58% say that Trump should not run for President if Charged with a crime.

SavannahMann

Platinum Member
Nov 16, 2016
This poll result is interesting.

Let me quote a paragraph in the article.

Democrats (88 - 9 percent) and independents (55 - 36 percent) think criminal charges should disqualify Trump from running for president again, while Republicans (75 - 23 percent) think criminal charges should not disqualify him from running again.

Many times I’ve explained it to people. But here again it is necessary to reiterate the truth.

A third of the people would Vote Democrat no matter who is running. Another Third would vote Republican exactly the same way. The elections are decided by the last third. The Independent Voters.

When those Voters swing left Democrats are elected. When they swing right, then Republicans are elected. They are moderates. They don’t buy the extremes of either party.

But look at the numbers. Republicans. Only 75% want Trump to run if Charged. Charged. Not convicted. Charged.

Now I expect the CT morons to rush in and scream this is the plan of the left. I expect there to be folks who are equally adamant that this must be the case.

I’m not one of them. On either side. I’ve consistently said I don’t know enough to determine if Trump is guilty. I’ve consistently stated that we need to wait for more information.

I don’t see any reason Trump shouldn’t run. It is a free country. And being accused of a crime is not proof of wrongdoing. I believe in my heart that the individual is innocent until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.

What I think this poll indicates is that more than half the people don’t want Trump again. I don’t see him getting a bounce from being charged. And the claims that any arrest or prosecution would make Trump a Martyr. I don’t see that and I don’t think the supporters do either. All Martyrs have one thing in common. They’re dead. I don’t wish anyone dead.

Democrats (88 - 9 percent) and independents (55 - 36 percent) think criminal charges should disqualify Trump from running for president again, while Republicans (75 - 23 percent) think criminal charges should not disqualify him from running again.

Many times I’ve explained it to people. But here again it is necessary to reiterate the truth.

A third of the people would Vote Democrat no matter who is running. Another Third would vote Republican exactly the same way. The elections are decided by the last third. The Independent Voters.

When those Voters swing left Democrats are elected. When they swing right, then Republicans are elected. They are moderates. They don’t buy the extremes of either party.

But look at the numbers. Republicans. Only 75% want Trump to run if Charged. Charged. Not convicted. Charged.

Now I expect the CT morons to rush in and scream this is the plan of the left. I expect there to be folks who are equally adamant that this must be the case.

I’m not one of them. On either side. I’ve consistently said I don’t know enough to determine if Trump is guilty. I’ve consistently stated that we need to wait for more information.

I don’t see any reason Trump shouldn’t run. It is a free country. And being accused of a crime is not proof of wrongdoing. I believe in my heart that the individual is innocent until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.

What I think this poll indicates is that more than half the people don’t want Trump again. I don’t see him getting a bounce from being charged. And the claims that any arrest or prosecution would make Trump a Martyr. I don’t see that and I don’t think the supporters do either. All Martyrs have one thing in common. They’re dead. I don’t wish anyone dead.
If Trump is indicted he'll head straight to the oval office. People can see through these political witch hunts.

If he is charged sith a crime rhe voters would have to decide just as they decided to elect Fetterman who had clear health issues (and still does it appears).. The reason he shouldn't run is that he won't win in 2024, nor will any GOP barring a miracle. Yes, I have beeb awoken by another middle of the night headache. :(

If Trump is indicted he'll head straight to the oval office. People can see through these political witch hunts.

The Martyr argument. I don’t see it. I just don’t see it coming about that way. The problem with that is that most people think Rich people cheat and break laws anyway. They think that the rich folks get away with it because they are rich.

But you may be right. I doubt it. But I’ve been wrong before and it wouldn’t be the first time.

Got any more absurd , "If ", ideas OP ?
More Fake Poll results from a Left Only sample

Data from the Center for Responsive Politics (CRP) revealed that Quinnipiac employees donated $102,887 to different political committees and campaigns during the 2020 election cycle (January 2019 to December 2020), the highest since at least 1994. The CRP also showed that 95.57% of those political contributions went to the Democratic Party.

When President Joe Biden was a candidate, he received $22,362 from Quinnipiac employees, the highest among all other recipients. In 2020, former President Donald Trump received only $592.

How to produce FAKE NEWS

Data from the Center for Responsive Politics (CRP) revealed that Quinnipiac employees donated $102,887 to different political committees and campaigns during the 2020 election cycle (January 2019 to December 2020), the highest since at least 1994. The CRP also showed that 95.57% of those political contributions went to the Democratic Party.

When President Joe Biden was a candidate, he received $22,362 from Quinnipiac employees, the highest among all other recipients. In 2020, former President Donald Trump received only $592.

How to produce FAKE NEWS

Ok. So where is the poll with great support for Trump? I suppose we could use the CPAC straw poll of attendees of the Conservative Political Action Conference. I’m sure that is indicative of the wider public. Trump got 62% of that poll.

But let’s look at the head to head polling.

Hmmmm. It appears to be a statistical tie. I don’t understand. Surely some of the polling would be done by fair folks who accurately represent the Trump Voters in the sample.

If we look at DeSantis versus Biden. We see a similar statistical tie.

So where can we find the true numbers? If we go with the last actual election, it doesn’t look good for Trump. 2020 and 2022 were not kind to the MAGA nuts. Lake, Walker, and Oz, all lost their elections despite being endorsed and supported by Trump. In Walker’s case Republicans won every other statewide election despite being opposed by Trump in the primary.

I suppose the falling “values” poll is also fake.

So where is the true numbers?

Only 58%?

Only 58%?

I’m just reporting on the article. I find it interesting for two reasons. First the number of people who don’t understand the difference between charged and convicted. Second. The nearly quarter of Republicans and more than half of the independents who agree that Trump shouldn’t run if he is charged.

I’m just reporting on the article. I find it interesting for two reasons. First the number of people who don’t understand the difference between charged and convicted. Second. The nearly quarter of Republicans and more than half of the independents who agree that Trump shouldn’t run if he is charged.

Six years after Trump was elected, and it hasn't been proven that he's committed any kind of a crime. It's all bullshit anyway.

Ok. So where is the poll with great support for Trump?

So where can we find the true numbers?

So where is the true numbers?
I don't look for results to "prove "my already chosen conclusions .

Rather , I want results from a test population that represents correct sampling , to hopefully then lead to a hypothesis and tentative theory .
I certainly do not want other alleged "honest" results thrown in to taint matters and simply deflect from the original proposition.
Replies that use Deflection rather than respond directly to a criticism are one basic way of creating Fake News.

So , I appreciate your reply but find it procedurally unacceptable because it is an invalid approach .

Trump nor Biden should run for office, they probably will but I hope neither gets nominated, two very bad options for our country.

Trump nor Biden should run for office, they probably will but I hope neither gets nominated, two very bad options for our country.

Since it was about six weeks before the election of 2020, I’ve said that I wasn’t voting because the choice between Biden and Trump was two steaming piles of shit. I’ve said the same thing many times since. I didn’t vote because both candidates were awful.

Since it was about six weeks before the election of 2020, I’ve said that I wasn’t voting because the choice between Biden and Trump was two steaming piles of shit. I’ve said the same thing many times since. I didn’t vote because both candidates were awful.
I voted but I went third party, I don’t vote for people that are not good candidates.

Not far enough to the left for you? :laughing0301:

The Martyr argument. I don’t see it. I just don’t see it coming about that way. The problem with that is that most people think Rich people cheat and break laws anyway. They think that the rich folks get away with it because they are rich.

But you may be right. I doubt it. But I’ve been wrong before and it wouldn’t be the first time.
Why else would Demofacists like Nancy Piglosi who impeach President Trump not on just a bogus Russian Dossier that was paid for by the Hitlery Campaign, but also a conversation with Ukraine that wasnt what Piglosi said it was, and nothing became of it, yet still the Marxists/Demofacists want to charge President Trump with a crime that he didnt do. You know when the whore Stormey Daniels was paid off by the lying lawyer Michael Cohen, and then it was found out that Cohen never got paid back by President Trump who saw that this was a Marxist/Demofacists setup again. This is why the left must destroy US and President Trump who stand in their way of world domination.

On a side note, when Joe Biden was installed, not won the 2020 election, i warned everyone that there would be uncontrolled crime and shootings like what we saw with his ex-boss, the 1/2 white turd Obammy. God, i hate being right all the time.

How to produce FAKE NEWS
and rasmussen and trafalgar are the worst pollsters in the nation and you love them.

Forum List

Back