.

Funny how your definition of "Freedom" is always involved with accepting anti-social behavior.

That's what I suspect.

Unwanted touching is not acceptable at all, and that is what this is about. There was another boy who was doing it too; both were told to knock it off, which the other kid did. This kid didn't stop. It is not okay for kids to be putting their hands, or lips, on others when the contact is not wanted. They need to learn that: it is learning appropriate social behavior. Would you want your kids to grow up w/o the appropriate social skills? This kid needs to learn. I agree, there is something going on at home: his parents are not reinforcing proper social behavior.

Last edited:
That's what I suspect.

Unwanted touching is not acceptable at all, and that is what this is about. There was another boy who was doing it too; both were told to knock it off, which the other kid did. This kid didn't stop. It is not okay for kids to be putting their hands, or lips, on others when the contact is not wanted. They need to learn that: it is learning appropriate social behavior. Would you want your kids to grow up w/o the appropriate social skills? This kid needs to learn. I agree, there is something going on at home: his parents are not reinforcing proper social behavior.

I recall a kid bugging my older sister in elementary school, grabbing her and such, so I kicked his ass. He stopped bugging her.

I recall a kid bugging my older sister in elementary school, grabbing her and such, so I kicked his ass. He stopped bugging her.

That's awesome and stuff, but teachers can't count on a "Lord of The Flies" solution to working out these problems anymore.

That's awesome and stuff, but teachers can't count on a "Lord of The Flies" solution to working out these problems anymore.

I didn't stick a spear in him.:lol:.

Just because Democrats are to cowardly to man-up in these type of situations doesn't make it civilized, it just proves my point.

I didn't stick a spear in him.:lol:.

Just because Democrats are to cowardly to man-up in these type of situations doesn't make it civilized, it just proves my point.

Actually it is not a matter of 'manning up,' it is a matter of being civilized. A civilized man is the best type of man.

That's what I suspect.

Not at all... I think that there are lot of cases where Ritalin is overprescribed.

And I think there are a lot of nutty parents who NEED to medicate their children who don't.

Funny how your definition of "Freedom" is always involved with accepting anti-social behavior.

a 6 year old kissing another 6 year old on the hand is not anti-social behavior. If it was unwanted it is a parenting situation, not a situation where a 6 year old gets accused of sexual harrasment because some school administrator cannot think on thier own, and instead goes for the cookie-cutter approach to handling an issue at a school.

a 6 year old kissing another 6 year old on the hand is not anti-social behavior. If it was unwanted it is a parenting situation, not a situation where a 6 year old gets accused of sexual harrasment because some school administrator cannot think on thier own, and instead goes for the cookie-cutter approach to handling an issue at a school.

It is a situation, which should have been handled by the mother, the other child's mother, and the school's administration. The fact that Mom went straight to the press, is very telling. Kids are going to sneak around and kiss; yes, that's normal...

1. But the child had already been disciplined for the same problem.
2. The girl had repeatedly begged him to stop; per the (girl's) mother.
3. This 6 year old boy said: “Yes… I have a lot of energy. I mean 6 year olds? They have a lot of energy." 'Sexual harassment' wording dropped from 6-year-old's school record | News - Home Who taught him to answer that way?
4. I'm wondering if this is going to prompt an investigation by the DCS. Something reeks.

Forum List

Back